It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Al Qaeda In Japan

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Two explosions near a U.S. military base in Zama, Kanagawa Prefecture, could be the first attempt by the al-Qaida network to launch an attack in Japan.
 



search.japantimes.co.jp
ABC News said intelligence reports in Japan and Pakistan suggest al-Qaida has established "a small but powerful presence" in Japan, leading "some wondering whether or not today's events are the first attempt at an attack by al-Qaida in Japan."

These networks were set up following the direct orders of Khalid Sheik Mohammad, the top al-Qaida leader now in U.S. custody at Guantanamo Bay, who had a "deep interest" in conducting operations inside Japan, it said, quoting a Pakistani intelligence source.

The source also said around two dozen Pakistanis had been sent to Japan on student visas in the late 1990s to set up "sleeper cells" and they had linked with operatives from the leading Indonesian terrorist group, Jemaah Islamiyah, according to ABC News.


Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


There has been talk about this for weeks. Japanese citizens are worried about terrorism taking hold. Nearly the same thing happened in 2002 there was a mortaar attack on the same base.

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.cnbc.com
blogs.abcnews.com
news.netscape.com

[edit on 14-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]




posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The news hasnt seen much coverage in the United States from what I can see, but the news is very big over here in Japan. I really hope that Al Qaeda does not establish a foothold in Japan.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Flyersfan had something interesting to say on the subject in this thread.

Explosion heard near US base South of Tokyo

It may shed some light on the speculation.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Flyersfan had something interesting to say on the subject in this thread.

Explosion heard near US base South of Tokyo

It may shed some light on the speculation.


Thank you for the interesting link, the only other explosion I had heard about was the 2002 explosion.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
I really hope that Al Qaeda does not establish a foothold in Japan.


It sounds like al qaeda probably already does haved a hold in Japan. I dont know how the police work in Japan but I have a feeling the citizens won't let it happen if it can be helped. If the cells are found and it makes news that might be part of the anser.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How could Al Qaeda operate in Japan? I think they would stick out like a sore thumb. Do you remember what Tom Green looked like in Japan?

However, if they're recruiting and training the Japanese that could be troubling. I really don't see it becoming a major problem for Japan, but I do welcome Japan's participation in the effort to root out terrorists. That's all Al Qaeda needs, another sophisticated and forward thinking country trying to wipe them out. If I were them, I'd try to fight one battle at a time.

Maybe they can get those Sony Robots to take them out... ya know, they can walk up stairs and synchronize dance now.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by radio_radio]



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Recruting local people is part of the tactict of Islamist terror tactict.
I don't know how sucessfull that part has been in Japan but if you have any belief in Karm there will always be a few they can get.

That is exsplained some hear.



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
It sounds like al qaeda probably already does haved a hold in Japan.


They might, BUT these bomb blasts are NOT part of Muslim terrorism.

They have been going on for decades. They are 'polite terrorists'. They are only called terrorists by the equally polite general Japanese public. Their rockets and bombs are LAME. Seriously lame. The rocket launchers are usually not much bigger than an Estes model rocket kit and the 'terrorists' usually make statement that they could have injured people and/or property but didn't because they just want attention to _____ (fill in with their 'cause' of the day).

REAL terrorists, would be sure to hit when/where the most people would die and when/where they could do the most damage.

These aren't real terrorists and there is no news story here.

Edited to add - official USRJ status at Camp Zama (my old unit) - NORMAL.
www.usarj.army.mil...



[edit on 2/15/2007 by FlyersFan]



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They have been going on for decades. They are 'polite terrorists'. They are only called terrorists by the equally polite general Japanese public. Their rockets and bombs are LAME. Seriously lame. The rocket launchers are usually not much bigger than an Estes model rocket kit and the 'terrorists' usually make statement that they could have injured people and/or property but didn't because they just want attention to _____ (fill in with their 'cause' of the day).

REAL terrorists, would be sure to hit when/where the most people would die and when/where they could do the most damage.

These aren't real terrorists and there is no news story here.

Edited to add - official USRJ status at Camp Zama (my old unit) - NORMAL.
www.usarj.army.mil...


After doing a lot of checking I am afraid that I have to agree with you about this. It seems that a lot of "polite" terrorist icidents happen around that base.



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Al-Japeda?!

Did the CIA make these guys too ?




top topics



 
6

log in

join