It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Kennedy has a little problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I dont know if you're aware of this, but our own Joe Kennedy of Massachusetts, has always been involved in oil to help the elderly heat their homes at a fraction of the price as well as underpriviledged families in Massachusetts.

He has a deal with Chavez for oil at cheaper prices and his commercial: " All made possible by our friends in Venezuela" is being torn apart lately.

I love what the Kennedys have done for this state and support them 100%, however, the minute i heard the commercial months ago, i smelled a problem. Sure enough, its all over the news now.....

I think good old Joe (yes, i've met him at least 5 times) stuck his foot in his mouth this time. You just simply cannot call Chavez "our good friend".

So, will Joe now be seen as a Commie or can Joe get out of this one?
He's no commie, he's a good Democrat and always involved in good causes.

So, what do you think? Can he get out of this one with his life? Dont forget Chavez called our president a drunk, stupid, cowboy among many things.
Some of us think he spoke the truth while some thought of it as disrespectful- but that's besides the point.

What do you think Joe should do? And dont tell me leave the country.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I certainly don't think he should apologize or make a statement
of retraction.

I think he should make it clear that he realizes, that Venezuela, just
like the U.S. is far from being Perfect, and Chavez is'nt the next
Jesus, though in comparison to Bush he's a saint in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
He was on Cavuto today and while I understand and commend his contribution to help get heating oil for those less fortunate,

When asked about the Chavez deal, he basicly said he doesn't like some of the things Chavez does but he doesn't like some of the things our own Government (Bush) does.

It was bad attempt to justify this, I am sure he "HAD" to do the commercial as part of the deal. This only made it transparent to the media.

My only thought was how can we as a country send (what is it?) millions of gallons of fuel oil to North Korea as a condition to their scaling down their nuke program, yet not a drop of oil is allocated to help our own citizens in dire need.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

I missed him on tv and wondered how he would handle this one. I agree when he says neither country is perfect, or neither Bush nor Chavez is perfect.

Joe-4-oil has been a blessing to those who would otherwise die of extreme cold.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think he should make it clear that he realizes, that Venezuela, just
like the U.S. is far from being Perfect, and Chavez is'nt the next
Jesus, though in comparison to Bush he's a saint in my opinion.

Bingo! So America and Venezuela might have some political differences, but cant they be good friends simply because, well.. they have to share the earth together?!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think it goes to show, when rhetoric and agenders are put aside, people from different countries can come together and come to the aid of a worthy cause.

youve gotta remember,

chavez didnt say AMERICA was the Devil, he said BUSH was the devil.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
www.abovepolitics.com...

I started a thread about this back in December .. in politics.

I haven't seen the commercials lately though. Perhaps he has figured out that they were incredibly stupid and he stopped doing them? Even if he does stop, he has already damaged himself beyond repair.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I think it's simple. If people here in the USA have a problem with Joe dealing with Venezuela to keep our less fortunate from freezing then step the F up and help. How is it possible in a country where an oil company can earn 30+ Billion dollars PROFIT in one year that ANYONE is forced to live in a cold home? These companies should be providing heavily discounted --- if not FREE --- heating oil to people who can't afford to heat their homes. So I say STFU unless you have a better solution and leave Joe alone. At least he's DOING something.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ohhhh Flyersfan, such drama.

He hasnt damaged himself "beyond repair" at all. First of all, he doesnt seek a high office in the government, second of all, i liked his answer- it was honest and as long as it keeps the little old lady next door alive, people will be happy.

And its true, a little name calling, although not nice, should'nt keep us from freezing to death.
I dont go down the cellar and look at my tank and say "Thanks, Hugo, what would we do without ya?"
But i do thank JOE for all he does.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I agree jtma, the person with the better immediate solution, please step forward. I feel badly, but not surprised, that Kennedy would be getting flack for this. Unfortunately when someone is helping out others, and going against some "grain", they are going to get ripped up.

Especially when the MSM tells us we shouldn't want to be friends with anyone that they tell us not to be friends with.

btw, excellent to see you back around DGtempe.

[edit on 2/14/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Right, Niteboy! If they are supplying us with cheap oil, that is a "friendly" gesture- inspite of all the name calling.
Last time i checked, Massachusetts was part of the USA.

The reason i brought it up was because i knew this would cause a problem, but Joe is so diplomatic, i knew he could handle himself.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ohhhh Flyersfan, such drama.

THAT isn't drama. You want drama ??? I know where to find it. Just U2U me .. I'll give ya' some leads ...

He hasnt damaged himself "beyond repair" at all.

I believe he has.

But i do thank JOE for all he does.

I'm sure that whacked dictator Chavez also is thanking Joe for all he's doing.
(doing for CHAVEZ)

Next thing you know we will have see pictures of Joe, Chavez, and Fidel holding hands and singing communist workers songs. (THAT was drama DG ...
)

BTW .. welcome back.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Awwww, how would you like to see a bunch of elderly people freeze to death because if they buy oil they cant buy food and vice versa? Not to mention medicines?
Have a heart- I know you have one... I do agree with you on one thing- he should have never referred to them as "OUR FRIENDS' Not a wise political move.

Then again, it does send a message to the King that he does agree with the cowboy bit.

Its ok to criticize a president who has made war all over the world and has held himself hands with the Arabs (the very ones who want us dead:@@

So Chavez called him names and he's (Chavez) an elementary school drop out, bla bla bla...I cant stand the SOB- He's an uneducated simpleton, but if we can get cheaper gas to survive the winters, why not?!!!

Like i said before, i dont go to the basement and kneel before the tank and say a prayer for Chavez.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its ok to criticize a president who has made war all over the world and has held himself hands with the Arabs (the very ones who want us dead:@@

Chavez did more than complain about Bush.

Chavez went to Iran and had a major speech there saying that America should be destroyed. So while Bush may have held hands with a Saudi prince (yuk), Chavez stood in Iran, side by side with that whacked Iranian leader, and called for America to be destroyed.

THIS is the fella that Kennedy says is 'our good friend'.

bad bad bad mistake.

top topics

join