It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America's New Credit Card Targets Illegal Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm just curious, who will end up paying when the illegals run up their charge card balance then go beck to wherever they came from. You have to remember that manyof the illegals also are using fraudulant documents.

Who will pay.

Oh that's right, it will be all the people that havn't fled the country. My advice would be to get rid of your credit cards at that bank and start an account where you won't get stuck with that problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by souls
How is it that it is spiraling out of control? I think it is a good idea. If there are people that by law are considered "illegal", living in this country, It's a very good idea to provide them with the same basic rights as driving licenses and such. They are not going anywhere, so what you want is that they remain unidentified and fly under the radar as they have for years. You should understand that the majority of these people are honest, hard working people who like you and your ancestors and mine, seek a better opportunity and life. You are not complaining when the European forefathers murdered the Natives for their land.

Even if they are honest,hard working people your missing the point. THEY ARE ILLEGAL! There is a process in witch they can become American citizens and do it the right way. Why reward these people and break the rules for them because they broke the law and are here illegally. The process for becoming an American is becoming useless. My tax dollars are paying for them to live on well fare and its not fair that I pay taxes and they don't have to. They still get to reap the benefits of being an American without following the rules and paying taxes.That is not honest !
If they were honest they would be living in America the right way. As a legal citizen paying taxes. And if they want better opportunity they need to fix their problem in their own country not wreck our economy. This country is turning into a free for all and it is going to ruin it for all of us if someone does not put a stop to it. I'm not saying I don't want them here. I just don't want them here illegally living the American dream without contributing to it.

If you put it this way, all Americans in the U.S. are illegal. Europeans occupied a continent that was already inhabited. This is the land of the Native Americans. Greed and power claimed the land through bloodshed and force. You're wrong, illegal immigrants do pay taxes and they are never returned to them hence the only thing that your tax dollars and theirs are paying for, are to fund corporate greed, manipulation, and wars. Another point if they were benefiting from the same things as you, do you think they would be fighting for something that will help your government keep track of them, and help it tax them properly. I do understand that by law, they are illegal but this whole world breaks the rules to benefit it. I am 100% sure that you have broken the law many times, meaning you yourself are illegal.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Souls -

That's not a label.

The US is a country of laws.

There is a legal way to enter the United States.

'They' choose to ignore US law and come here illegally.

You mentioned that people will do anything to survive....that is correct....but here in the states we had our Civil War.

Maybe all these people should go back home and work on getting their goverment straightened out by having a revolution!

Maybe if 'they' were standing up and fighting for themselves they would receive more support from Americans......now all they are doing is draining and destroying a system which Americans died creating.

It's impossible when a superpower has its hand in play with the government. All the corruption that exist in Mexico is due to the drug wars. If there wasn't so much demand for drugs from the US, their would be no supply from Mexico but we all know that is not the case. It's all the funding of who knows what. All the votes will not make a difference if your government is already corrupt. They don't care about the people. As far as the US a country of laws, where are they being enforced when that country manufactures evidence to justify it's actions, lies in your face on national television, and goes home to it's wife, dog and white picket fence. Draining and destroying a system!? Where is your evidence for that. Your politicians and your trillion dollar corporations are the ones destroying your beloved system.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Who will pay...Oh that's right, it will be all the people that havn't fled the country.

wrong, the banks are insured against defaulted credit, so the bank gets its money back either way

..illegal immigrants do pay taxes and they are never returned to them..

These people will be spending money on daily essentials at the store just as you or I, and will be 'indirectly taxed' via VAT/Sales-Tax on most items bought.

Whilst the majority of illegal immigrants wont be able to claim welfare benefits that direct-tax dollars pay for, you still benefit from the indirect-tax collected on most of the purchases that they make.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This has got to be the lowest of the lows!

Cya BoA, I'm closing my account. You mean to tell me that while the rest of America suffers, terrified that they have to pay their bills on time lest it show up on their credit report, that illegals can now get credit cards without SS numbers? WHAT????????????????????????

BoA, you can kiss my royal flaming tush!

