It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 24 series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its not enough to watch jack bauer but you must love him!

It is my opinion that 24 is actually propaganda disseminated by the upper echelon of government through hollywood. For one thing all the right wing neocon authority worshipping sheep love this show. I read many conservative forums and they all mention how great that show is

You may ask how is it propaganda?
I would say that becuase it fits in line with the objectives of the bush administration like a glove. here you have a counter terrorist agent who tortures people for information. you have bush authorizing torture for enemy combatants

Even the Nazi's couldn't do better than this show its brilliant

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibm5100
Its not enough to watch jack bauer but you must love him!

It is my opinion that 24 is actually propaganda disseminated by the upper echelon of government through hollywood. For one thing all the right wing neocon authority worshipping sheep love this show. I read many conservative forums and they all mention how great that show is

You may ask how is it propaganda?
I would say that becuase it fits in line with the objectives of the bush administration like a glove. here you have a counter terrorist agent who tortures people for information. you have bush authorizing torture for enemy combatants

Even the Nazi's couldn't do better than this show its brilliant

Wow... that's one hell of a leap right there...

Mr Rogers also fits in with the Bush model of citizen and country... but i don't think his show was a scripted agenda.

Besides that, I have about 20 friends that love the show and none could be farther from the type of viewer you describe.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That's a pretty one-dimensional assessment in my view. Sure, Jack tortures people for information. Like any government doesn't. May not be public knowledge but come on. If you watch 24 you'll see that a major plot line is that some elected official decides to go outside their authority "for the good of the country" and their actions create a disaster and good ol Jack has to save the day. Last season it was the President who was the bad guy. You think Bush & Co. like that thinking? And this season you have a Chief of Staff and VP with an agenda to initiate martial law (which, of course will be thwarted by CTU et al)

Nope, not buying your argument. Great show though. If only Jack Bauer, House and Alan Shore were real life would be better in the USA. IMHO, of course.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I love the 24-Bush connections that are made.

Ive only seen 1 season and this one so far but the President was guilty of treason last year. Maybe thats inline with the lib agenda against Bush?

Just last night they showed the Muslims were just pawns for the Russians. I dont know whos agenda that one is.

Its just a TV show man. You can turn it off anytime.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
just throwing out ideas. i sort of wonder who will be considered terrorists after the middleast is won. I would hate to see these new rules installed by bush& co used on american citizens.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Ive only seen 1 season and this one so far but the President was guilty of treason last year. Maybe thats inline with the lib agenda against Bush?

Just last night they showed the Muslims were just pawns for the Russians. I dont know whos agenda that one is.

Can you imagine them making a show where muslim terrorists were pawns for Israel? You talkin about ppl gettin mad and people gettin fired and sued.

Ahhh yes,,,the wonderful hypocritical argument

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Can you imagine them making a show where muslim terrorists were pawns for Israel? You talkin about ppl gettin mad and people gettin fired and sued.

Ahhh yes,,,the wonderful hypocritical argument

Oh yeah, thats what I was totally thinking when I saw that Russian guy come on. I was wondering how many of these groups that got all upset that Muslims were being portrayed as terrorists on TV would start crying RACISM! once they saw that white people were in charge.

This being 24 and all Im sure the Russian connection will completely change by the end of the season. I love the government shadow group stuff though. Thats priceless.

new topics

top topics

join