It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One for discussion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I havent done a damn bit of looking at this one, it's from www.ufoevidence.org, and was submitted by a guy who's wife found this series on the net...they are yet to find them again, and no one knows where they came from.

I'd be interested in what you all think. I have no knowledge of them whatsoever, but they do look alot like Walter's UFO from the Gulf. I find the idea of the UO being some distance away...at least as far as the far branch on the tree....

...interesting no?

There's another one like this out of Canaima, Venezuela, it's black and white shot and rather grainy.

If you think it's hoaxed, tell us why.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I tore this image apart with a few graphics programs and I can't seem to find any evidence that this image was put in the photograph digitally. It's very interesting. One of the few I haven't been able to debunk through analysis on the computer. The photo looks real to me, I saw the grainy B&W pics of a similar object but these are the clearest ones I've seen that show no signs of doctoring(other than the text being added at the bottom. I'm not an expert with photos either. I think it's real but I wanna see what others have to say and see how they found signs it is a hoax if anyone claims so. Looks like a solid pic to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In my opinion ("opinion" being the key phrase here
)

This looks EXTREMELY real, your eyes (as best as they can do) tell you its solid, there and REAL......

BUT......

I fear that it is a REAL hoax. Although it bares almost 100% resemblence to the supposed military craft of the same design, which used super heated mercury coils, and was supposed to look JUST like that...

....However, It looks kinda "inflated", especially in the first and last pic.

I know that here in the UK, they did a documentary, of which i have seen twice, where they tried to do the greatest UFO hoax.... the kind where you CAN'T deny what you saw.

It your classic saucer shape, had tiny fans on it, and they flew it over a town for about a mile.

Of course, it fooled everyone that saw it.

This too me looks like an AMAZING version of that. They had ALL KINDS of weight issues on the Doc I saw, they had to do away with blinking lights et cetera. So how they could have made it look like they did if this IS a hoax, is anyones guess..........

......but hey, lots of time and lots of money, anything is possible right?

I shall scour the web to see if i can find other pics. I personally have seen 2-3 seporate pics with this EXACT craft shown....both taken at night....and ALWAYS flying low....NEVER more than 100ft high (approx.)......that in itself is suspect, concidering most ufo pics are of "higher" altitudes.

Congrates on yer own forum Ritzman, I followed the whole O'HARE UFO thread, EXELLENT work my man, and a sure god send to ATS

I shall look for those other pics and more info on the supposed "military" connection to this "design" of craft.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Ok, fairly difficult to find by its self........I WILL FIND THEM!!!!

But for now, I've found this, and you'll have to settle for directions

Ok..... look at the MIDDLE of the picture....se the CIRCULAR ORANGE BLOB?

there is FOUR of those craft together, just under the orange blob.....theres also one DIAGNALLY BOTTOM LEFT from those four.

I would like to find the origionals of these, if only to match up the similarities between each craft....

Ill keep searching...but for now.....heres the "montage".

Dont think i can embed the pic so ill inclued the link....

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]WHY DOSNT THIS WORK!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...

STILL looking for a DECENT pic(s).......

So far, i have found this site...(bit poor really)..... this has four pics of the same craft, starting from the second row down.

The second pic in the four on this site is quite interesting, because of the light reflection/glare off the floor....

But again, proberbly fairly easy to say that its solid, silghtly harder to say REAL, in the sense of a REAL UFO, alien or other wise....

Ill keep looking

Woops, forget to add the link.

Similar craft, from second line down

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok......

I have FINALLY found some images of similar, if not, exactly the same design.

Im gonna embed just 1 pic to start with.... if that works, ill then edit post to include the others.

Cool it worked..... here are the others.....

I dont suppose those origionals you posted were by "Ed Walters" were they? He seems to have taken a FEW pics of this object...hmmMmm.

And HERES that one with the light glare on the ground, although, the object looks almost see through.

If i find others....and i KNOW theres more, ill post em.

