It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Soon: ATS & The O'Hare UFO On TV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Congratulations Springer. Does anyone know if this will be seen on Australian Discovery Channel?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am sooooooooooo... happy its on a channel I can get.Many congrats to Springer on a job well done.I am very proud to be a member here.The greatest minds on the web are right here at ATS.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would say that congratulations are in order for Springer and everyone else here who contributes. I think this is the perfect opportunity to help open more of the public's eyes. I just wonder if this will just be a one time thing or maybe it could be parlayed into something more.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'd just like to say, Thank you Springer for all your hard work.

I'll be watching.

Force Disclosure!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How awesome. I cannot wait to see this. This is one of those rare cases that no matter how much the scientific community and shadow gov wants to, they cannot simply explain it away with their ridiculous status quo debunkments. Too high profile a location, witnessed by way too many credible witnesses. I hope this creates a snowball effect.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
this calls for a w00t!

I hope they don't edit out all of the good stuff though, they seem to do that in a lot of these documentaries and then bring in a huge amount of debunkers at the end to sway the minds of the viewers.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Way cool springer, knock it out of the stratosphere for us.

I hope that there is a signifigant more amount of pics and video then what we have seen here.

What should we expect, 6 months to a year???

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Cool Springer's going to be doing the Chicago sighting stuff on behalf of ATS SkepticOverlord. Just hope there's enough meat in the story to ensure more ATS interest from Discovery next time.

Hey-hey Springer, !!! Make it work Sir

Dallas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Congratz & Thank You Springer....

Peace &
Good Fortune
OBE1

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Funky Monk - Impossible to say. Like other Australian networks, Foxtel generally wait to see what success a program receives in its native country before purchasing it to be scheduled locally. This is particularly relevant for a documentary on a 'fringe' subject like UFOlogy.

Being part of the same network means the program will be more readily available to Discovery Channel Australia, but it's no guarantee that it will air, and if it does it will probably be 6 to 12 months after the initial airing in the US.

I would recommend finding an online viewing option when the program is released rather than wait for Foxtel.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
WOW!
This is huge for not only the ATS staff, but the members also.

Congrats.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just think, The posters here today will be able to look back in a few years and say, "I miss the good old days when we had only a million visitors a month."

ATS is the future, and we're building it together. I love being a part of this site.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, I'm really impressed that ATS managed to arrange this.

With that said, I think that the involvement of ATS in this documentary will hurt disclosure more than help it. Think about it: people are going to watch the program, hear of ATS, then go to the website and see a bunch of crap like sleeper's thread. They are going to see ridiculous unsubstantiated claims like "The moon is hollow!" or "Reptilians control our government!" They are going to see that imaginative fantasy prevails over any sort of rational thought. Even though I strongly believe that UFOs represent something worth investigating, I sometimes doubt it after reading some of the nonsense on this site.

I don't mean to bruise anyone's ego, but I rather doubt that ATS will ever be viewed as a community for legitimate UFO investigation.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is such short notice!

I am going to need to get my suit dry-cleaned, a haircut and make some new Foil-Helmets!

Just kidding. This should be cool.

What I am most interested in, is finding out who the officials were that allowed, or ordered the story, and investigations to go away.

I would love to hear what they have to say on national TV.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Nice one Springer!! I have been a long time lurker of ATS, and am glad to see something so mainstream coming from the collection of talent that the site posesses.

Originally posted by funky monk
Does anyone know if this will be seen on Australian Discovery Channel?

It should be seeing as what we get on Discovery is pretty much a clone of the US Discovery Channel.

Can't wait to see it...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I found this anonymous quote and reply interesting:

>> Well, this is just wonderful for the prestige of ATS
>> but does this mean that Springer (and subsequently,
>> ATS) has had information that they have withheld
>> from their membership on the O' Hare sightings?

No doofus, it just means he's working to make ATS a viable resource for media channels that want to know what information is out there.

