It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joint Chiefs Chairman: Evidence of Iranian Ivolvement in Iraq Inconclusive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Peter Pace, said on Tuesday that the evidence of Iranian involvement in Iraq is inconclusive. He made this statement following the White House's contrary affirmation on Monday that they believed Iran was supplying militiamen in Iraq with bombs.

www.msnbc.msn.com
A top U.S. general said Tuesday there was no evidence the Iranian government was supplying Iraqi insurgents with highly lethal roadside bombs, apparently contradicting claims by other U.S. military and administration officials.

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. forces hunting down militant networks that produced roadside bombs had arrested Iranians and that some of the material used in the devices were made in Iran.

"That does not translate that the Iranian government per se, for sure, is directly involved in doing this," Pace told reporters in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta. "What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is not proof that Iran is not involved, and I don't want people to take this story as standing for that premise. However, it is important because it shows me that the US government here is proceeding with deliberate caution as it moves forward on this, and there is a raging and open debate on the implications of this evidence happening.

This is precisely what many allege was lacking during the run-up to the Iraq war, but here it is on full display. To the doubters, I have to ask why the White House did not silence Pace's statements, if they are trying to drum up support for action in Iran? He is too large and credible of a figure to be seen countering an official line.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Who's gonna get fired soon? Not fired... just replaced, like Colin Powell was. If they go to war with those engineered ``proof`` they are worse than I though... at least they could create a false-flag operation as Brewzinski pointed out, that's what he may have warned, that a false-flag was in the works.

After all, everyone is against this war except warmongerers boot licking people, i'm not pointing fingers at anyone...

If there's a war, send everyone who supports it there so they can die for their ideas. Yes, send CFR members, send Oreilly and his fans, send Limbaugh with his fans, send all the evangelicals who believe it's a war against Islam... less extremists and warmongerers in this world will only help.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The bush administration is going nowhere in Iran. The military is turning against him. People this high don't say things like this for nothing or this publically. You might as well count it as a warning to bush minor that the military is not behind him this time. I mean the guy is a Marine... seriously, this is serious.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There's not even any indication that these mortars are being made in Iran.

See evidence in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And check this out:

What Really Happened

This web page is being waved around to "prove" that Iran does make 81mm mortar rounds like the one the US Government is trying to use to justify an invasion of Iran.

Take a good look at the soldiers and weapons at the very top of the page. They look Iranian to you? And why does an Iranian company put together a web page where their own country is obscured from view on that world map?

Check the spelling on the tabs. "Miscellancous"? And Tehran is spelled "Tahran" on the contact page. This web page was assembled in a rush.

IRAMIG

This is embarrassing!

new topics

top topics

join