It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Money on Megan's Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Howdy folks!

Do you have kids? Do you want to keep them safe? Do you want to make the Sex Offenders in your area stop taking kids all the time?

Well, have I got the site for you!

Come on down to Crazy Walsh's Discount Child Safety!

Actually, it's called Family Watchdog.

www.familywatchdog.us...

They have all sort of neat ways to keep your kids safe, at a fraction of the price it used to cost to keep your kids safe!

Yup, while causing paranoia, harassment and bad dreams, they advertise, sell "Child Safety Products", etc.

Who else thinks this is disgusting?

I knew it was going to happen. Personally, I believe this is the first, (maybe not) in a wave that will inevitably begin capitalizing on the combination of Abused Children and an Abused Legal System.

Chime in.

Horri.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It is disgusting that they're trying to capitalize upon the fear that they're perpetuating.

On a related note, I found at least two people I knew in high school in that registry, and recognized the photos. If used properly, information like that could be beneficial. But this is far too extreme.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narain
It is disgusting that they're trying to capitalize upon the fear that they're perpetuating.

On a related note, I found at least two people I knew in high school in that registry, and recognized the photos. If used properly, information like that could be beneficial. But this is far too extreme.

I agree. There may be a place for a tool like this. But, it requires some study, and some consideration.
People making money from this situation was inevitable.

new topics

join