It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad interview ABC transcript

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
~There he goes there he goes aaaaggaaain~

We want to waste another trillion on this? C'mon. To paraphrase Beyonce "I know your mama taught you better than that"

LINK:

abcnews.go.com...

Feb. 12, 2007 — In an exclusive interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad refused to address accusations that his country was supplying weapons to insurgents in Iraq, saying instead that Iran asked for peace and was against conflict of any kind. Ahmadinejad skirted questions about weapons smuggling and stressed instead that the key to establishing peace in Iraq was for Americans, and all other foreigners, to leave.

Sawyer: I can begin. They say 170 troops and some 600 have been injured by Iranian weapons. Are you sending weapons into Iraq to kill Americans?

Ahmadinejad: Let me first say good morning to the viewers all over the states and let me tell them we have spring weather in Iran. I hope it will be spring all over the world.

We shy away from any kind of conflict and any kind of bloodshed, and we will be sad by such. We are opposed to any kind of conflict and as we have said repeatedly we think the world problem can be solved through dialogue, the use of logic and a sense of friendship.

There is no need for the use of force. When it come to Iraq, we have made it clear that kind of lack of security, insecurity in Iraq is also to our disadvantage and also disadvantage to the nations of the region.

Iraq only for a period when Saddam [Hussein] was in power had a good relationship. We have a very good relationship with Iraq. We are historical friends. We have intermarriages between the two nations, and millions of Iranians and Iraqis travel to each other's countries.

And our position for Iraq is very clear: We are asking for peace, we are asking for security, and we will be sad to see people get killed, no matter who they are. It could be Iraqis. We will be sad if we hear they are killed or anyone who is brought there by force and is put in the middle of the conflict.

Sawyer: But how is it possible to believe this? The Americans have been given evidence. They say they have rocket-propelled grenade launcher. … It speaks for itself.

Ahmadinejad: Well it's very easy to make a judgment when you don't have good defense or making a one-sided judgment. I think that Americans have made a mistake in Iraq and unfortunately are losing, and this is a shame for Americans of course and that's why they are trying to point their fingers to other people and pointing fingers to others will not solve the problem. I think that we should be honest and face the reality.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I like the way he completely avoided answering how his munitions got there.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
That's American news for you. Diane here is touting that evidence to be concrete and will do nothing but stress these questions of Iranian intervention and not ask more imperative questions. It's such a nonsensical interview; In fact, she does not once question Iran's choice to be a regional partner in maintaining piece in Iraq nor does she bring up evidence to suggest that Iran is fueling the violence. Iran's leader is not avoiding the questions, he's answering them fully but not directly. She even asks him in a perplexed tone about the weapons, " are you saying that there are no Iranian weapons in Iraq," as if the evidence is so clear and damning that the Iranian leader is clearly and blatantly lying. Clearly, hardly any evidence exists to suggest that Iran is responsible for the violence in Iraq and it's disgusting to see blame being placed on an external variable for this slaughter and not that of the Bush Administration. Miss Sawyer should be questioning this administrations so diligently instead. She seems so intent on pressing him to respond to these unsubstantiated accusations of the bush Administration that she fails to realize that he's answered all her questions and given her good reason to stop asking.

He says it perfectly when he states that these documents should be brought to a court and proven. This baseless rhetoric is meaningless.

Luxifero

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Luxifero]

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Luxifero]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
he is quite smart to avoid answering questions outright, and thrust the blame on usa. he came over quite well really, and knew how not to come over bad to american public. the news tried probably to get him to come over differently.

one thing they should of sent a male to interview him, he may of answered a male better. see the way he put her down, when at the end he stated she was just a reporter. they should of sent a male.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by andy1033]

join