It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image from Hubble

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
deleted by me, already had posted that image lol

s]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Kronos -

Great Thread........it should remind people how petty we can actually be. There is much more going on in the Universe that most realize and all it takes in science to make these discoveries!

You have voted Kr0n0s for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Also the hubble deep filed picture should make those that actually believe that Earth is the only planet in the Universe with life.....are naive.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hey ferret, thanks for your input and yes I completely agree with pretty much all you said.
Its true that some people in this world can be arrogant enough to think that we are alone but hey, thats what makes this world like it is.
If everybody shared the same opinions, then this world would be soooo boring lol..
Oh btw, thank you for the WATS but I have to ask, what exactly is this
Way Above Top Secret Award Anyway?

[edit on 22-2-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here is another very cool image of a particular type of Galaxy. I know that this is a fairly old thread, I dont post every image that i find, just the ones that are imo very cool

Oh and here is the explanation by a qualified astronmer

Explanation: Why do some spiral galaxies have a ring around the center? First and foremost, M95 is one of the closer examples of a big and beautiful barred spiral galaxy. Visible in the above recent image from the CFHT telescope in Hawaii, USA, are sprawling spiral arms delineate by open clusters of bright blue stars, lanes of dark dust, the diffuse glow of billions of faint stars, and a short bar across the galaxy center. What intrigues many astronomers, however, is the circumnuclear ring around the galaxy center visible just outside the central bar. Recent images by the Chandra X-ray Observatory have shown that X-ray light surrounding the ring is likely emission from recent supernovas. Although the long term stability of the ring remains a topic of research, recent observations indicate its present brightness is at least enhanced by transient bursts of star formation. M95, also known as NGC 3351, spans about 50,000 light-years and can be seen with a small telescope toward the constellation of the Lion (Leo).

Tomorrow's picture: Ides of March

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Kr0n0s]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join