It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Edinburgh - Anyone know what this might be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I know it looks very like a bird but it was so reflective it must have been made of metal. I don't think it's extraterrestrial but does anyone know what it might be? I'm genuinely curious as to what it is. Unfortunately YouTube degrades the video quality.

www.youtube.com...

(edit - removed 2nd video as it's too fuzzy in YouTube)

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Azimov]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azimov
I know it looks very like a bird but it was so reflective it must have been made of metal. I don't think it's extraterrestrial but does anyone know what it might be? I'm genuinely curious as to what it is. Unfortunately YouTube degrades the video quality.

www.youtube.com...

(edit - removed 2nd video as it's too fuzzy in YouTube)

It doesn't look specular to me, and the bird hypothesis is as good as any given the poor quality.

As usual, the video doesn't contain all the information needed to evaluate it. Such basic things as provenance, technical data, direction, time of day....

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The original videos are slightly better quality but not much and were just taken on a cheap digi cam 320 x 240. Photos aren't any better. It was taken by me at about 2 in the afternoon. I thought the object was a bird at first but although it's not entirely obvious in the video it was very reflective and must have been made of something shiny. A bird is therefore out of the question so I presume it was either a fancy form of kite (the lack of wind probably rules this out), or some sort of model aircraft that mimics bird flight. But I've no idea if such a thing exists. I don't care about sensationalism as I imagine it's something fairly mundane but would like to know what it was. I'll maybe try and put the videos on another site if I get time.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's not a bird as you can see in this close up with real birds at top right, ufo at left.

I uploaded the other video here but quality is just as bad.

www.vimeo.com...:140033

Clearer original video is here:

www.khaisoundsolutions.co.uk...

How do I post images within the post?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am not sure but to me it looks like a bird with wings go up and down..and the speed look like a bird flying too~ But hard to tell how strong is the light flashing just by the video~

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azimov
It's not a bird as you can see in this close up with real birds at top right, ufo at left.

I don't follow your argument. Why can't the low resolution speck on the left be a bird? It doesn't need to be at the same distance, moving at the same speed, or the same size or species as the other two birds in the image...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The video is too distant and vague.

It could be one of these:

UFO - Sam

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Doesn't seems to be a regular bird if it's a bird, hard to say with the quality.
Looks like a blinking metalic object to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The video is to distant and too vague to make apositive ID of what the object is.

IT could be anything from light reflecting off swap gas
to a plane cathcing the light.

That said, there is no way in hell a plane would blink in on and off like that.

Still, I'm with the Azimov it's not ET based but still is curious.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok, perhaps it is a bird, like the picture in your avatar. Except the one in my picture is quite clearly round and lacking wings and as I've already pointed out was made of a highly reflective material. Hence not a bird.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thanks. I've already ruled out a bird though. Please, nobody else say it's a bird.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I saw something that looked just like this a couple months ago. I didn't have a camera or anything and I found it very hard to describe. After seeing it again I still find it hard to describe...I do know what birds look/move like though. It's not like the still photo of the gull...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think you could well be right with that UFO kite, which is something like what I suspected. Would be good to see one flying just to be sure.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure now it's a UFO kite. See video here. Almost identical.

ufo sam video

I imagine you'll get a few more of these.

For all those who thought it was a bird ... tut, tut. Your UFO identification skills need some serious brushing up.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Gulls are gliding birds. They don't hover unless it's very windy.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think it is either somebody flying a Ornithopter, or a rare sighting of a silver crested haggis.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I live near Edinburgh and saw something like this in the sky. Didn't have my camera as I was out mountain biking at the time.

Didn't have a clue what the object was, it moved too fast for a bird and had the same blinking and flashing motion as in the film. Alot of people in the Central Belt in Scotland have seen objects in the sky recently, hence why its called the UFO Hotspot of Scotland.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ok first off, where exactly in edinburgh did you see this??

secondly, why did you not hightail it after the object, if youve got time to grab some camera shots, surely you could have ran behind the house to give chase (or did you and it was gone). Some kiddie would have been minus 1 x BMX if that was me

This looks nothing like the yellow orb i seen tracking accross the pentlands hills a few weeks back, but good to see some local activity. Keep us up to date on anything else you see..

Ps, weve had some good clear skies for the past few weeks, so keep looking up..

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It was near the Pentlands. Colinton area.

As for why I didn't chase it ... well, it was in the air and my flying skills just aren't what they used to be.

Actually I didn't really think that much of it. I just assumed it was some sort of model aircraft or fancy kite, which appears to be the case.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Too distant and indistinct.
On the still there is an aerial to the right and below the object that is showing similar reflective properties. The Sun is to the right so objects in the objects portion of the sky stand more chance of reflecting light into a camera.

As to what it is, could be anything. I have seen carrier bags, crisp bags up there. Really could be anything IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join