It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gettysburg Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
13 ghosts will appear, some of them in the form of orbs. Whether or not they're seperate entities is obviously unknown. But they are semi-transparent figures that appear hunched over and sneak in and out of the trees.

A little background:
This is being videotaped at the Gettysburg battlefield in Pennsylvania. Over 51,000 Americans lost their lives here and this area is considered one of the very most haunted places in all of America. The hauntings here are not malicious at all, residual hauntings that repeat their marches over and over for all of eternity. The spirits appear to be marching up hills and a majority of them are marching to the left.
Some orbs appear to be coming out of the ground as well, like spirits rising?

To me, this is the most convincing "ghost video" I've ever seen.

Your thoughts? Can it be debunked or is it authentic?

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!

Note: I suggest you watch it a couple times because you will probably have missed something upon viewing it only once.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
First let me point out I am very new to looking at videos such as this, and have no credibility in my opinions, with that said, here is what I saw.

9 sec- An orb shows on the right side of the screen.
17 sec- Orb in the middle right of the screen and shortly after a figure is seen in the middle, walking from right to left.
25 sec- A figure is seen walking left to right.
33 sec- A figure is again seen walking from right to left.
36 sec- Again a figure is seen walking from right to left.
40 sec- A figure is again seen walking from left to right.

Here's my problem with this video, and again I tell you these are just my opinions and usually I'm wrong. The thing that seems odd about this video is that the figure in this video that appera at 17 seconds, 33 seconds, and 36 seconds always appear in the same spot and are viewable for the same amount of time. I know Paresthesia stated that these beings are there to march the same path over and over for eternity, but it seems odd that this person found two beings, that walk short enough paths to stay within the camera view the entire time. Just my thoughts.

Paresthesia, I am also looking for a video from the History Channel on the Ghosts of Gettysburg for you, I think you may be very interested in it, as I was when I first watched it on TV. Let me do some digging and I hope to provide you a link very soon.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by BehindTheLight]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My husband and I have done ghost hunting at Gettysburg many times. We have had fantastic luck with orbs and shadowpeople. We don't live very far away and so we can get there often.

Best place to see a shadowperson -- the hill with the pine trees near the high school. EVERY time we have been there we have seen 'him'. It's best to go there after all the ghost tours go through. Plenty of orbs there too!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Best place to see a shadowperson -- the hill with the pine trees near the high school. EVERY time we have been there we have seen 'him'. It's best to go there after all the ghost tours go through. Plenty of orbs there too!

FF,
Are you referring to the old high school? (in town) There is no "hill with pines" at or near the current high school. (out of town).

The entire area surrounding the original school "complex" (i.e. Culp's Hill, Spangler's Spring, etc) is said to be rife with various accounts of paranormal activity.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Here's my problem with this video, and again I tell you these are just my opinions and usually I'm wrong. The thing that seems odd about this video is that the figure in this video that appera at 17 seconds, 33 seconds, and 36 seconds always appear in the same spot and are viewable for the same amount of time.

After I watched the video a couple times, I'd noticed the same thing. Which made me think perhaps those seconds of film were replayed or edited. But then again, these ghosts are soldiers marching in an orderly fashion. Why shouldn't they be very systematic and precise?

Don't go doubting yourself about being "new" or your opinions not being "credible". Nothing is certain and nothing is stupid when you're talking about this sort of stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Cool, I have my own story about Gettysburg but it is a different subject. Totally ghoshtly! If it is a fake then oh well, I will never know. That would be creeply and fun to walk around there at dark. One day I will.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Please tell corvuscorax18. :allears:

I'm from Gettysburg. A bit of a skeptic mind you, but I'm willing to hear another tell their tale! ... no matter How ghostly.

Share?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ther is constant motion in this clip, it is far more than a few instances.

this in itself means nothing, I just wanted to point out there are a lot more than a few images moving.

I have no idea if its real, but it was cool, thanks for posting !

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Excellent post, Para! I actually got goose bumps watching that video and those figures go up the hill. If its a fake; it sure got to me!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67
Excellent post, Para! I actually got goose bumps watching that video and those figures go up the hill. If its a fake; it sure got to me!

Thank you. I got the same effect. I like this video because it hasn't been circulating the web like those other viral videos that are mostly fake. Another reason why I trust it a bit more.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. That is a great video. I watched it alot.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
saw a few things.

ive never heard of the ghost of gettysberg but then i am english ( well thats my excuse
)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a residual haunt or whatever there called. Where it is just on like repeat? Very cool video the thing that makes it most believable to me is the fact that the old dude just cant seam to see anything the first couple times. Maybe its just me, but he seamed to just be confused on what he thought he was seeing. Talking about up in the trees and what not.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
I wonder if this is a residual haunt or whatever there called.

I looked through the comments again and a lot of people agree that it is a residual haunting:

"this is a residual haunting" - dwd1968
"It looks to me to be a residual haunting. I case you all dont know what that is it is like a record player that skips and plays the same thing over and over. The entities don't know who or where they are they don't know that they are dead." - koolkeid
"This is a prime example of a residual haunting but causght on tape! And yes if you play from frame 00:22 you can see the formation of a soldier who looks like the is being hit by a bullet impact. Ppl in the woods no you see the figures floating up where the trees are if you tried to do that as a human you wouldnt produce the effect of walking youd be climbing up a tree...and falling on ur ass." - JulseyBaby
"This is a "residual haunting." You're seeing "energy memory" left behind from those who died and have passed on. Not ghosts but "energy of their memories." Most common type of haunting. I tried to send you a website but it won't send. Have any questions? I'm here. Will explain all. Angel" -AngelCareOne

However, after reading through some of the comments, I think the "orbs" floating out of the grass have been debunked. Fireflies!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i believe ghosts, or what we call ghosts are real. but let me tell you, i don't think this video showed anything of the sort. first off....the orbs, they were obviously bugs, that was bioluminescence not orb activity. you've never seen fireflies before? cause i'm 99.9999% sure thats what the "orbs" were
secondly, it's strange don't you think that all the "ghosts" are gray with no real shape to them and they all are behind the treeline? why did none walk past the open area in front of the camera? thirdly, this video was posted in the how to and do it yourself section. there are plenty of other sections in youtube that would be better for posting ghost videos and other things of the paranormal.
frankly though i do believe ghosts exist i think this video is a fake, and a terrible one at that.

edit to add: also about them all following a similar route because it being a residual, well that's all well and good, but as you can plainly see there is little variation between the size and shape of the "ghosts" and they frequently pass the exact same paths within seconds. i'm hard pressed to find anything that would not be immediately debunked by some random skeptic. if we want subjects like ghosts,other paranormal activity,ufos,crypto stuff to be taken seriously we need to scrutinize videos like this as if we were the very skeptics we are trying to convince of our belief that they are real, because the vast majority of people only need to hear one skeptic say " it's totally fake" and ramble off reasons why for their brains to shut down and say, yeah it's fake i guess some guy said so. that's why even though i beileve in ghosts i take a hard look at vids like this. and from what i've seen of this video, it's faked majorly. which sucks

[edit on 7-3-2007 by optimus primal]

new topics

top topics

join