It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you think this could be true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
do you ever think that someone at the nsa or something has given out information that is real but is so weird that nobody would believe it on the alien issue. and these people at the nsa, would be pissing themselves laughing that the public would not accept the info as truth because it is so out there, and beyond our minds to rationalise.
everyone says that no one could handle the real truth. but say if we already have had some truths given to us by someone like from the nsa, and absolutely no one believed him or her, because of the fear in ufology.

do you think this scenario is true, and do you think anything like this ever happened. because ufology is so cluded no one would know, and people dismiss the info staright away without given it a second thought.

so to keep it short, do you think the nsa or others have ever did this, and they have seen the reaction of the public to just not accept this info because it was so far fetched to the general public.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Back in /63 give or take 10 mayhaps public opinion was anyone seeing ufos are nuts. In 73 it was almost about the same. Then came Henry Winker's Sightings, Cattle Mutilations and some other stuff.

Everything hidden seemed to start falling apart from there.. except the technology - it still seems to be a very privately held public-conjecture, held tight within governments.

But I feel it's not anywhere near startling as it was before that, now.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The truth is all mixed in with non-truths. I think you have to be an experiencer to see how they play the game.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
short answer: probably.

longer answer: It is quite conceivable that there is an element of Government that is on a disinfo campaign regarding alien life. Tell a few truths, mixed in with a few blatant lies.

The believers do a little research... Find that the "truths" are verifiable, and conclude that the entire story "true" based only on what was verifiable. If that happens then the disinfo campaign was successful.

If you think about it the best way to hide a lie, is between two truths.

I might also add, that this applies to any alledged gov't conspiracy.

just my two cents worth.

[edit on 2/14/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
do you ever think that someone at the nsa or something has given out information that is real but is so weird that nobody would believe it on the alien issue.

andy1033,

I think it is entirely possible. I honestly believe that the NSA or whatever other gov't agency you want to add in here has technology that the general public could not even begin to grasp. I think it could and probably is released via sci-fi or whatever other means. To be short and concise, it's probably right in front of our faces and we can't understand or wrap our brains around it.

Just my opinion, peace...Mondo

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

Originally posted by andy1033
do you ever think that someone at the nsa or something has given out information that is real but is so weird that nobody would believe it on the alien issue.

andy1033,

I think it is entirely possible. I honestly believe that the NSA or whatever other gov't agency you want to add in here has technology that the general public could not even begin to grasp. I think it could and probably is released via sci-fi or whatever other means. To be short and concise, it's probably right in front of our faces and we can't understand or wrap our brains around it.

Just my opinion, peace...Mondo

There are always more possibilities than we count, let alone investigate. So, we have to follow the evidence.

Ask yourself:

1. Is this hypothesis testable?
  2. Given 1, how does the available evidence support or undermine the hypothesis?
  3. Given that 2 is insufficient, what do we do to find the evidence we need to test the hypothesis?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
Ask yourself:

1. Is this hypothesis testable?
  2. Given 1, how does the available evidence support or undermine the hypothesis?
  3. Given that 2 is insufficient, what do we do to find the evidence we need to test the hypothesis?

Hey you know what, that's a great point disownedsky,

Of course it is not testable, therefore 2 does not apply, then 3 becomes the question!?
This is where the paradox comes in right?

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh,I think the truth is so bizarre that no one would ever believe it if they heard it. I believe this not only about the subject of UFOs but about reality itself.

new topics

top topics

join