It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Waldo?... Ummm, I mean al-Sadr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Is the fire getting too hot for Moqtada al-Sadr? or is he just being a little more cautious then his earlier predecessors.

With the expected surge of coalition forces heading for Iraq, is al-Sadr thinking ahead of a possible midnight raid, or perhaps a patented 'direct hit missile.

Where in the world is Moqtada al-Sadr? He hasn't been seen in public in several weeks, and he has not kept up his usual practice of leading Friday prayers at the Great Mosque in Kufa. Now U.S. officials are claiming the firebrand anti-American cleric fled to Iran two or three weeks ago, along with several commanders of his dreaded Mahdi Army militia

Where in the world is Moqtada al-Sadr

If, as they presume, he has fled to Iran for safety from a possible military strike directed at him, could this possibly give the USA another reason to go after Iran?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
www.iraq-war.ru...

Sadr bloc denies he's fled to Iran

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Aides to radical Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr have denied reported allegations by US intelligence officials that the Shiite leader has fled to Iran.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sadar is a punk. A few years ago during the Fight at Najaf where coalition troops routed his militia that was hiding in a shrine he took off fearing for his life. This is just more of the same. Big talker little courage.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm quite sure, actually I'm positive.

If al-Sadr has fled for his life.... he's not going to tell his people that.

Now, come on!

His aides are saying exactly what they have been instructed to say.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.abcnews.go.com...

"According to senior military officials, al Sadr left Baghdad two to three weeks ago and fled to Tehran, Iran, where he has family.

Al Sadr commands the Mahdi army, one of the most formidable insurgent militias in Iraq, and his move coincides with the announced U.S. troop surge in Baghdad. "

It would appear that he has seen the writing on the wall, and gotten out of Baghdad, despite previous assertions to the contrary.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Sadar is a punk. A few years ago during the Fight at Najaf where coalition troops routed his militia that was hiding in a shrine he took off fearing for his life. This is just more of the same. Big talker little courage.

Oh and you know this ofcource because you were there yeah? Because a big brave guy like you goes to war zones all the time, and doesn't sit at home in his PJ's pointing the finger at people right?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You have to wonder why Moqtada al-Sadr is still alive ?
When it became clear that Moqtada al-Sadr didnt was the cause of some of Iraq's problems he should have been taken out by the coalition.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Oh and you know this of cource because you were there yeah? Because a big brave guy like you goes to war zones all the time, and doesn't sit at home in his PJ's pointing the finger at people right?

I'm thinking he may have read it in the news or seen it in on TV.

That's where most of the information comes from, as you've already displayed many times.

Factual or Fictitious?

It may depend on what YOU want to believe, nothing else.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
^Perhaps because, You CANT kill him.

Creating a martyr would only cause all who support him to rise to the occasion.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I suspect those that are followers of him would conduct their business without needing further motivation. Those not already inclined to violence probably wouldn't be inspired by any notable margin. What that area needs is folks that can figure out how to solve their differences without killing each other.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

^Perhaps because, You CANT kill him.

Creating a martyr would only cause all who support him to rise to the occasion.

Like...............Sadam?

They will fight with or without martyrs, I don't believe it would have any bearing either way.

Just sounds good when telling a story.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
So, if someone is in danger of being killed and flees they are a coward?

When / If the crap hits the fan will our dear leaders remain among us to tough it out or will they take to the nearest bunker or jet off to friendlier environments

Bush has a mountain to hide under, Tony Bliar has a maze of tunnels and a bunker straight down from Downing Street, what's the difference? (apart from a turban, a beard and this particular gentleman not being very well liked by some in the west :lol

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman

Oh and you know this ofcource because you were there yeah? Because a big brave guy like you goes to war zones all the time, and doesn't sit at home in his PJ's pointing the finger at people right?
* emphasis mine

The hypocritical irony of that statement is, well, tooo obvious, transparent, and downright comical.

As for the topic of this discussion, al-Sadr could be in Iran for any number of reasons. Recruiting assistance for "his" forces, seeking financial backing [or otherwise] for "the cause", or perhaps the proverbial kitchen IS just "too hot". Regardless of WHY, I still see this "report/story" as more a propaganda move than anything else ... and a damned good one at that. It certainly leaves the door open for "supposition" by ALL sides. The "fors", the "againsts", the "haves" and "have-nots".

The posts in this thread seem to demonstrate Just that, with each "side" using this "information" to further "substantiate/justify" their position or cause. Nothing like a good "tool".

$.02

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Mr.Sadr is indeed on the run..
I suspect that the media, given the bad publicity it has given the whole Iraq thing, doesn't want people to know this...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
So, if someone is in danger of being killed and flees they are a coward?

I wouldn't label it as being a coward, but it is displaying a persons standing within the people he governs.

He's leaving his people holding the bag.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Still can't find Waldo!

Moqtada al-Sadr seems to be taking an extensive vactation, Seeing all the sights in Iran perhaps?

I haven't seen any mention of him in the news lately, anyone else see anything?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Of course he is running and hiding. He is a punk. Like the rest of his kind,real tough guy killing helpless women children. When it's time to put up,they hide like little girls.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Nope I now this because this is what was reported by the mainstream media as well as middle east outlets such as al jazeera.

Hey who is your iron clad bullet proof source.... waiting waiting waiting yeah I thought so...

top topics

join