It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


AK47 Burst

page: 1

log in


posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
Where can one get a 3 Burst conversion for an AK47 (Romanian)?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:51 PM
Where do you live. It's not legal to convert semi autos to burst/full auto in the USA.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:01 PM
I live in Kentucky, USA. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
Converting an AK-47 to full auto or burst requires a receiver that is drilled to hold an auto-sear. Possessing one of these receivers inside the USA means you have passed a background check performed by the FBI and payed 200$ for a tax stamp. The receivers themselves are rare and must have been built before 1986 to be privately owned. If the above conditions are not met then it a trip to 'club fed' for you.

Full auto and 3 round burst aren't that useful outside their 'coolness' factor. If you want to do it legally get a GAT trigger or learn to bump-fire.

GAT trigger review

Bump fire videoRemember, that is a SEMI_AUTO rifle doing that. It's just technique.

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
i remember seeing an easy way on the net to convert the 47 to full auto))
ill post the link if i can find it

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
Of course it can be done illegally with just a quick links on the internet. DON"T DO IT. automatic gunfire is a very unique sound and people WILL call the police. Police usually aren't to friendly when responding to 'machine gun' calls. The ONLY way you can build one yourself legally is below. The BATF DOES NOT joke around about these rules. You WILL go to prison if you don't follow them.

Its quite simple first you
buy a regular ak47 semi auto. then you pay your 200 dollar
tax to own an full auto, pass a background check and wait for the paperwork(up to 6 months). once that done the ak47 is considered
full auto, then you do the conversion, dont screw up you will
mess up a perfectly good gun, and you have to pay again to do it to another gun. Then, because its not a pre 86' gun,
you will never be able to get rid of the gun without first cutting
the reciever in half. cant even pass it down the family line, and
oh yeah heres the fun part. the ATF has the right to search your
house for the gun any time they want regardless of whether you
are home or not. you cant go more than 50 miles away without
storing gun with class III dealer and if you dont have the
registered gun ready for inspection I.E. not at yer house then
you go bye bye prison time. YOU see while it is hard to legally
own a full auto it can be done, the government has to leave ways
to legally own all types of firearms because it would go against
the constitution not to. they just make it so much of a hassle
that you do not want to own the gun. short barreled shotguns
are only like a 5 dollar tax fee, and silencers are like a
200 dollar tax fee i think. remember to do the registration thing
"before" you acquire the firearm and you may have to have a
class III dealer do the modification for you, because there
is also a special license for manufacturing guns
never quote us people, get the forms and information from the atf
and start filling out paperwork and sending some cash

Found no another website posted anonymously. I fixed the monetary mistakes.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
Don't mess around with this! Unless you have the ability to secure a federal class B license which will require an FBI background check and a tax stamp, I wouldn't bother. Like he stated, an automatic weapon sounds nothing like any other firearm and is distinctive from up to a half mile away! It is a police magnet.

Furthermore, due to heightened security and the evolving police state in the US you could be charged under the Patriot Act which would see you go bye-bye for a very long time. Club Fed is no place for freedom lovers.

Take our advice, bag the auto weapon idea!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:06 AM
If you have the proper license and a backround check hypothetically where would be the best place to get detailed instructions on how to fully convert a AK?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
First Tiloke that external source isn't exactly hmm... accurate...

Now to the thread and some posters.

These questions seem a bit suspicious imho, As an AK collector I'm a bit weary when ppl ask "Hypothetical" questions regarding full auto conversions, Because if they knew anything about guns in general they wouldn't be asking these "hypothetical" questions in the first place which means said ppl are most likely up to no good.

Can newly manufactured Full autos be made by civilians? Yes assuming you are a wealthy sob and have a squeaky clean record and are willing to let the feds legally invade your privacy on a routine basis.

Can semi auto AK be converted as easily as some people make it out to be? Not by a long shot, So don't try.

Now As an AK collector and a Supporter of our Second Amendment rights ( If your an American Citizen) Ill tell you this, My and every other gun owners rights to own said Semi automatic copies of the AK hangs on a very thin thread, If anyone ever threatens said rights by giving Anti gun Representatives ammo against us law abiding gun owners, Club fed is the least of your worries.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by C0le]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:08 PM
I know it would be cool to convert it and all, but IMO it really isn't worth the hassle and all the records you end up creating with the fed.

I have a semi auto AK, and I can pull the trigger pretty damn fast.

Besides I cannot even see the point in a full auto AK, accuracy would become rediculous. It's one thing to have a full auto AK when part of a larger fighting force I suppose, but otherwise it's just stupid.
If it comes down to you being part of a larger fighting force with your AK, then I think going to club fed for a full auto AK is the least of your worries, and feel free to mod away.

If not, and you just want a full auto rifle, I would look into something with less recoil.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:11 PM
Discussion of illegal activity is not allowed on ATS. For this reason....


new topics

top topics


log in