Was that not a valid question? Based on what we, ATS, has so far, why on earth would Discovery Channel be interested in this? IMO Discovery Channel has always been disinfo just like The Learning Channel, National Geographic, and The History Channel. All these channels are owned by MAJOR media outlets, either directly or indirectly, and they're all in bed with the government IMO. I'd like to know if the ATS management is worried at all about being part of a disinformation campaign. Could this blow up in ATS' face?

Peace

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Dr Love]

I have to agree with Dr. Love. I would like to know what additional information could possibly be out there that has not been discussed here. Based on what I have seen here, I am surprised the Discovery channel would want to take this on. There just doesn't seem to be enough to the story to make an entire show about it.

Another thing I find disturbing is SO's comment that there are other sources to this story that are known by ATS admins and they have not discussed them here.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Postal76

With that said, I think that the involvement of ATS in this documentary will hurt disclosure more than help it. Think about it: people are going to watch the program, hear of ATS, then go to the website and see a bunch of crap like sleeper's thread. They are going to see ridiculous unsubstantiated claims like "The moon is hollow!" or "Reptilians control our government!" They are going to see that imaginative fantasy prevails over any sort of rational thought. Even though I strongly believe that UFOs represent something worth investigating, I sometimes doubt it after reading some of the nonsense on this site.

I don't mean to bruise anyone's ego, but I rather doubt that ATS will ever be viewed as a community for legitimate UFO investigation.

Nothing from the above will happen so do not worry.
In that case though, i would fear if any government, starting realising the importance and the influence ATS will have to pose at the future, would place minions to support the disinformation...

Remember me, more will come and that's for sure.

As far as the ignorance?
I have looked up the wikipedia files thousand times more from the time i am member of ATS, so there is no worry but to deny ignorance...

Concerning the ''stupid'' theories?
Since ATS will be the spotlight, more and more scientists/researchers will spare time to look into these theories and initiate their own projects

What is ATS in a few words?
Different perspective

Happy to feel these moments

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Oooo... yeah, actually you have a point here. There is a lot of crap that gets thrown around ATS that is pure fantasy, way more than in other forums like Mufon's forum or The Paracasts's forum, probably because there are so many more people here.

I hope that doesn't turn important people off if they happen to come here only having experiences with, lets say, 'normal' UFO interest. It almost turned me off when I first came to ATS, even though I was thoroughly used to forums and the typical bunk that gets thrown around. ATS is a whole 'nother level. But its a risk I think one has to take, because ATS has so many members and so much potential to sway minds... one way or the other.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation

Oooo... yeah, actually you have a point here. There is a lot of crap that gets thrown around ATS that is pure fantasy, way more than in other forums like Mufon's forum or The Paracasts's forum, probably because there are so many more people here.

I hope that doesn't turn important people off if they happen to come here only having experiences with, lets say, 'normal' UFO interest. It almost turned me off when I first came to ATS, even though I was thoroughly used to forums and the typical bunk that gets thrown around. ATS is a whole 'nother level. But its a risk I think one has to take, because ATS has so many members and so much potential to sway minds... one way or the other.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by BallOfPopulation]

I've been saying that since before the O'Hare Incident. If something big does happen (which it now has), a lot more people are going to be coming to this site. Unless a lot of the fictional-being-portrayed-as-truth content is removed, or put in it's own forum, it will give ATS the exact same public image and stereotype that already comes with being a UFOlogist. I won't say any more on this issue, because i've argued about it with Springer before

As far as this TV slot goes, i'm glad to hear it. The O'Hare Incident falls into the same category as the Phoenix Lights, Roswell etc and deserves some media attention.

I do hold the same questions as Dr Love though... a well respected TV channel wouldn't create a UFO program on the data we have been shown here. What more is there that you know that we don't?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
... Unless a lot of the fictional-being-portrayed-as-truth content is removed, or put in it's own forum...

If you and BoP, were insightful enough to separate the 'wheat from the chaff ', does it not follow, others will have similar skills?

Regardless of whether certain threads 'ring true' , can it not be entertaining or educational ( if nothing else, as a window on the state of ufology )?

Do we really want members, who only give a cursory skim of the site?

I would think, it's the visitors that tend to dig a little deeper, and make informed opinions, who would make the better addition to ATS.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join