No SS= no credit report. No credit report= no lasting retribution against defaulters. No lasting retribution= higher interest rates ultimately for those that DO have to use their SS numbers to obtain credit. And that= 99.9% of Americans. Sick I tell ya, SICK!

So what, are they now going to have a separate credit reporting bureau for those without SS numbers? I doubt it, seeing as they'll never be able to track them all down. What's to stop an illegal from running up $10,000 in charges and taking off? Any other person tried that and there IS lasting retribution against the SS number! Judgements, garnishments, and even raids and seizures of property. All cause of the SS#. But nope, not for the illegals! They're special! I swear to God I am so over illegals I'm about ready to start shooting. And maybe the BoA is a good place to start.

Triple

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

How is it that it is spiraling out of control? I think it is a good idea. If there are people that by law are considered "illegal", living in this country, It's a very good idea to provide them with the same basic rights as driving licenses and such. They are not going anywhere, so what you want is that they remain unidentified and fly under the radar as they have for years. You should understand that the majority of these people are honest, hard working people who like you and your ancestors and mine, seek a better opportunity and life. You are not complaining when the European forefathers murdered the Natives for their land.

Even if they are honest,hard working people your missing the point. THEY ARE ILLEGAL! There is a process in witch they can become American citizens and do it the right way. Why reward these people and break the rules for them because they broke the law and are here illegally. The process for becoming an American is becoming useless. My tax dollars are paying for them to live on well fare and its not fair that I pay taxes and they don't have to. They still get to reap the benefits of being an American without following the rules and paying taxes.That is not honest !
If they were honest they would be living in America the right way. As a legal citizen paying taxes. And if they want better opportunity they need to fix their problem in their own country not wreck our economy. This country is turning into a free for all and it is going to ruin it for all of us if someone does not put a stop to it. I'm not saying I don't want them here. I just don't want them here illegally living the American dream without contributing to it.

If you put it this way, all Americans in the U.S. are illegal. Europeans occupied a continent that was already inhabited. This is the land of the Native Americans. Greed and power claimed the land through bloodshed and force. You're wrong, illegal immigrants do pay taxes and they are never returned to them hence the only thing that your tax dollars and theirs are paying for, are to fund corporate greed, manipulation, and wars. Another point if they were benefiting from the same things as you, do you think they would be fighting for something that will help your government keep track of them, and help it tax them properly. I do understand that by law, they are illegal but this whole world breaks the rules to benefit it. I am 100% sure that you have broken the law many times, meaning you yourself are illegal.

They do not pay taxes on their under the table paychecks they get. They do pay taxes on items they buy. big whoop! It hardly covers their emergency room bills and well fare checks that they do not contribute to.

And the whole trying to turn the table thing your doing is lame and does not work on me. You can not dig up old history or personally attack me to justify illegal immigrants being here. There is NO excuse for this to be tolerated. I love my country and people like you are the reason it is being torn apart. Why can they not try to better their own country? Furthermore they are not here with American pride and the betterment of our country on their minds. They are here to tear apart what Americans have worked so hard for and to manipulate our system. I still believe in the American dream and will never give up on my country no matter how many comments you make to put it down.
Bottom line illegals are not supposed to be here period. They are here to take advantage of our country and giving them credit cards,drivers license and workers comp is sending the wrong message and only adding to the problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_RealityThey do not pay taxes on their under the table paychecks they get. They do pay taxes on items they buy. big whoop! It hardly covers their emergency room bills and well fare checks that they do not contribute to.

And the whole trying to turn the table thing your doing is lame and does not work on me. You can not dig up old history or personally attack me to justify illegal immigrants being here. There is NO excuse for this to be tolerated. I love my country and people like you are the reason it is being torn apart. Why can they not try to better their own country? Furthermore they are not here with American pride and the betterment of our country on their minds. They are here to tear apart what Americans have worked so hard for and to manipulate our system. I still believe in the American dream and will never give up on my country no matter how many comments you make to put it down.
Bottom line illegals are not supposed to be here period. They are here to take advantage of our country and giving them credit cards,drivers license and workers comp is sending the wrong message and only adding to the problem.

