It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About smoke of Flight 93

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Could this be in relation to the smoke of Flight 93?

I know the lady said she got the picture in 5 seconds as she stated, but this seems close to the smoke that puffed out from the crash.

Helicopter Crash

^Watch how the black smoke just sits there^

Think this is how the woman got her famous picture shot? The smoke just sits there.

If not, then prove me wrong and do it fast

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigMoser

Think this is how the woman got her famous picture shot? The smoke just sits there.

I just visited the location where the "famous" photo of the alleged smoke from Flight 93 was taken.

IMO, there is zero chance the photo is real. The location of the crash site is very, very far from where the photo was taken. The photo makes it look like it was right over the top of the hill. It wasn't.

For the photo to be real the smoke cloud has to be over 2000 feet wide, or somehow the smoke cloud moved symmetrically in the wind without dispersing over 1500 feet directly towards Val McClatchey's house before she took the photo. However, she claims she took the photo in 5 seconds after impact.

She needed to come up with the 5 seconds story because any longer than that and the smoke cloud starts to disperse in the wind, and the smoke cloud would be higher in the sky. However, she didn't account for how large the smoke cloud would be in her shot from 3000 feet away from the crash site.

Also, notice in the video of the helicopter how narrow the smoke cloud is. Of course the smoke cloud from Flight 93 would be larger, but there is no reason to believe that it would expand to be over 2000 feet in circumference. To put this in perspective, the WTCs were only about 1000 feet high, and you saw how large of an explosion resulted from the planes hitting the building. You can also see from the Pentagon video how large of an explosion resulted from that crash.

To believe that McClatchey's photo is legit, you'd have to believe that the smoke cloud from Flight 93 was twice as wide as the WTCs were tall.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ok, I see what you're saying. Thanks for clearing that up.

Were you still gonna do a homemade documentary with a couple ATS members out in Shanksville, PA? While Jack is doing his on the Pentagon?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I'm definitely going to go to Shanksville/Stoystown/Indian Lake to see what I can find out. I'm not sure how well received I'm going to be. I'd like to find somebody from the area who can show me around instead of "cold-calling" on eye-witnesses.

The problem now is that about a foot of snow has been dumped on the area, and that when I was there a couple of days ago, there was still snow on the roads from the last snowfall.

BTW, as an interesting side note, I saw the man who owns the red barn in the photo. He was driving his tractor out of the barn area, and he has a sign for selling fresh eggs on the side of his barn.

Any suggestions on how to best approach people from the area to talk on record?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigMoser
Could this be in relation to the smoke of Flight 93?

I know the lady said she got the picture in 5 seconds as she stated, but this seems close to the smoke that puffed out from the crash.

Helicopter Crash

^Watch how the black smoke just sits there^

There is just no evidence that this happened.

Just look at the crater, none of the grass around it was burnt, so no fuel dropped on it:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
I'm definitely going to go to Shanksville/Stoystown/Indian Lake to see what I can find out. I'm not sure how well received I'm going to be. I'd like to find somebody from the area who can show me around instead of "cold-calling" on eye-witnesses.

The problem now is that about a foot of snow has been dumped on the area, and that when I was there a couple of days ago, there was still snow on the roads from the last snowfall.

BTW, as an interesting side note, I saw the man who owns the red barn in the photo. He was driving his tractor out of the barn area, and he has a sign for selling fresh eggs on the side of his barn.

Any suggestions on how to best approach people from the area to talk on record?

Well for 1 try looking up the local people who worked on the memorial.

Maybe you should try getting a local radio station to get people who were witnesses to call of e-mail you if they are interested in a open forum debate. if you get enough of a response then you can set something up.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

Well for 1 try looking up the local people who worked on the memorial.

Maybe you should try getting a local radio station to get people who were witnesses to call of e-mail you if they are interested in a open forum debate. if you get enough of a response then you can set something up.

That's a good point re the Memorial. The "memorial" they have there now is really not much of anything considering the significance of the events that day.

Also a good idea re the radio station. I'll look into it!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261
That's a good point re the Memorial. The "memorial" they have there now is really not much of anything considering the significance of the events that day.

Also a good idea re the radio station. I'll look into it!

Well sometimes memorials that are kept simple and small are still the better ones.

Like the National Vigilance Park, its a memerial for recon aircrews that died in action during the cold war. The reports and names of the aircrews were kept classified untill recently when the director of the NSA decided it was time to honor these men and women.

new topics

top topics

join