It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Uk the worst place for a children to grow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well, if you want to brainwash your child in being a good slave for the NWO, UK is the perfect place, along with the USA. Personnally, I won't go to UK until they wipe out their police state, something that won't happen before a hell lot of a time unless a revolution.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

yeah, but I never said the UK was a bad place to live. I dont like england, I have ran into too many jerks who would like to fight you over your "american accent."

yeah, you get tossers like that. Don't let it put you off, mind.

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I personally would rather live in scotland or some place like that. The scots are generally well mannered people and I enjoy their culture.

Really? Jeebus...

That's not the impression the bloody skirt wearing, sheep innard munching wierdo's give us?

Edinburgh is about the only place in Scotland where they won't crap on you for not being Scottish. having said that, the country itself is beautiful..

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well, if you want to brainwash your child in being a good slave for the NWO, UK is the perfect place, along with the USA. Personnally, I won't go to UK until they wipe out their police state, something that won't happen before a hell lot of a time unless a revolution.

Police State? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Ahem..

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Our police are far from being in any power to enforce a Police State.. They can barely control pissed teenagers....

Why do you say this? Have you ever even been here? Where are you from?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
What roving gangs of children? You make it sound like there are packs of them lurking in the bushes... Your buying into the media hype that cherry pick one example and present it as the norm.

Of course it's not the norm, but it is an issue there.

Seriously, I thought it was all hype myself, that was until I was almost mugged in the middle of the night by a group of children aged 12-16 (mostly white by the way).

It was funny, because they had all the "gangsta" slang down, the only problem was that they spoke in the worst cockney accent I ever heard. I couldn't help but laugh, which just seemed to enrage them even further.

Thankfully one of my chav friends was with me to put his peoples in line, because I was getting ready to lay hands. Oddly enough that's the only time anyone has tried to mug me as well.

LBC?

Long Beach California

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
But of Western Civilization it is. The government of the UK seem to this outside observer more and more like the one in that movie "Vendetta". You guys might need to have your own "London Tea Party" pretty soon, unless you actually like being survialed everytime go anywhere. Of course I can't really talk in the US, we are working on being controlled just as bad as the UK. Freaken sad

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Given the state of the world today, I would think that there are many many worse palces for a child to grow up. I am sure that while some living conditions/surroundings are quite terrible in the U.S. and Britain, a child growing up in Russia or parts of Africa have to have it 1000 times worse than any child growing up in a more industrialized nation.

Anyone agree?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
as an ex war child myself, i find phrasing of the subject ridiculous.
but then again,having survived that war and not dying of famine in africa i find my response ridiculous too

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
You could also frame the question Is the Uk the worst place to live if you're a-
pensioner
working class
middle class
black
white
gay
straight
male
female

Considering it's supposed to be a prosperous, civilised, western democracy it doesn't seem to be a very nice place in terms of safety, stress and standard of living for lots of people these days.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by ubermunche]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The only time I have ever been mugged was buy a black male in his 20's. Same as anyone else I know who has been mugged.

I've had the same experience here in New York in my forrmer apartment. It was a non-doorman building and these two black kids (probably 18 - 21) came up behind me, said they had a gun and wanted me to lead them into my apartment. I was loaded with heavy bags of grocerys and am a pretty big guy myself and just pushed through them back onto street yelling for help. Since it was a good neighborhood surrounded by doorman buildings, people rushed out when they heard my cries. The thugs walked off with nothing. In this case, I was lucky, but I am still very glad to live in a doorman building myself now with security cameras monitoring the lobby.

If somehow I had let those black guys into my apartment I might not be alive today and have never found ATS since this incident occurred way before ATS even existed I think.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Perhaps if sex education became more gratuitous than the youth would be happier?

I am 15, and can easily say. NO! That would do absolutely nothing to the problem... AT ALL... Maybe to stop teenage births..? But other than that no.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I would think Darfur would beat the UK for places deemed not healthy environs for children.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think the worst place in the world for a child to grow up in is China, knowing you will never have a brother or sister, or that any news of one coming will have him/her killed shortly, or forcefully abandoned for adoption.