EDITED to add..... all those pics are found on this web site, on the SECOND page

THIS SITE

HEY......i look to hours later, and all my pics have gone

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
ED WALTERS seems to be a little bit blessed when it comes to photographing wierd objects.....

Hers another little gem from his collection....

And this is what you get when you run his name through google image search..

Google Image search....ED WALTERS

Interesting stuff....

Ill leave it at that for now, give you a chance to reply, otherwise this thread'll be 10 pages long and you wont want to read it

Peace my man

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
AoN- I havent seen that last one in years. Just to kind of put that one in perspective: I've held that series of photographs in my hands (the originals) and that jet/ufo shot...the UFO and jet are about the size of a pin head. There's I believe 3 others from that series and another set showing that craft sucking up water off the sound across from Walter's place. Again, the craft size on the 5X7 photo is about the size of a pin head.

Theyre extremely compelling shots, Walters I more or less have issues with though.

You mention the Walters craft and the one I originally posted being a military craft? Is there somewhere I can read more about that as I've heard it alluded to but never saw any data to back it up.

Thanx,
J

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hmmm....

Well at the moment im TRYING to see (as i am pretty sure) if it was on a documentary called "Nick Cook - UFOs The secret evidence".....

Im trying to load it on google vids, i remember it well so i should be able to navigate it fairly quickly and let you know at what point on the doc' its discussed.

Unfortunatley, im having "ISSUES" with my interenet provider at the moment.....for a 2 meg line, im feeling the speed is around 500 Kbs, which is bloody useless.

But fear not, ill shall have the info either tonight (its 18:12pm where i am at the time of writting this) or tommorow.

I actually have it on DVD somewhere, Downloaded a year ago, so ill deffinately have it soon.

Im not sure if you are familiar with Nick Cook, he is an journalist/investigator who likes to get to the bottom of things with an open yet skeptical mind. The info on the Doc you can be assured, was researched well

Speek to yer soon

PS, if youve got free time and havent seen the documentary, its not a bad watch, and i believe the bit im thinking of would be around the 3rd to 4th part.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hi Jeff. Yes I noticed the similarity between the pics on UFOevidence.org and Ed Walters ' material. Think I mentioned it on a thread here on ATS a couple of years ago and remarked howcome these pics exist while Walters was vilified as a fraud by many people. Besides, Walters had some stunning camcorder footage next to his polaroid photo's but that didn't seem to matter in the witchhunt for Ed Walters.

What to make of the Canaima pics? Naturally the photo's would need to be examined by experts. Still, the erie similarity between these pics and Ed Walters' is something to write down using a big marker. Did someone intentionally want to connect these pics to the Gulf Breeze sightings, meaning someone made an identical model for one purpose or another, or what I personally find intriquing, are both series of pictures in fact genuine?

If the Canaima pics are made by using a model then I wonder how the orange glow on the bottom section is accomplished. Even for a model it would take some doing I imagine.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism

It seems likely that this is just a very well timed photo of a jet breaking the sound barrier.

A photograph of the sound barrier being broken by a US Navy Jet as it crosses the Pacific Ocean at the speed of sound just 75 feet above the ocean. Condensation of water is caused by the rapid expansion and consequent adiabatic cooling of air parcels induced by the shock (expansion/compression) waves caused by the plane outrunning the sound waves in front of it. Shot by John Gay from the top of an aircraft carrier. The photo won First Prize in the science and technology division of the World Press Photo 2000 contest.

As for the other photo's, digital analysis probably won't solve them. It's most likely a model cleverly suspended from the tree branches - or a structure above the trees that's out of camera shot. It looks a lot like a ceiling fan without the blades...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well one thing I can tell ya is thats not a sound barrier breakshot in regard to the Gulf Breeze shot. Thats from a series of shots, and the object is there long before the jet reaches it. The shot with the jet in front of it is only the most circulated. As I said I had the originals in my hands...definitely not sound barrier effects.

