It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hypothetical reaction to extraterrestrial presence from religious organizations

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
rich1974

you right man, its in the plural not the singular us,our,them, well who? Angels maybe its funny how people get that one wrong!!!




posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Truly believing in aliens and Christianity is mutually exclusive. You can not believe in both.

A true believing Christian believes in God and that God's Word in the Bible is the absolute truth. Anything less than this does not make that person a proper Christian. They have to believe every detail in the Bible to be true, as God would not lie. Therefore, they need to believe Genesis is true.

Now, on the first Day of Creation, God created the heaven and the Earth.

God did not get around to creating other stars until Day 4 of Creation week! God clearly put the Earth as priority in all of His Creation, as He left the stars until later. Furthermore, He created the stars to "divide the day and the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years". He did not create the stars to support other planetary life. The Bible clearly does not mention other life on those star systems or on what Day it was supposedly made.

Creation Day 5, God got around to making water creatures, etc...

Creation Day 6, God finally made animals and MAN (in his image) and gave MAN dominion over everything on the Earth.

Now, where did God find time to make aliens? It's not mentioned in the Bible, as it never happened according to the Christian beliefs! God made Earth first, He even grew plants on Day 3, before MAN, but no mention of aliens.

"Thus the heavens and the Earth were finished, and all the host of them."

Zealot Christians, if you want to believe the dogma, then you have to swallow Genesis as being true, which means that you have to believe in a literal 6 Day Creation Week (as it is God's true Word). It's clear that aliens were not created in Creation Week, as life was only present on Earth.

The astounding crap that is written in the Bible amazes me. So does the selective nature that many Christians 'choose' to believe only the fairy-tales that please them and are easy to explain. It's amazing the number of Christians that don't believe in Genesis, yet still claim to believe God's Word as being true... right...

So, believe in the Bible if you like, but you can't logically also believe in extraterrestrial aliens at the same time. They contradict each other according to Genesis.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the church of subgenius has no doctrinal conflict accepting aliens



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Ahem, it also "smacks of stupidity" to limit God's creation to earth and humans.


The Bible itself limits God's creation to the Earth and Humans. It smacks of stupidity to believe otherwise. You read Genesis and tell me where it says that other beings were created and on which Day it happened?

Where in the Bible does it state the Creation Day that aliens were created? Where in the Bible does it state that aliens were created in the image of God? Many eyewitness accounts of aliens describe them as NOT BEING HUMAN.

The Bible states that before Adam's sin there was no death. Jesus was born to atone for MAN's sins, as a result of Adam being naughty.

So, according to the Bible, aliens could not have died before Adam's sin either (if they were even created by God). Which means that aliens could not have lived (and died) before MAN. So, after Adam's sin, death was introduced and Jesus was sent as the lamb for MAN.

So, if Jesus died for MAN, which the Bible claims, then who died for the salvation of the aliens? They too would have been afflicted by Adam's sin, so they wouldn't be 'very good' either.

The Bible was written by MEN based on lucid fairy-tales of dark ages understanding about the nature of the Universe. The Bible is not a document that is structured to incorporate anything other than MAN being alone in the Universe and being created by God. The Bible can not logically support the existence of alien beigns from other planets, it is full of contradictory holes and false arguments.

It's all insidious dogma that has been perpetuated throughout the ages and is firmly entrenched as part of government control mechanisms to subdue the populace into pliable civilians.
You have voted tezzajw for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Truly believing in aliens and Christianity is mutually exclusive. You can not believe in both.

What is this? The Eleventh Commandment? Show me where in the Bible it says that.


Originally posted by tezzajw
A true believing Christian believes in God and that God's Word in the Bible is the absolute truth. Anything less than this does not make that person a proper Christian. They have to believe every detail in the Bible to be true, as God would not lie. Therefore, they need to believe Genesis is true.

