It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moonlanding Conspiracy doesn't add up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Now before i get started I just want to say that i am NOT debunking the Moon Landing conspiracy theories and that everyone is entitled to their opinion and beliefs... now with that cleared up there has been some things bothering me about the idea that the moonlandings were faked.

First of all the Moon Landing took place at the height of the Cold War, the U.S.S.R and the U.S were spying on each other constantly, if the U.S government had faked it one way or another the U.S.S.R would have found out and told everyone in the world (for obvious reasons)

Second they had very primitive computers in those days and they didn't have access to special effects systems like Hollywood has today becuase it didn't exist, so to me the technology to fake the landings didn't exist making it almost impossible to fake, also how did they create a Zero Gravity inviroment on land?

Also if the landing was fake were did the rocket that launched off go?

But these are just my opinions what does everyone else think?

One last thing if you disagree with me don't jump up and down all over this thread mocking me and people who might agree feel free to send me a u2u.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Also if the landing was fake were did the rocket that launched off go?

Could have just stayed up in space for the process.

But these are just my opinions what does everyone else think?

I personally think that it wasn't a conspiracy, there are no real reasons to fake it, four possible motives are usually put forward:

1. Turn public attention away from the failing Vietnam war.
2. Reliability of the tech was doubted and if failed then the current administration would have problems.
3. NASA made a lot of money out of the moon thing.
4. Declare themselves winner of the space race.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The conspiracy theory fails.

NASA, then and as now, had more contractors and sub-contractors than actual Fed employees. If it was faked, the thousands (if not tens of thousands) of contract employees would have tremendous financial incentive to come forward with the truth. Those contract employees owed their allegiance to their employer, not the government, and most went to work for other employers later. The thousands of people who would have to be in on the conspiracy are no longer under any control or subject to threats by any government entity. The government is powerless to prevent any of those ex-contract employees from coming forward with the proof.

In this case the silence IS proof of non-existence.

join