What about the not-under the table paychecks. Where is that money going? I'm not talking about taxes to goods, that's irrelevant here. If the healthcare system were reformed, those bills, in fact anybody's bills wether legal or otherwise, would be low. Bringing up history is important because that is the basis of all arguments. If it hurts to hear the truth then so be it. And to get it straight, I'm not trying to put down any country, like I said it's the truth not my opinion. And yes, you should prepare your bomb shelter because "illegal immigrants", and people like me are here to destroy what "Americans" have worked so hard for and we are here to manipulate your system. Were are going to start off by posting comments on ATS then the world!!!!Tell everybody, sound the alarms, everybody take cover!!! The illegal immigrants are coming!!!! (and people like me)

[edit on 13-2-2007 by souls]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I swear to God I am so over illegals I'm about ready to start shooting. And maybe the BoA is a good place to start.

Triple

Funny how you just say that but you would never act on it. You really don't have the balls.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_RealityThey do not pay taxes on their under the table paychecks they get. They do pay taxes on items they buy. big whoop! It hardly covers their emergency room bills and well fare checks that they do not contribute to.

What about the not-under the table paychecks. Where is that money going? I'm not talking about taxes to goods, that's irrelevant here. If the healthcare system were reformed, those bills, in fact anybody's bills wether legal or otherwise, would be low. Bringing up history is important because that is the basis of all arguments. If it hurts to hear the truth then so be it. And to get it straight, I'm not trying to put down any country, like I said it's the truth not my opinion. And yes, you should prepare your bomb shelter because "illegal immigrants", and people like me are here to destroy what "Americans" have worked so hard for and we are here to manipulate your system. Were are going to start off by posting comments on ATS then the world!!!!Tell everybody, sound the alarms, everybody take cover!!! The illegal immigrants are coming!!!! (and people like me)

If they are illegal than they have no SS# therefore can not legally hold a job,fill out a W2 or pay taxes.

And yes, you should prepare your bomb shelter because "illegal immigrants", and people like me are here to destroy what "Americans" have worked so hard for and we are here to manipulate your system. Were are going to start off by posting comments on ATS then the world!!!!Tell everybody, sound the alarms, everybody take cover!!! The illegal immigrants are coming!!!! (and people like me)

Bring it!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You should know yourself that some use fake ss# or they are simply random. The taxes for those numbers are lost. But where?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You should know yourself that some use fake ss# or they are simply random. The taxes for those numbers are lost. But where?
Paying for the over populated jails full of illegal immigrants.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Funny how you just say that but you would never act on it. You really don't have the balls.

I wouldn't bet on that, if I were you.

What's really lame on your part is how you chose to comment on that, and not on the other issue I brought up. It is now fair for illegals to have no real lasting credit consequences for their defaults, while the rest of Americans stay pinned under the threat of a bad credit report if they default? And what the heck happened to common accepted lending practices, which include the standard for banking institutions to require credit checks? I've heard of "buy here pay here" car lots, but this is rediculous.

Or is that simply to deep for such a shallow mind to understand? If I don't have the balls, clearly you don't have the marbles.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What's really lame on your part is how you chose to comment on that, and not on the other issue I brought up. It is now fair for illegals to have no real lasting credit consequences for their defaults, while the rest of Americans stay pinned under the threat of a bad credit report if they default? And what the heck happened to common accepted lending practices, which include the standard for banking institutions to require credit checks? I've heard of "buy here pay here" car lots, but this is rediculous.

Or is that simply to deep for such a shallow mind to understand? If I don't have the balls, clearly you don't have the marbles.

I agree. There is an obvious lack of accountability when it comes to giving out credit cards to illegals. They WILL take advantage of this and it will ultimately fall back on us. Its not fair that they can have free money with no repercussions. And if I'm late or my budget is tight and I miss a few payments my credit report is damaged making it hard for me to get insurance or rent/buy a house or almost anything else anymore.

