It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Alleged Iranian Mortal shell photo from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This strikes me as odd. First of all, wouldn't the serial number be in Iranian? Wouldn't it be funny if we knew this mortar shell because just like the chemical weapons in Iraq we sold to Saddam, we also have the receipts for these mortar shells. I was listening to this on a talkradio show and I found it interesting.

Ask yourself,would it be in english? Unless............

I just heard on the radio that a 82 mm is used by Soviets. Who uses a 81?

Is this a serious red flag we are looking at? Because if it is I have to say this is really the dumbest con I have seen.

Anyone good at tracking serials? Get ta cracking

[edit on 14-2-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's a blog that discusses this:

www.boomantribune.com...

Are these people on to something as simple as this?

Holla Back.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Check what it says on whatreallyhappend.com

This web page is being waved around to "prove" that Iran does make 81mm mortar rounds like the one the US Government is trying to use to justify an invasion of Iran.

Take a good look at the soldiers and weapons at the very top of the page. They look Iranian to you? And why does an Iranian company put together a web page where their own country is obscured from view on that world map?

Check the spelling on the tabs. "Miscellancous"? "Caliber" uses the American spelling, rather than "Calibre." And Tehran is spelled "Tahran" on the contact page. This web page was assembled in a rush.

Take a look at the page source in your browser. The images and directories on the server are all in ENGLISH.

The phone numbers on the contact page are all 7 digit numbers. But in July of 2005, Iran switched over to an 8-digit phone system.

And finally, the traceroute traces the IP not to a business, but to a university!

join