It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails (TARFOX)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know yet, TARFOX stands for Tropospheric Aerosol Radiative Forcing Observational eXperiment and is a NASA project. You can check out their site and see an image here, geo.arc.nasa.gov...

I'm sure most of you have seen that, however I found some new documents related to it. Some of these documents CLEARLY OUTLINE airplanes spraying aerosal into the atmoshere.

I did an archive search on their site, which basically allows you to browse their site as it looked 10+ years ago. I'll quote some information that I found..
"Greenhouse gases decrease the outgoing radiation from the Earth, tending to increase its temperature (a positive radiative forcing), whereas aerosol particles can either increase or decrease the outgoing radiation by scattering and absorption (direct effect) and by changing the reflectivity, duration, and extent of clouds (indirect effect)."

It states in the next paragraph "An important step in reducing these uncertainties is to measure the direct radiative forcing by tropospheric aerosols over various regions of the globe while simultaneously measuring the properties of the responsible aerosols"

The link to read the whole thing is here - web.archive.org...

NASA has since taken down that page, as well as this page, web.archive.org... , which contains more links and info on the project. There's TONS of really interesting stuff on there, too much to post.

Also, it states in one of those pages that the Joint Research Centre (european commission) is working with them on, because they felt that by doing these experiments all around the globe, it would give them better results. I found a link to their involvement in it, which has since been removed the original site, but again, I used the archive tool to look it up and found it - web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Also, I found the logo to one of their old projects, ACE-1 (aerosal characterization experiment), web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And yet another Government page on it - web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Good find, perhaps Global warming has more to do with nasa's experiments.

I also wonder why they did not use the acronym Tarfoe, perhaps they like the other meaning for fox (666).

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Good find, perhaps Global warming has more to do with nasa's experiments.

Unlikely since aerosols reduce global warming
In fact, this experiment was conducted in order to help us understand better how aerosols (primarily ejected into the atmosphere - in vast amounts - from industrial plants, power stations and volcanoes) affect global temperature and thus help us to predict future global warming trends better. Especially since the amounts of such aerosols have reduced in recent years due to cleaner processes (sulphur - responsible for acid rain - is one of the main aerosols)

Not quite sure how anyone can draw a link between an experiment of this nature and chemtrails though?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Essan you say unlikely "aerosols reduce global warming"

Nasa say "whereas aerosol particles can either increase or decrease the outgoing radiation by scattering and absorption (direct effect) and by changing the reflectivity, duration, and extent of clouds (indirect effect)." web.archive.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There is a similar project, currently at www.asp.bnl.gov/tap.html. TAP = Tropospheric Aerosol Program.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Essan you say unlikely "aerosols reduce global warming"

Nasa say "whereas aerosol particles can either increase or decrease the outgoing radiation by scattering and absorption (direct effect) and by changing the reflectivity, duration, and extent of clouds (indirect effect)." web.archive.org...

A slightly misleading comment - if you read on you'll see that the net effect of both direct and indirect effects is for negative forcing - ie reduction in temp.

btw a good overview of aerosols here: www.aip.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rline928

geo.arc.nasa.gov...

1994 TARFOX description published in A Plan for an International Global Aerosol Program

....So the "Plan for an International Global Aerosol Program" (IE CHEMTRAILS) started in '94, huh?

join