It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

explain this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
can someone explain the mayan god to me or is it the pharaohs or something. And how can they tell us the future if its not the real god that we believe in islam,chrisianity and judism?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

if its not the real god that we believe in islam,chrisianity and judism?

The "real" God lives in believers who do unto others and they would have done unto them. Some are true to that without being catagorized under titles. Many people say they believe, but, their actions are not that of believers. God is the supreme judge of the "content of our character".

Others may look at America and say that we are not serving the "real" God. Not just America, but, look at the world, considering the reality of the dire mess and tell me just who do you think is serving the "real" God.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by s3b4k
can someone explain the mayan god to me or is it the pharaohs or something. And how can they tell us the future if its not the real god that we believe in islam,chrisianity and judism?

I'm an atheist, but I wonder why you assume that any particular ruling deity is different than another? Why couldn't the god of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism have manifested as a Mayan god as well? If "God" is meant to be omnipotent, surely this is not outside of his ability.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
can yo umake the question a little more specific ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Mispost...sorry

[edit on 19-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 19-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by s3b4k

There wasn't just one 'God' in Mayan religion, there were many. I don't know heaps about them but a quick Google Search brought up this site which looks as though it contains information on the gods and goddesses, as well as their counterparts in other religions.

And the Mayans didn't use 'divine' knowledge to interpret the future. Their predictions were based on observing the forces of nature, the Earth and the stars.

And I agree with djmcewen regarding 'God'. Considering most religions say there is only one God, why can't the one god be the same for all the religions, but interpreted differently.
I have a Muslim friend who told me that Islam shares alot in common with Christianity regarding the origins of everything. They had Adam and Eve, 7 days etc etc. And in their religion they Jesus is considered a prophet (though not God's son). But when I asked him if he thought the Christian God and Allah were the same but interpreted differently he said its possible... but no.
From my point of view (as an atheist) its like looking at an orange. Some people call it a nectarine, or a satsuma, or a citrus fruit... but at the end of the day its still an orange.

top topics

join