DISCRIMINATION!

I can see the lines at the Western Unions now full of illegals with shinny new cards to swipe and send to their relatives in Mexico.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What's really lame on your part is how you chose to comment on that, and not on the other issue I brought up. It is now fair for illegals to have no real lasting credit consequences for their defaults, while the rest of Americans stay pinned under the threat of a bad credit report if they default? And what the heck happened to common accepted lending practices, which include the standard for banking institutions to require credit checks? I've heard of "buy here pay here" car lots, but this is ridiculous.

Are you asking to be taken seriously!? How can anybody take you serious if when you can't solve a problem, you'd rather just reach for your gun and start shooting hoping it will go away. Typical coward. Believe me, giving credit cards to immigrants is a bad idea, I agree. It's a bad idea in the first place in general. What kind of concept is that you spend the money that you don't even have! Then pay back even more than what you spend. The only good behind having credit, is if you are going to invest, not pay for random things. They are just numbers on a computer screen. What I argue is basic rights such as licenses, working permits, equal opportunity is what it is. Who cares about credit.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
While I haven't read the WSJ article so I don't know the details but as a foreigner myself I would happily grab the chance to get a bank account with a credit card in the US.

I agree that the illegal immigrants might be the intended target population of this BoA idea, but I'm not willing to accept that there are no checks and no need to post valid identity documents when opening an account. That would be almost criminally insane - and what would keep US citizens and other legal residents from opening accounts, getting their credit card and then just stop paying the bills? That would sound like a good way to get some extra cash without any chance of being caught easily. Or just grab some wino from a nearby alley, get him to the bank and just use the account(s) he opened to your own purposes - not even the bank security cameras would have your picture.
No, that just doesn't fly.

I might be tempted to go to the nearby Wells Fargo branch and ask about opening an account without a SSN, since I am currently in Santa Clara, CA...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Unless this is a sting operation like some have suggested who ever came up with the idea to give credit cards to illegal aliens must be a few bricks shy of load.
Assuming that a alien dosnt pay his/her bill in time just what is the Bank of America going to do ?
Chances are the alien would have given the bank a false address and other false info.

If it is illegal to give aid to aliens in the US isnt the Bank of America committing a crime ?
Surely giving aid of any kid to law breakers is a crime ?

[edit on 13-2-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Are you asking to be taken seriously!? How can anybody take you serious if when you can't solve a problem, you'd rather just reach for your gun and start shooting hoping it will go away.

The Bush administration has taught me well in that regard.

Typical coward.

You better be glad you're on an internet board calling me a coward. And it's sad you picked this site to do it on. Mods don't take too kindly to that round here. Usually.

Believe me, giving credit cards to immigrants is a bad idea, I agree. It's a bad idea in the first place in general. What kind of concept is that you spend the money that you don't even have! Then pay back even more than what you spend. The only good behind having credit, is if you are going to invest, not pay for random things. They are just numbers on a computer screen. What I argue is basic rights such as licenses, working permits, equal opportunity is what it is. Who cares about credit.

I didn't figure you'd have an answer, and so instead you're now going to go on some diatribe about how credit is bad in general? Who cares about credit? lol, coulda sworn that's what the thread was about.
Ahhh, no. Try again. Strike one.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well Trueamerican, I think we should go to the BoA and open accounts and refuse to give SS#'s. Then we can borrow huge sums of money and not give a damn about paying it back, what do you think?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well Trueamerican, I think we should go to the BoA and open accounts and refuse to give SS#'s. Then we can borrow huge sums of money and not give a damn about paying it back, what do you think?

If it turns out to be that easy I think we would still not qualify because we are not illegals
I think they will require an illegal id

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

HA. lol, funny you should mention that! I thought about it earlier, I swear! And what happens when they refuse to open a checking account or give you a CC without your SS#??? Ahhhh, wait! I speak fluent spanish. hehehehehe, sneaky me. Now the possibilities are endless....

But they shouldn't be. That's the point. We might not agree on much Xphiles, but I'd be more than happy to join you on that venture anyday!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join