It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who will be first...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
to provide evidence of life on other planets?

will it be the earth based space agencies such as nasa/esa using astronomy or will it come from someone with a good clear picture/video of an alien ufo?

the modern ufo (flying saucer) has been with us since the 1940s, 60 years later and we still have nothing in the way of concrete evidence. In fact most turn out to be hoaxes or known objects.

here is a very possible timeline for astronomers.

end of 2007- cnes telescope COROT finds 20 planets (expected result) in the habitable zone around dimmer stars than our sun

end of 2012- Kepler telescope searches 100,00 stars and finds 50 earth size planets in the habitable zone around stars like our sun,(nasas expected result)

2016- ESA/Nasa joint mission darwin telescope confirms 5 of those 50 planets have atmospheres very much like earth- giving first indirect evidence of life on other planets. Darwin may also provide direct evidence by detecting "biomarkers" in the atmosphere.

Will we get some solid evidence from the ufo field before 2016? only 9 more years and if the last 60 are anything to go by I think the astronomers are going to win.

kepler.nasa.gov...
smsc.cnes.fr...
sci.esa.int...

[edit on 14-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We need to check up on EUROPA!!!! They know there is water there stop messing around NASA...get your little instruments to this moon and let work be done...It has the atmosphere and land qualities to permit life!!!..

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
keplers Commissioning is around your election time. so will it get much coverage.

it would be nice to see other planets ike earth, but whether that will be proof, time will only tell.

remember to remind us at about the time of your elections

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
atmax, yeah its ashame the latest europa mission got cancelled. But to truly find evidence we need a probe to melt through maybe 10KM of ice before hitting the water.We dont have proven tech for that yet :/

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think John Lear's done a pretty good job at this point...

Even Zecharia Sitchen has got photos of some interesting stuff on Mars. Go to his main page. Then scroll down. Save that picture. Enlarge it about 4 times.

Search the lower left hand corner area. See that pattern in the sand? And the piece of machinery... rusted... with some type of electrical cord and plug on it?

but that's not evidence of life there...

right?

*evilgrin*

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
southpaw, theres nothing in those pictures except natural features. sorry to dissapoint you

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ah yes life. i think that nasa's predictions are close to correct on the possibility for earth like planets, especially in a closer orbit around a dimmer sun. this just feels right for me somehow.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
southpaw, theres nothing in those pictures except natural features. sorry to dissapoint you

absolutely not.

I really am going to sound like the dummy... but I really have NO idea how to put a photo in here... I can show you.

How do I post a pic?

LOL... if you look out into the field... there's also structure... if you look on the horizon there's additional structure.

Geometry.

THE RULES OF THE RIFLEMAN
There are no straight lines in nature
There are no sounds of metal on metal in nature

Applied. I'd like to show you.

SPstandingby

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
im hoping nasa are being conservative on their numbers , we may find double that amount- then again we may find none, what a bummer that would be :/

theres a wide range of opinion on how common earth type planets are, some say they are extremely rare theres a good discussion from all points of view here www.space.com...

south paw just click on the pic copy & paste the url in ur post, then i know which one your talking about.
www.sitchin.com...

[edit on 14-2-2007 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

join