It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Arab Public High to Open in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"Opening" this September in the "Big Apple" will be the first taxpayer funded Arab school. Enrollment from 500-600 sixth though twelfth graders will attend the school in which all classes will focus on Arab culture.

U.S. Opens First Arabic Public High School
The nation’s first public school with a curriculum mostly dedicated to Arabic language and culture will open next fall in New York and American taxpayers will finance it.

City To Open Arabic Public School In Brooklyn
Education officials say that although half the classes at the school will be taught in Arabic, they want to enroll a diverse student body.

My taxes funding this, I am speechless....

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I for one am appaled at this. If there was a school dedicated to white people it would spark public outcry. I believe that each has their right to their own culture, way of life, and beliefs, but this is going too far. I think as Americans, our schools should speak ENGLISH, our history classes should teach AMERICAN history, and while other classes may be offered, they should be totally optional and not part of an American curriculum. I would be furious to see my tax dollars being spend to fund an arab school, or any school for that matter that only caters to one specific culture group.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
WTF...Who are they trying to impress.The arabs already hate us its not like they are going to say, Oh well they do have an Arabic school in NYC, maybe we should blow up Canada. The truely sickening thing is its tax payers making the school.

Where is the Scientology school, Tom Cruise elementary.

I'm glad I don't live in NY, I would be

PS If any city has earned the right for this not to happen to them its New York City..:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bng hd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Royal76]

join