It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on propaganda on the net.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Someone needs to see that with the war on terror already going on the war on the internet is also taking place. Although this may be a misleading topic title the United States government is trying to produce pro-US propaganda out on the internet to cool it down. However, the US is facing diplomatic pressure from the internet to abandon Israel and go to war with the Iranians even though their country has agreed to aid us in the war in Iraq.

It's the UN that wants to go to war with Iran, not us. Alas, we are not going to war with Iran the last time I checked. Just because Iran feels that they should "wipe Israel and the USA off the map" doesn't mean they will, besides, Russia wanted to wipe us off the map in the cold war and they had much propaganda back then as well. This is just propaganda to get us into another war, besides, the Iran in Iraq is different from Iran in Iran, they are not going to declare war on us because we flat out told them that we aren't going to declare war on them. Specifically, now we only detain Iranian diplomats, we don't attack Iranians in Iran, and we won't.

The lies about Iran have to stop. This is called false journalism and they need to stop putting out false news on the net so people can actually understand what they are saying about the government because they're just flat out lying when they say that we have emboldened Iran. That's really stupid. They are no threat immediate threat to us IMHO.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Blaming the UN for your decisions is like a vantreliquist pointing to his puppet and saying "he told me to do it."

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Dude, the UN is a super power, we really have no choice. One of the UN guys lied to us about Saddam's weapons of mass destruction. So it wasn't really our fault for that.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Just because Iran feels that they should "wipe Israel and the USA off the map" doesn't mean they will,

This quote is a perfect example of propaganda, Iran never even said this but I would imagine over 90% of US citizens believe the quote to be true. All because they are told it is true through the media.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That's exactly what I am saying, just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. Also, this is only propaganda. I said that in my first topic post. They aren't going to get us into wars by just saying random nonsense, I could say that other countries are going to attack us because they have nuclear weapons and I bet if it was on an "official" news source they would believe it... once you hear something so much people believe it to be true.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Dude, the UN is a super power

how I wish they really were...then Israel could be forced to comply with all the resolutions that have for decades been blatantly ignored

new topics

top topics

join