It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of America Offers Credit Cards To Illegal Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In an effort to tap an uncaptured market segment, Bank of America has begun to offer credit cards to applicants, which include illegal immigrants, who do not have social security numbers. Home mortgages are also offered to the same market.

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK — Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

The new Bank of America card is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft, the Journal said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this a good business practice? Business as usual? Or does it devalue the concept of the benefits of citizenship? And why don't these people apply for credit cards in their own country?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So now the Banks... of America are trying to sweeten the deal for illegal immigrants!?!

As I stated on another post...

Originally posted by Infoholic
Illegal Immigration = National Invasion

Invasion doesn't necessarily have to mean "with military might".

invasion - look at the second definition. "something hurtful".

So you are telling me that illegal immigration of which American jobs are lost, leading to a lack of taxes paid, which leads to lack of educational help/transportation/etc........ can you see where I'm going with this? I'm certain that you can, because you appear to be an intelligent person. I'll help you out if you can't.... it's the proverbial snowball.

IMO, Bush & Co. will never seal the border with Mexico (using as a reference as that border is what comes to mind the majority of the time when immigration debates are sparked)... due to "economic warfare" that Mexico is using on the American people, with the assistance of the Legislative and Executive Branches of the United States Government.

Allow the immigration (illegally) and eventually the economy would be damn near worthless (not completely crumbled), and in order to salvage the "American Dream"... unite with Mexico so that they can as well be taxed... aiding in "repairing" the economy, or at least "revamping" the economy.

You hear way too many times that the illegal immigration problem "must be stopped" coming from those in the seats of power that can actually put an end to it... but Congress won't... President Bush won't... why? What's their benefit, if none other than to upset the US economy, which will inadvertently happen if this isn't stopped.

Quoting the Declaration of Independence....

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
source

What are those that represent us going to do to stop this? What are we going to do to stop this?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is hardly new news... this is going on since at least 4-5 years... Those who live in southern states and have investigates the case know this.

For illegal immigrants, no papers required for house loans or bank account... for an american, you need 3 proof of identity... In america, there's classes, just like in India.

First it's the politicians, then it's the army, then the police, then the illegals, then americans. The average american is treated like BS, third class citizen... Your forefather fought for least than that...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Wake up folks. This is about money, lots of it and more of it in the hands of the few. Do you really think that the bankers earning hundreds of millions of dollars per year give a damn about illegal immigration! If it makes them money so what.

I've said this in the minimum wage thread: the super rich are terrified that ordinary folks wake up and are only too happy to see us arguing about matters that ensure they keep their wealth.

Also remember who owns a lot of the press! This ensures that misinformation and bias keeps us ordinary folks angry at the wrong targets.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I am planning to apply for this card myself.
If they ask for my SS# or any of the other "normal" information that any US citizen would have to provide, I will refuse. I will provide them with only the information that they are requiring from the "undocumented" population in the US.
If they refuse to give me the card.... I already have a lawyer lined up as well as the initial paperwork or the discrmination lawsuit against BoA.
The BoA in Dallas is suppose to be offering this card in the next few weeks.
By the way, I am a Native American but have blue eyes and blonde hair. I want to see what BoA is going to do on this since I am fairly sure that other americans are planning to do the same.
In the US, in order to obtain any type of credit, one must provide a work history, a credit history, a history of residence as well as a valid SS#. By the BoA making this move, they are now in jeopardy of reverse discrimination against valid US citizens
This is just wrong by BoA just as when Chase started offering home and buisness loans to "undocumented" people.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Credit card shredding parties, a boycott BofA petition and a Tennessee Congresswoman's call for an investigation on the Bank's new credit card program....

Check it out:

Bank Under Fire For Illegal-Immigrant Credit-Card Plan
SAN DIEGO -- A local radio show wants consumers to shred Bank of America cards after the company offers credit cards to illegal immigrants.

Bank of America Boycott

Bank of America is making headlines again for their announced plan, described in many of the news articles on this site, to give credit cards to illegal aliens!

Bank of America is about to learn that over 80% of Americans are fed up with illegal immigration!

Illegal immigration is tearing America apart and leading to the death of 12-25 Americans per day from the criminal acts of illegals. That is over 4,000 killed per year. Does Bank of America plan to reimburse the grieving families that suffer due to the illegal aliens BOA helps to stay in America?

According to federal law, it is a felony to knowingly aid and abet illegal aliens. This law goes unenforced as most of our immigration laws are.

TN Rep. Calls For Bank Of America Investigation
Tennessee Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn has called for an investigation after Bank of America announced it will begin issuing credit cards to people without identification.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Credit card shredding parties, a boycott BofA petition and a Tennessee Congresswoman's call for an investigation on the Bank's new credit card program....

That's great news, JackatMtn... thanks for the information.

I'll be sure to keep a close eye on that.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Like this is anything new... I'm just waiting for my bank to make tellers out of them for half of what the tellers now make. Hola, and welcome to Bank of America.

Want to keep your money safe these days, put it under a rock. This is yet another win for big business at the cost of the American worker. Si se puede, illegals and big business, si se puede!

