It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MS-13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've seen some TV programs about the gang MS-13. Its pretty frightening. Part of me wants them to war with other rival gangs and hopefully wipe each other out, but they appear to be spreading worldwide, and their violence is affecting innocent citizens.

Do any of you have known MS-13 gangs in your area? Are they being "controlled" by the local authorities. Where I reside, I'm sure there's a clique, but I don't think its ever been mentioned in the news. Since they could be most anywhere, I sometimes worry if I could be offed while getting petrol, or doing any other everyday errand for no good reason, or having a home invasion in the middle of the night so they can thieve and pillage to support their criminal lifestyle.

The inner-workings of MS-13 is a true secret society. No one is sure if there is a single unified person heading the organization, and if so, who it might be.

Any other knowledge on this group?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Interesting. Scary to.
Link

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Gangs are only successful when they are able to intimidate people.

I am not intimidated, and if a one of these gang members thinks they are going to rob me, it's going to be a bad day for them.

Are you able to defend yourself and your family properly? If not, you should be, and then these worries go away.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
ive seen the documentaries on MS-13 and they are no average teenage buglers wanting some spare change for some pot. though if left alone there is no real reason to real reason to be scared, sure they will talk gangsta in your face and what not but they will walk off and you wont see them again. if they were interested in killing people for no reason then CNN will be much less orientated on Iraq.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I created a thread on them a long time ago. Yes they are very scary albeit interesting. Where I live in D.C. they are extremely rampant in parts of D.C. and even more so in Northern Virginia. You have to go out of your way to find them, so in that sense they are very different than your average street gang slingin rock on a street corner. Although they are still extremely dangerous, I have heard they have something called "International Kill a Cop Day." From what I gather those guys aren't the run up like a scared kid with a gun and pop you a few times then flee, they also aren't interested in "drive-bys" they are more the hack you up with a machete type.

I had not heard that people equate them to a secret society though, that's an interesting idea since they obviously are much more secretive than your local Bloods and Cryps club. I guess they would have to be much more organized seeing as how large and effective they are.

Is it bad that it reminds me of Scarface when all the Cubans come to America at the beginning?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This gang is not out to Pillage and Destroy first of all. They are out to rival other gangs and to sell thier products whether it be Drugs, sex, or arsenal. Which is all going to be illegal ... and not registered anywhere ... The bad thing is/is that they will kill/murder anyone else selling those items that they are selling in a region. Basically they will set up a deal with whoever ... then rob them of thier Items and kill them ... then turn around and make Double the profit off of whatever it was ... Although these always looks like murders because noone is saying yeah we were meeting here ... Doing these things .... So it appears that is was not over these things when in reality it was over so much more. The Funny thing is that the MAIN thing that these guys make thier money from is Marijuana. Which opens up many other doors ... To them selling whatever else it is that they want to sell. Where if they would just legalize Pot. Then The Cocaine, Guns, and God knows what else that they are transporting into this country with the pot would be very greatly affected. The TRUE thing that would counteract them just finding some other way to getting this done .. Would be to involve the Mexican Government in this and Let them make thier profit off of all of this. In return getting all of the true people that are just growing these products to survive would make thier money and everyone that was not involved in the SMUGGLE HAPPY !!! TA DAAAAAAAAAAAA .... LOL ...

Originally posted by ReadilyUnavailable
Gangs are only successful when they are able to intimidate people.

I am not intimidated, and if a one of these gang members thinks they are going to rob me, it's going to be a bad day for them.

Are you able to defend yourself and your family properly? If not, you should be, and then these worries go away.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well if we can get the lawyers to allow our law enforcement to "take care of" the situation, this would cease to be an issue. It is kinda scary considering that even the mob don't mess with these guys. When you tie the cops hands, this is what you get........ just take a look at the 2 border patrol guys.....we should be ashamed...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes we should be ashamed ... That our OWN citizens from the local area had to go in and take things into thier own hands in Arizona ... and they got critized for it ... is the POOR thing ... What do the Americans think is happening do they think these Minutemen ... go out there picking a FIGHT ???? THEY ARE F'ING protecting their kids ... If there wasn't a problem they wouldn't be taking time out of thier LIFes to do these things ... Some people are so RASH .. and BOLD to say such things about GOOD PEOPLE ... REDICULOUS !

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think MS-13 has some ties to the Mexican Mafia, hell they could be the same group for all I know. I do know that mexican mafia is a big gang even here in Indiana, mostly in the prisons. The only other more feared gang is the aryan brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When is the last time you heard the Aryan Brotherhood kill someone ... ... Or maybe it is because you will never hear of them killing someone ever again ... Maybe they got smart ... and tell the other part of the gang they want killed over that they will give them thier share if they do ... Heck that is what I would do .. especially if I was involved in things of this nature ... Criminal Activity better be glad I am never and never wanna be apart of it because I would be a good criminal. Although I bet they all think that ...

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I think MS-13 has some ties to the Mexican Mafia, hell they could be the same group for all I know. I do know that mexican mafia is a big gang even here in Indiana, mostly in the prisons. The only other more feared gang is the aryan brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, prisons tend to be very gang infested. I know the aryan brotherhood is pretty much the only protection you can get in prison from black and mexican gangs.

I dont agree with any of it. I personally think these people should be treated as terrorists and terminated accordingly.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I personally think these people should be treated as terrorists and terminated accordingly.

Are you sure they can not be rehabilitated first?

nah ... me either.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I know ther are some %'s on whether or not people Rehabilitatae .. do you think this is a percentage that falls across the board.

Originally posted by edsinger

I personally think these people should be treated as terrorists and terminated accordingly.

Are you sure they can not be rehabilitated first?

nah ... me either.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

Do any of you have known MS-13 gangs in your area?

I know there here where I live. There hasn't been any recently activity that I heard about, but I remember a few years ago MS-13 members raped 2 deaf teenage girls. I know one of the scumbags got let off. Its a story that gets me mad just thinking about it.

Here is what happened.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i seen a program that had MS-13 gang members using their own made up sign language with their hands, interesting

some gangs that are only running in the country they started in can be ccopied by copycats in other countries & that can give mixed messages of strength, power & intentions of the supposed "one gang" and may make it seem more worse than it is

top topics

join