It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The core of the issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
'Signing Kyoto could devastate industry, Says under-treasurer'

Prime Minister Howard was right not to ratify the Kyoito Protocal on greenhouses gases because it could have a devestating effect on competitiveness of Australian Industry, WA Under Treasurer Tim Marney said yesterday

The West Australian News Paper
Tuesday, Febuary 13 2007
Page 7

This is the view, members of parliament have when looking in regards to kyoto.

We are willing to sacrifice the enviroment, and the future of our childeren, to ensure todays competitive market remains lucrative. I dont know about you, but me... I cannot understand the logic of such an argument.

If youve got, in one room... a long, prosperous few years, ensuring your public image remains in tact by bringing in high industry profits, at the expense of the environment.
In the other, you have a beautiful and healthy environment. Your childeren playing happily in the fresh air, at some green bushy park... at the expense of industry competitivness.

That hurts.. it really does.
My childerens future is being pulled out from under neath them because this man wants HIGH INDUSTRY COMPETITION NOW?????????????????

this is the REAL Reason, and what I ALWAYS beleived to be the real reason.

Government REFUSE To accept policies and acts that will limit the damage to our environemt SIMPLY FOR MONETARY REASONS.

These people are WORSE than TERRORISTS.
because when the day comes that its killing people simply for walking down the street, the REAL villians will be long gone, or sheltered in their rich cosy mansions.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
as the following thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

clearly shows, the dam of silence is breaking, greenhouse gas fearmongering is yet another elaborate scam, alsways has been and if you takea look at my previous posts on this subforum, you'll quickly notice that this is not news for everyone.

IF Kyoto was about pollution you'd have seen quotas of various GHGs in conjuntion, including bonuses for curbing methane emissions, but NO, it's all about CO2, nothing else counts, China is rated as a development country and can do whatever they want, even though they are currently the second greatest source of CO2....

it's all about the money, i urge everyone to find out who ultimately receives the money. hint: EU subsidies may be paid to farmers, but who gets to skim the cream ... ?

PS:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Enthusiasm for the global-warming scare also ensures that heatwaves make headlines, while contrary symptoms, such as this winter’s billion-dollar loss of Californian crops to unusual frost, are relegated to the business pages. The early arrival of migrant birds in spring provides colourful evidence for a recent warming of the northern lands. But did anyone tell you that in east Antarctica the Adélie penguins and Cape petrels are turning up at their spring nesting sites around nine days later than they did 50 years ago? While sea-ice has diminished in the Arctic since 1978, it has grown by 8% in the Southern Ocean. [7ex]

join