You've got your hat on backwards, Tezz. Christians believe in Christ (hence the name Christian), and the entire story of Christ, from birth to death to Resurrection, is in the New Testament. The New Testament describes a totally different relationship between Man and God than is described in the Old Testament — that is to say, in the Old Testament, God dealt directly with mankind, dispensing reward and punishment on the spot; If you crossed God in the Old Testament, God would smite your ass, flatten your city, send a plague against your land and so forth. You had to kill goats and burn them on altars to appease God in the Old Testament.

In the New Testament, Christ takes on the burden of mankind's sins, which gives people a choice of receiving reward or punishment. Choose to believe in Christ, you're saved, you go to Heaven. Choose not to believe in Christ, you're damned, you go to Hell. The New Testament describes a radically different and more sophisticated God than the barbaric goat-smoking God of the Old Testament.

Even Jesus Christ Himself didn't understand God completely. When Christ was dying on the cross, one of the last things he said (according to the Gospels) was: "Father, why hast thou forsaken me??" A question that has never been answered, as far as I know. Who can presume to answer for God?

So, no, you don't have to even understand the Old Testament to be Christian, Tezz. You should know this, considering that you sell Christian books on Ebay.


Originally posted by tezzajw
The astounding crap that is written in the Bible amazes me. So does the selective nature that many Christians 'choose' to believe only the fairy-tales that please them and are easy to explain. It's amazing the number of Christians that don't believe in Genesis, yet still claim to believe God's Word as being true.

Tezz, you haven't read the Bible, and you can't know what the Bible is about by reading Genesis alone. So, you're amazed by the crap in Genesis. So what? Genesis is so full of holes, it's obvious that it's just a compilation of savage folklore from around the Middle East, circa 1000 to 4000 BC. Plus, it's been heavily edited by everybody who had the authority to edit it, which makes it even more convoluted.

You say that you must know your enemy, but you don't even know the first thing about Christianity, which makes your hatred ignorant, at best, and hypocritical, at worst. I'm saying this with no reservation, and I'm not even a religious person — I'm just informed.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/14/2007 by Doc Velocity]



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You have voted Doc Velocity for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Well said Doc!


One point of contention though:
You said: "Even Jesus Christ Himself didn't understand God completely. When Christ was dying on the cross, one of the last things he said (according to the Gospels) was: "Father, why hast thou forsaken me??" A question that has never been answered, as far as I know. Who can presume to answer for God?"

I don't know if I would/could say that Jesus was being rhetorical there.... but I'd encourage you to re-read Psalm 22. He's teaching us moreso than crying out to the Father for understanding... if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Many of these guys would rather believe the powers that be are holding back disclosure because of the religous community. That's why you'll get someone who admits to skipping 58 out of 60 books trying to school you/us on what Scripture says and what "real Christians" should believe. I am not aware of any anti-ET Scriptures or interpretations there-of... but they assure us its there. Hard argument to win, nay impossible imho.

Again nice post brother.

Regards and God bless,
-Rob

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Rren]



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   


Zealot Christians, if you want to believe the dogma, then you have to swallow Genesis as being true, which means that you have to believe in a literal 6 Day Creation Week (as it is God's true Word). It's clear that aliens were not created in Creation Week, as life was only present on Earth.


Teaz you astound me by your close mindedness, how bout you go back and read Genesis in the Original Hebrew, and stop quoting beliefs that your relatives tried shove down your throte over the past couple years. There are many different perspectives on whether there was a literal 7 day creation whithin the christian and catholic curch.

READ ME TEZ LINK 1

TEZ READ ME TO LINK 2

TEZ READ ME LINK 3

[edit on 14-2-2007 by mindrewind2002]



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Tezz, you haven't read the Bible, and you can't know what the Bible is about by reading Genesis alone. So, you're amazed by the crap in Genesis. So what? Genesis is so full of holes, it's obvious that it's just a compilation of savage folklore from around the Middle East, circa 1000 to 4000 BC. Plus, it's been heavily edited by everybody who had the authority to edit it, which makes it even more convoluted.
— Doc Velocity
[edit on 2/14/2007 by Doc Velocity]


Doc Velocity: No, I am not selling Christian Books on eBay. I am selling Christian Cassette Tapes. Don't believe second-hand testimony from other people unless you can independently verify it.