As for the others in the first post, a model is a definite possibility. Especially since...well before I blow it...what do you guys think about how clear the UO is and how clear the branches are?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I see it now, especially in the second photo the leaves are severely out of focus compared to the object.

So... double exposure?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've seen the exact photos before I think.

There's the same style object photographed by different people that can be seen in the book "Ufos are Real Here's the Proof" by Bruce Maccabee and Ed Walters.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yup. like Ed Walters or not, the set of photos are pretty interesting, especially considering when they were shot.

He also captured (as did some others in the area) the silver spheres...some of which shot off with zero acceleration...they literally just shot off like out of a gun, from a complete standstill.

These pics here, if I had to hazard a guess with what we have, it could well be a sizable model. What suprises me is the luminosity of the rings even in daylight.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well at the moment im TRYING to see (as i am pretty sure) if it was on a documentary called "Nick Cook - UFOs The secret evidence".....

Are you talking about the "Project Silver Bug" part of that doc...great documentary by the way, love that one, anyhoo, if that's what you're talking about well here ya go...hey whadya know tinwiki:

tinwiki.org...

Is there nothing atsers can't do?

As for the photos They are pretty and do look like the craft from the ed walters photos but as stated before ed walters is suspect.

Much like billy meier there was talk of someone finding a model of one of ed's saucers so who knows.

Jritzman could answer this better than I but with the craft behind the branches it seems like an attempt at false perspective.

The craft doesn't seem too far from the tree so how big could it be...or am I just having a hard time judging distance.

It looks much smaller than the ed walters saucers, but again it could be my eyes more than anything.

I knew a kid in high school that used to make his own rc craft with mylar...he was a big brain type o'kid and made everything from blimps to bi-planes with mylar and that was in the early/mid eighties.

Not that one has anything to do with the other but I would say you have to rule out all possibility of hoaxing...which unfortunately in this day and age is incredibly tough to do.

Just my two cents.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very interesting photo, but the more I look at it (one's in OP), the upper portion reminds me of a torque converter, found in automatic transmissions.

I can't say whether it's real or not but thought I'd throw that thought into the ring.

Here's a couple of converter images to show you what I mean.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The photos jritzmann posted are AirBaloons, imo. I know it is a typical explanation, and mostly wrong. But I am seeing almost flames under this "craft". This craft is too bold to be a spacecraft.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Um about Ed Walters

Not sure what to make of it but I thought I'd add that to the conversation.
~ Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renshin
Um about Ed Walters

Not sure what to make of it but I thought I'd add that to the conversation.
~ Cheers

Renshin,
Yup, I know all about that. There's more then several issues about the supposed "model" found, which anyone can read about on the net.

I'll say this about the original Gulf Breeze photos, from the book "The Gulf Breeze Sightings": I held the original photos in my hands, and they look nothing like what one would expect. For instance, the road shot (probably the most famous of all Ed took) there is no UFO to be seen. What you see is a small orange elipse maybe the size of a pin head. Thats it. Only after processes were run on the Polaroids (such as emulsion examinations and subsequent emulsion leveling where a scope can look into the emulsion and extract visual data which was then in turn light blasted.) was the craft structure even visible. You see none of that in the originals. I mean none.

So, if theyre faked, they sucked. And I dont see anyone faking crappy looking non-descript photos with models that are only detectable in the photo with high end imaging equipment....much less going public with them.

There is always the chance. I never had the oportunity to examine the photos in any in depth capacity, but I remember being shocked at how lousy they really were and what they showed in hand before any enlargement and light blasting were done.

I also saw footage Walters shot many years ago long before the advent of any CG stuff, that showed an object that for all intent and purpose was completely "alien" to anything we've seen. It moved with such ridiculous speed when it left the frame of the video (from standing still to full speed at NO acelleration) that the actual speed calculated was if I recall right, was 6K mph approximately. It was truly absurd.

Ed was, also not the only person to video that object. To this day, to the best of my awareness the public has never seen this footage.

new topics

top topics

join