It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia shuttle daylight UFO!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Lagos. Although I do have a great deal of respect for astronauts in general I can see how some over sensitive people may become upset by my use of an exclamation mark and apologise.
As for what has been filmed its quite an interesting piece of footage and was shown extensively on major news channels.
Thanks for the replies from others for the links etc and any more info on the authenticity(or not)of this film would be welcomed.
Cheers Karl

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I personally think that there's no evidence so far that this is not real. I don't think anything else will come up on that one but at least we discussed it and as long as there's no (real) evidence for hoax or something else, I am convinced that this is a real UFO accidently caught by the MSM.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
I personally think that there's no evidence so far that this is not real. I don't think anything else will come up on that one but at least we discussed it and as long as there's no (real) evidence for hoax or something else, I am convinced that this is a real UFO accidently caught by the MSM.

so we assume things are UFO's and go from there? hilarious. you're gonna assume one of the most statistically improbable scenarios and work back from there.

I wonder how prevalent this approach is on this forum?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Lagos. Although I do have a great deal of respect for astronauts in general I can see how some over sensitive people may become upset by my use of an exclamation mark and apologise.

Thanks Karl. I hope you see what I was getting at - I know you we're excited about your find.

Considering that his was a national tragedy, however, I feel that there is just a more respectable way about to go about addressing the issue.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagos
so we assume things are UFO's and go from there? hilarious. you're gonna assume one of the most statistically improbable scenarios and work back from there.

What's a object that is not identified? correct! unidentified! so it's a unidentified flying object. The object has not been identified.

"statistically improbable scenarios"
that's your own subjective assumption. don't claim assumptions to be facts, and it's only improbable for you because you're a skeptic IMO.

I don't consider this to be improbable.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I didnt want to pass any judgement on this video at all. There simply isnt enough of it to determine what it is.

However, being that it was video taken on the day that we lost Columbia, I am sure that there is a copius amount of video that comes after this clip and would more than likely, if shown, turn this clip into a non story. Why was the clip stopped where it was? [sarcasm]Did Fox run out of tape[/sarcasm] or is the remainder of the clip damning to the premise of it being a non terrestrial craft. Lets see, a news camera in the field trying to focus in on a tiny point of light in a sea of infinite bright blue...

Its beyond me how anyone could make a determination of anything with that clip.

This is not intended for the OP, but its stupid to bring up that tragedy or any other tragedy and shine this kind of light on it. I mean whats going to be next? Zombies walking the streets of New Orleans....
We really need to get ourselves out of this "Entertainment Weekly" or "Globe" mindset, it makes us look like idiots. Just my humble opinion...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What's a object that is not identified? correct! unidentified! so it's a unidentified flying object. The object has not been identified.

"statistically improbable scenarios"
that's your own subjective assumption. don't claim assumptions to be facts, and it's only improbable for you because you're a skeptic IMO.

I don't consider this to be improbable.

OK, so you can't identify that object? - hmmm - I see the kind of mind we're dealing w/.

How about maybe just maybe, it's the Columbia?

Statistically, that would be more probable as oppossed to it being a UFO. Simple logic + please refer to Defcon's analysis if you have further trouble "identifying" the object.

I realize what I wrote probably won't sink in - lol.

My point is that it is more probable that the image is not a UFO and is the Columbia - what do you think about that?

+ before you get all riled up - compare it to the other footage.

Case closed IMHO.

[edit on 2/15/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Against secrecy,I think your quite right when you state opions are open to subjective interpretation.
Hysterical cynicism,hopeless prejudice and narrow mindedness do not help when looking into this subject and ,whilst there is a hardcore lunatic fringe on both sides of this subject(beleiver and cynic), the most important assets are objectiveness and impartiality.
'Dont bother me with facts my minds made up' usualy demonstrates the mindsets of some UFO cynics and its a shame.
Thanks for the help with this video,will look out for more info
Cheers Karl

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We could on and on about this.

I agree that opinions are subjective.

We all have seen varying amounts of evidence on the matter. We also have different amounts of experience w/ statistical theory.

From the evidence I have seen in this case, I think it is improbable that this is a UFO. That is my humble opinion.

Have fun guys and I leave myself open to amazing possibilities. Good luck in uncovering the truth and thanks for all your hard work. Keep those research standards high.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ufos very rarely are seen to emit any kind of beams. That is what makes this ufo so unique. I can see some kind of violet beam shooting out of it. It may be significant that such a rare phemoneon as that purple ray came from a ufo that was in the vicinity of the shuttle at the time that disaster struck it.

