It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbia shuttle daylight UFO!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Heres a cheeky one caught on CNN!-It doesnt look like a tempreture inverted weather balloon to me.
youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That was an interesting video. It appears to be Fox News and not CNN, however. Has anyone seen this before, if so, do you have any insight on this video?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Heres a cheeky one caught on CNN!-It doesnt look like a tempreture inverted weather balloon to me.
youtube.com...

I don't see any UFO. I see a bright spot over-zoomed on and causing a lens artifact. Does nobody ever wonder why when you zoom in on something that ends up looking like a saucer or disc that it's always pointed at a particular angle to whichever camera happens to be pointing at it? It's because it's a LENS artifact, and of course the lens is oriented with a fixed angle to the CCD or film.

OR - was I supposed to see a mining operation in that video? Or a face?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This has actually been posted before. Don't know the link.

Ram

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
thats a nice one

and this is not a lens-splash Sophismata...
Try press "play" next time

It usually helps....

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Ram]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rotoplooker
Has anyone seen this before,

I remember seeing this on all the TV stations, over and over. It was in clear sight and was picked up and broadcast many times. No one ever said it was a 'ufo' .. at least no one in the media.

I don't know what it is .. but what ever it is .. it is very clear that SOMETHING is there.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

youtube.com...

Awesome!Great catch

This object is very clear, the clearest footage i've seen so far.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies.Ive tried looking,does anyone know about the other thread//link to this footage or can shed some light onto its authenticity? If it was picked up on other networks then its obviously not a hoax(by Fox news)
Cheers Karl

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Thanks for the replies.Ive tried looking,does anyone know about the other thread//link to this footage or can shed some light onto its authenticity? If it was picked up on other networks then its obviously not a hoax(by Fox news)
Cheers Karl

On the comment page (i guess page 2) someone wrote this:

Originally posted by youtubemember LiquidHash (1 month ago)
It wasn't spliced this was shown on all the major news channels. Some people on here actually watched it as it was a major tragedy and they showed this clip all afternoon. Nothing was spliced, edited, or altered.

If that's true then it's not hoaxed. I'll try and see if i can find some other footage from other channels. But I doubt it anyway that this is hoaxed.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Cheers Karl

if there was something to it, you'd think you might have heard a little more about this. looks like there's some distortion in the camera though. interesting...

[edit on 2/15/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think what happened was one time they showed artifacts on what the camera does when it changes shutters or something and it looked similiar to this so every skeptic now behold everything to shutter change.

Unfortunately catching a ship can also produce the same thing but the skectics don't want to hear it they just want to be right.
I always hear the words proof in here where is your proof it's an artifact. I wonder have you even studied this picture and are you qualified to jump to this decision.

I would like to hear of your findings as I am sure others are also.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Note the purple beam/light/emission in the final seconds of the video.

Related to this?

ATS

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I found something on cbs orlando...
www.local6.com...

but it seems that the video has been pulled, can't view it anymore. perhabs someone else can try?

edit: another one isn't working:
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Cool…
Nice photo of a camera iris, otherwise know as an aperture.
You get that effect from zooming into a light source too far.
They are normally diamond shaped or hexagon shaped as that is the shape of the camera iris.

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
But I doubt it anyway that this is hoaxed.

Just curious…
Is everything a UFO in your opinion?

[edit on 2/15/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The camera FOX was showing is the real question.
Was that a studio camera which is not designed for long range images?
If not, whos camera was it?
If it was live feed from a nasa camera, then the image was from a camera designed to see sharp details at long distances.

Watch any space shuttle launch video. The camera can see sharp details at amazing altitudes and speeds of flight.

If indeed it was a NASA camera then the image will not be distorted from video artifacts.

It is not surprising that the image was pulled from other websites.
Remember the internet archive cover up from 9-11? All the pages cached from every travel agent, and airling were deleted from the www.archive.org...
website

It is not beyond the government to hack into these web servers

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I still think this video is real. You can even see that the UFO has entered the atmosphere:

sharpened

sharpened and converted

edit: this one is even better:

And I must agree: It's really not surprising that the vids got pulled. I somehow expected that the vids could be pulled. sadfully i was right

[edit on 15-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Does no body film shuttle reentry? I just tried doing a search for video on google and there was next to nothing out there. Over 100 shuttle missions and no one is filming them?

I figured maybe we could put them side by side to see if the same ufo shows up, but there is just a lack of video to do that.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
As has been mentioned a couple of times, the diamond shape the object takes is due to it being out of focus, and taking on the shape of the iris within the camera.

However, what the light that was being filmed is is anyones guess.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
here's a video of the re-entry:

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

RIP

[edit on 2/15/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

youtube.com...

considering that people died in this incident - you might want to go easy on the exclamation marks out of respect.

thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join