It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shotgun shells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
hello i was wondering do shotgun shells leave any sort of signature like a standard bullet would leave i searched the net and couldn't find any info on the topic perhaps someone here would know?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If your barrel is rifled the pellets may pick up some of that as marking but since the pellets fly out banging against each other as well as the barrel I doubt any markings would be traceable to anything.

BTW, its insanely stupid to shoot shot through a rifled slug barrel. Dont do it.
Not that you would but thats the only way any weapon speciffic marking could end up on your shot.

So, if your just shooting a smooth-bore with an open choke your shot looks exactly like the next guys and so on.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
thank you so much its has been a quston on my mind for a long time

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Go here, science.howstuffworks.com...

and you will see a breakdown of a shot shell, notice that the shot is in a wad, this holds the shot thought out the barrel travel, peeling off right after it leaves the barrel.

More intel.

www.tacticalshotgun.ca...

a shotgun equipped with a rifled barrel is a specialized tool in that it is only useful for shooting slugs. Shot spun by the rifling disperses at such an extraordinary rate as to be of little to no use even at close range.

AND yes if you do a crime with a shotgun there are ways to get you.

Roper

top topics

join