That has to suck.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When I was growing up I had it all. I was from a poor family, raised by a single parent and lived in 'bad' areas.

Yet as a child I never wanted for anything. If I saw something I wanted I would get it (provided I earned it). My mum often went without for herself to provide for me.

I think the UK has bad areas, but it is in no way one of the worst places to raise a child. A lot of the youth in this country has changed, and are unhappy because of material reasons. They whine about not being able to have the same trainers as a friend, or because their parents won't give them some money. The UK has rough areas in which yobs rule the streets (I live in one), but even in those areas trouble isn't a daily thing. I don't wake up to find a man hanging from my window ledge, or a go to sleep to the soft sound of gang warfare.

I don't think the UK is any worse off than the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Reactionary tabloid porpaganda.

I really wish it was. My area is plagued by anti social crime and violence now, usually swaggering little bastards who know they're untouchable in their cowardly little gangs and bolstered by the idea that the police don't care and do nothing, occasionally their scummy older siblings or the parents are also involved. They're all white, there all trash and it's happening more than enough to justify the fear people feel.

Personally I'm rather hoping some of this reactionary tabloid nonsense gets dished out to a few of the toads some time soon. And when it does no doubt it'll be the communities who are blamed for their lack of tolerance and uderstanding when common sense shows it's the useless law and justice systems and stupid liberal apologists who want to appear 'down wif da yoof' who are the real causes, not to mention the the evil little thugs committ ing these atrocities in the first place.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by ubermunche]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

I really wish it was. My area is plagued by anti social crime and violence now, usually swaggering little bastards who know they're untouchable in their cowardly little gangs and bolstered by the idea that the police don't care and do nothing, occasionally their scummy older siblings or the parents are also involved. They're all white, there all trash and it's happening more than enough to justify the fear people feel.

[edit on 13-7-2007 by ubermunche]
I agree totally. I'm a skirt-wearing haggis munching wierdo by the way but the louts are taking over, even in Scotland. The problem is that they know they're practically untouchable, but if they're caught and banged up they're rewarded even more. Tagging is a joke, if you're a junkie you get more dole and you get to jump the queue in the chemist as well as able to take up the whole pavement with your mates while normal folk walk around you in the gutter. And, if you go to jail clean you'll come out an addict with a free "script" for methadone. If you've no money, just steal. No wonder the rest of the kids are unhappy. Growing up where I live, and probably most other places in the UK bar a few, is like a minefield (without the mines) for kids. They're probably unhappy because they're scared. My son's teacher and headmaster tried to get some louts off the school ground a few weeks ago but they were attacked, held in armlocks, and kicked to the ground with the whole school watching. My son said there were hundreds of kids laughing. I don't know exactly where the blame lies but remember a phrase my old grandad used to use "It's the bloody system that's wrong. The System." He was right.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I think the worst place in the world for a child to grow up in is China, knowing you will never have a brother or sister, or that any news of one coming will have him/her killed shortly, or forcefully abandoned for adoption.

That has to suck.

I see you've spent a lot of time in China then! I think you've been had by another UN report!

The one child policy is pretty much an urban legend.

And if your kids being an a-hole you give them a smack, no one bats an eyelid. Unlike all the self righteous p*icks in Hong Kong that don't know how to keep their gobs shut and don't think that a white man could possibly speak their language!.

Back to task - I don't think I want to take my son back to the UK. Even though where I grew up was just awsome, loads of freedom, big park, beach 5 mins away, golf course (for stealing golf balls and climbing trees) youth club that was well run and funded...

I know those freedoms have dried up, the youth club went years ago, the schools have gone down hill, the council estate is chock full of teenage mums and even the local pubs have gone and turned in to old peoples homes.

Been gone 5 years and the place feels horrid whenever I go back. I love living in Hong Kong I just forget that I'm the minority and that your not actually allowed to have an opinion opposite to that of the person in charge! DOH! I do get myself in trouble...

MonKey

top topics

<< 1   >>

join