Three rare events occur simultaneously:

1) a ufo is seen

2) the ufo emits some kind of beam

3) the Columbia explodes

Was it all coincidence, or too much to be coincidence?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
you all should def. check out the other videos of the Columbia. where you see the "beam" correlates with Columbia's smoke trail. if you can't see that then let the comedy ensue.

good luck! lol

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I would say that this is a pretty good video of some kind of UFO BUT it appears to be two different videos spliced together.
Ive noticed on a few of the UFO vids ive watched in the past, whenever something "different" starts to happen with the object being filmed, it is always after the cameraman does something with the camera.
They always seem to cut away, zoom out or zoom in on the object and when they return to the object or regain focus it is doing something different, like splitting in two or whatever doing circles.
To me this one is so glaringly obvious that it is two completely different footages made into one.
I never, ever make skeptical posts, i always try to remain open minded but this is one that im confident is BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I see a bubble around the object almost looks liek its distorting its imediate area and also a very sharp triangular beam seems to emenate from the craft. One of the best UFO's I have seen caught on tape and I really think its genuine evidence.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I see the kind of mind we're dealing w/.

Me too

How about maybe just maybe, it's the Columbia?

I disagree, the columbia explosion is in the same video and looks completly different.

Statistically, that would be more probable as oppossed to it being a UFO. Simple logic

Maybe for you.

+ please refer to Defcon's analysis if you have further trouble "identifying" the object.

Defcon is known to be on an agenda, and therefor not credible.He's on my ignorelist anyway.

My point is that it is more probable that the image is not a UFO and is the Columbia - what do you think about that?

As i said before, this is your subjective assumption and claim, not mine.

Case closed IMHO.

Not at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

you all should def. check out the other videos of the Columbia. where you see the "beam" correlates with Columbia's smoke trail. if you can't see that then let the comedy ensue.

good luck! lol

How about some links to those videos that you are referring to. I think this is a very different kind of ufo incident that was recorded.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Surely NASA has seen the UFO on the video and maybe (probably?) even knew of it's presence before the news crew gleaned it.

IF this is a video of a UFO with intelligence controlling it and IF NASA knew it was present during this catastrophe, you'd think that the manned space program would have been cancelled from that point until the present.

Do you think that NASA knows for sure that the UFO's are non-hostile and just like to observe our activities? I'm hoping that is the case. It would explain why the shuttle fleet went back to flying after the foam problem was fixed.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

good luck! lol

How about some links to those videos that you are referring to. I think this is a very different kind of ufo incident that was recorded.

ok, here's my personal recommendation:

1. scroll back and check out my previous posts in this thread.

2. check out some other search engines/ video sites.

3. let us know what you find - if this is in fact an extraterrestrial craft, it would be one of the biggest stories in the history of mankind. I vote to nominate "AgainstSecrecy" to hold a press conference to announce the news.

nasa

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

+ please refer to Defcon's analysis if you have further trouble "identifying" the object.

Defcon is known to be on an agenda, and therefor not credible.He's on my ignorelist anyway.

Defcon is not known to be on any agenda other then to refute BS.
However, I am starting get really tired of this members personal accusations against me that are about as rooted in logic as his UFO analysis are…

Armature astronomers shot this footage, it was not shot by NASA nor by a news agency, they were shot at extremely high levels of zoom as the shuttle is at very high altitude when re-entering. This tends to cause any light in the forward arch of the lens to refract in the elements showing the iris.

Then as to the purple streak, how about this:

"Purple streak" image
The San Francisco Chronicle reported that an amateur astronomer had taken a five-second exposure that appeared to show "a purplish line near the shuttle" during re-entry.[17][18] The CAIB report concluded that image was the result of "camera vibrations during a long-exposure".[19]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the pictures, AgainstSecrecy. This is definitely a UFO.

Do UFO's tend to appear around crashes or any type of demolition? If so, I wonder what their purpose of showing is...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think Fox news perpetrating a hoax on the day of a national tragedy stretches the limits of credulity a little too far.
If this footage is not lens flare/camera anomaly then I think it is an exceptional video.
Are there any impartial ,objective,non hysterical,non cynical video technicians/experts out there who know their stuff?
Cheers Karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join