It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Recently forty dinosaur footprints were discovered along the banks of a dried river bed. The prints date back to 110 million years, somewhere around the Cretaceous period. The prints, found by a local resident, belonged to three, undetermined, prehistoric species that came to drink along the river bed that used to be a swampy area near the sea. The prints measure 60 cm (24 in) across. In 2006, 30 other prints were discovered in a nearby location.

news.yahoo.com
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A Mexican man has discovered dozens of dinosaur footprints dating back up to 110 million years along the banks of a dried river, scientists said on Tuesday.

Biologist Oscar Polaco said the footprints, found by a local resident in a desert region in central Mexico, belonged to three prehistoric species that came to drink water in the area, once a swampy zone close to the sea.

Polaco said more studies needed to be done to determine what species of dinosaur the fossilized prints, each one up to 60 cm (24 inches) across, belonged to.

"At the moment we can confirm these are footprints that belong to dinosaurs that lived during the early Cretaceous (period)," the scientist said.

The early Cretaceous period began about 144 million years ago and followed on from the late Jurassic period. The Cretaceous period is considered the last period before dinosaurs disappeared from earth about 65 million years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am truly amazed at the vast size of our world and what still waits to be discovered on this planet. A majority of our land has gone unexplored. I wonder what still remains to be uncovered. Our knowledge is limited to only what we have found, think of the possibilities that still await.

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au
www.news.com.au

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
nice we all love dinasors. they are beutiful animals

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Beautiful animals...never quite heard anyone describe them as that before. Towering Giants maybe. I just thought the article was interesting, that's all. It just goes to show you, you never know what's out there. It could even be in your own back yard.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Any dinosaur news is awesome news.

You're right, some of them at least arent' all that beautiful:
www.luisrey.ndtilda.co.uk...

These little guys are kinda cute though:

Many more accurate and up to date renditions are available here:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
why didn't god create dinasors and humans at the same time. Then we would be able to eat them as meat instead of tigers

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Of course they had dinosaurs in Mexico, they have oil.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've always wanted to know how the theropods, especially dromaeosaurs, looked when they were alive. I wonder if they had feathers and frills and neat patterns for camouflage or mating. Maybe the more intelligent ones even did mating dances. Birds must have gotten it from somewhere.

I think it would be fun to see a dancing dinosaur.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Look ma snow angels.

Funny how the idea of what dinos looked like has changed so much from when I was a kid.

I wonder how much the idea will change in say another 30,50, 100 years.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
With all of the bad news and stupid news being made in the world; I am glad to see some news like this once in a while. Thanks for posting.

It really is amazing to see a dinosaur track in person and realize how many millions of years ago it was made. There are some near where I live in Texas; and it never ceases to amaze me when I walk down there and look at them.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pickup...Wasn't that area all swamp or something back then??

Always like to see new stuff though.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
the mexican guy is stupid he should keep the stuff cause something like that is a billion to 1

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation
I've always wanted to know how the theropods, especially dromaeosaurs, looked when they were alive.

The website I linked to does a great job of representing these animals in their feathered fullness.

top topics

join