Why would I want to read the whole book, when the opening chapter (Genesis) is fatally flawed and just plain wrong? It does not bode well for the accuracy of the rest of the book, when the opening premise that God created the Universe is wrong! Genesis starts the rot of lies, the whole book is polluted with disinformation from the start - it has no authority to be true when its underlying principals are false.

Right, you explain it so well that Christians follow Jesus Christ and not God's Word. Sure, no problem. That really makes your argument bullet-proof. So Christians are allowed to ignore all of the crap in the Old Testament, as it's clear that God's Word there has been distorted, but they're allowed to accept the crap in the New Testament, as that's where Jesus sets things straight.

That has to be the greatest attempt at washing one's hands of all conflicting evidence for divine creation, when it is far more convenient to only accept a part of God's Word rather than swallow the whole lot in one big gulp.

When I ask most Christians if God created life, the Universe, everything, etc... they usually answer "Yes". They tell me that it is in Genesis that God created everything. Or, they often answer "It's in the Bible". But, if you're prepared to admit that Genesis is obviously 'savage folklore', then it has no authority on even trying to explain the presence and purpose for life, the Universe and everything.

I won't post much more on this thread. I know that I'll never end an argument with dogmatic, zealot Christians who selectively edit their beliefs when it is convenient to do so. I will effectively be banging my head against the wall and my time is far better spent on other more interesting UFO threads in this forum.

Genesis does not allow aliens to exist.

[edit on 14-2-2007 by tezzajw]



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Why would I want to read the whole book, when the opening chapter (Genesis) is fatally flawed and just plain wrong? It does not bode well for the accuracy of the rest of the book, when the opening premise that God created the Universe is wrong! Genesis starts the rot of lies, the whole book is polluted with disinformation from the start - it has no authority to be true when its underlying principals are false.

See, Tezz, your failing here is that you don't understand that the Bible was written by many authors, over perhaps a 3000 year span of time. It wasn't written by one person, taking dictation from God, okay? The stuff in the Old Testament was very, very old even before Jesus was born. And the various "books" of the Bible circulated as separate pieces of writing for ages before they were compiled into one book.

So, you can't read Genesis alone and know that the rest of the Bible is "fatally flawed" — The writer(s) of Genesis came from a much, much earlier Middle Eastern civilization than the writers of, say, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the New Testament. The Bible is a compilation of material from many different sources, so you can't draw conclusions about the New Testament by reading one book of the Old Testament.


Originally posted by tezzajw
When I ask most Christians if God created life, the Universe, everything, etc... they usually answer "Yes". They tell me that it is in Genesis that God created everything. Or, they often answer "It's in the Bible". But, if you're prepared to admit that Genesis is obviously 'savage folklore', then it has no authority on even trying to explain the presence and purpose for life, the Universe and everything.

Well, my guess is that you don't know nor talk with many Christians at all, and the few Christians in your circle must be mentally retarded to just accept Genesis without question. I mean, most Christians that I know were asking the obvious questions from childhood: What about the dinosaurs? How could Cain take a wife when there were no other people? and so forth. The Christians I know have had to think hard about the Bible — especially the Old Testament — and they go on studying it throughout their lives. Only a closed-circuit automaton would simply accept Genesis without question.

Maybe that's the source of your confusion, Tezz... Perhaps the only Christians you know are brain-damaged idiots who are incapable of rational thought. Most Christians in my experience are very intelligent, open-minded and unafraid of asking questions and searching for answers.


Originally posted by tezzajw
I will effectively be banging my head against the wall and my time is far better spent on other more interesting UFO threads in this forum.

We shall see, I guess. Good luck with spending your time better.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/14/2007 by Doc Velocity]




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join