It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

esp lab closes after 30 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a privetely funded lab at princeton university is to close its doors after 30 years of experimenting for telekineses and esp.

"A typical PEAR experiment had a person sitting in front of an electric box which flashed numbers just above or below 100.

The participant would be told to "think high" or "think low" as they watched the display.

Researchers concluded that people could alter the results in such machines about two or three times out of 10,000.

PEAR says such effects could be "functionally devastating" for people working in aircraft cockpits, surgical facilities and even ICBM missile silos."

some people though will be glad to see the back of the lab...

"It's been an embarrassment to science, and I think an embarrassment for Princeton," Robert Park, a University of Maryland physicist, told the NYT.

"Science has a substantial amount of credibility, but this is the kind of thing that squanders it."

the lab will be move to the international consciousness research laboratories

story

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I wonder if that Robert Park ever took the time to look at the data and the methods they used for the experiment.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Shouldn't someone been able to predict its closure. I mean it was an ESP lab and all. Just a little fun. Couldn't resist the joke.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I wonder if that Robert Park ever took the time to look at the data and the methods they used for the experiment.

Probably wouldn't have made a difference. You see, from the statement that he made, I can tell that Robert Park isn't a real scientist. Science used to stand for something, but now it stands for whatever anyone with the right amount of money wants it to stand for.

Robert Park is an embarrassment to Science, and an embarrassment for Maryland University.

Science shouldn't care if it has credibility or not, and Robert is less of a scientist for thinking that it should.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Voidmaster]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GNOarmy
Shouldn't someone been able to predict its closure. I mean it was an ESP lab and all. Just a little fun. Couldn't resist the joke.

Well as far as I'm know that's not what they do. They don't do remote viewing.

And btw.. It's not closing, but moving. Kinda typical that BBC has chosen such a misleading title, and of course let a pseudo-skeptic have the last word.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GNOarmy

there are many types of esp, but i do get the joke. haha lol

lots of science is crackpot theories that cannot proven to the observer, just look at quantum mechanics. science is supposed to be observable fact, and experiments are supposed to be able to give clear data again and again in tests, but plenty of science is not like that. people pick and choose and there theories only exist for a current generation, until someone else thinks outside the box.

top topics

join