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Low Orbit]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I will chime in on this one.
I did a bit of looking into this, when I heard about it and from what I have heard, from a BoA employee, the people who did the advertisement and marketing really messed this up. Yes it is correct it is about the illegale immigrants, but also banking the unbanked. The documentation that they will be using is the ID cards from their home country/state. And this card will carry a higher interest rate than any other credit card out there on the market. However, when you boil it all down, it comes down ultimately to a question of MONEY. If you also consider that during the Super Bowl, the fine people who determine what commericals that are ran, decided not to run one of the sponsers commercial, that of the Boarder Patrol recruitment commercial. Their reasons is that it could insult the hispanic community and especially those in Mexico. So as GW stated, Money over rules all other considerations.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The way I see this whole thing is that, we. the tax payers, who get money taken out of their paycheck, every week, that pay for the roads, law enforcement and every thing else that our government does for us, is what makes them want to be here, but they get all this for free, they don't contribute.

Yes, way back, my family were immigrants too to this country, but they followed the immigration laws, and became citizens. They came to this country wanting to become a U.S citizen.

I don't think this is why most people from Mexico are moving to the U.S.

The government needs to find a way to make them pay their dues, just like anybody else does in this country, what built this country isn't free loaders, but people who where willing to sacrifice and pay for the thinbs/country they want.

We shouldn't make it easier for them.

[edit on 17/2/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Furthering the "Illegals gain credit" issue:

Watch this video clip: Bordering on Insanity

Spoken by President Bush
We need a temporary worker program so that people don't try to sneak in the country to work. That they can come in an orderly fashion and take the pressure off the Border Patrol agents that we've got out there so that the Border Patrol agents don't focus on workers that are doing jobs Americans aren't doing but are focusing on terrorists and criminal elements, gun runners to keep both our countries safe.

If you understand what President Bush has said, you will see that what he is calling for is essentially an open border with Mexico. You will see that what he is calling for is "amnesty" for those that have broken the law, our laws of immigration. You will see that what he is calling for is to "give illegal aliens the right to live and work legally in this country", as the only way to have effective security along our border with Mexico.

So now Bush is ok'ing the "invasion"?

[edit on 2/17/2007 by Infoholic]

Ox

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Uhh.. Illegals cant even OPEN a bank account. You need an SSN and several government issued ID's, such as passport and typically a SS card. They dont just give people credit cards that cant be tracked.... Nor can you open a bank account without the proper ID anymore, since 9/11 anyway.. Trust me on this one

Ex

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If any of you think we are not being invaded.
Walk to the nearest school 1-12.
The Mexican population is even or more than the black population .
Walk to the nearest Social Security office, or Social Services office
and look who is sitting there.
The men work construction and manual jobs off of the books,
while the women collect welfare and medical benefits.
Having children every year, which I might add are American citizens
being born here , to keep the money loop going
I have nothing against people of Spanish decent
but the strain on our medical system, as well as
social security
and schools is staggering ,to say the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Uhh.. Illegals cant even OPEN a bank account. You need an SSN and several government issued ID's, such as passport and typically a SS card. They dont just give people credit cards that cant be tracked.... Nor can you open a bank account without the proper ID anymore, since 9/11 anyway.. Trust me on this one

Watch the video, Ox. I think this is taking place post-9/11.

I think you should have said, "They shouldn't be able to."

Because, they are.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
To carry on this discussion of illegals obtaining credit cards / etc. in America...

Check this out.

Photo Identification Security Act (Introduced in House)
H.R. 1314
110th Congress, 1st Session

SEC. 3. FORMS OF ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS.

(a) In General- Section 5318(l) of title 31, United States Code (relating to identification and verification of accountholders) is amended by striking paragraph (6) and inserting the following new paragraph:

`(6) FORMS OF ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION - A financial institution may not accept, for the purpose of verifying the identity of an individual seeking to open an account in accordance with this subsection, any form of identification of the individual other than the following:

`(A) SOCIAL SECURITY CARD WITH PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD OR REAL ID ACT IDENTIFICATION -

`(i) A social security card accompanied by a photo identification card issued by the Federal Government or a State Government; or

`(ii) a driver's license or identification card issued by a State in the case of a State that is in compliance with title II of the REAL ID Act of 2005 (title II of division B of Public Law 109-13; 49 U.S.C. 30301 note).

`(B) PASSPORT- A passport issued by the United States or a foreign government.

`(C) USCIS PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD- A photo identification card issued by the Secretary of Homeland Security (acting through the Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).'.

(b) Effective Date- The amendments made by subsection (a) shall take effect six months after the date of the enactment of this Act .
source
*edit for clarity*

As introduced to the House of Representatives... this would essentially be putting the proverbial "brakes" on Bank of America and their ability to extend credit to illegal aliens, as they have been for a while now.

I would suggest that people write to their congresspeople and "implore" or "urge" them to support/cosponsor this bill.

cosponsors

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What if, and I'm only speculating here...
So...
Just what if, this is a plan to collect data on immigrants.
Hear me out.
There could be a whole series of credit card id numbers specifically set aside for immigrants.
These id numbers could be in an INS/FBI/CIA watch list database.
Whenever any of these cards are used, the watch list is immediately notified and the whereabouts, actions, purchases and other data is collected and stored for later use.
Perhaps for observational or prosecutorial purposes.
Think about it.
In this increasingly electronic age, it's getting easier to track the information of all electronic purchases, what better way to keep an eye on illegals than to track all of their spending habits?

What do you all think?

top topics

join