It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How prevalent are delusional posters in this forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A Curious Case In Which "Censorship" Somehow Involves Public Discussion Of A Topic In The Appropriate Forum

Originally posted by MiahX
What's wrong letting the mods know that their readers have ideas to make the place better?

Um, this is a board question, isn't it?

So why would putting it in a forum called "Board Business & Questions" be "censorship"?

In fact, how is keeping the thread visible and active in one of our most popular forums (BB&Q) even "censorship" at all?

Is anyone unable to see this thread?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Again, I must emphasize that this thread was specifically referring to the Aliens and UFO's Forum and was POSTED THERE before it was moved. It was an attempt to qualify the information and general distribution of the posters in that respective forum.

As I cannot edit my original post and it was not intended for this area, the information in the thread will be misleading.

If readers are not able to grasp this important distinction, I vote that this thread be removed - I think there will be more confusion than productive discourse on the intended subject matter.

It's disappointing because there were many insightful comments posted with respect to the distribution of posters and the information they present in that particular forum.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by lagos]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Medium Is The Message

Originally posted by lagos
We were addressing the messengers not the medium.

I think that's where the problem lies.

The Aliens & UFOs forum is for discussing Aliens & UFOs, not the membership.

Personal commentary, however vague, is off-topic for that forum.

The problem with the premise of any thread like this is that it calls for members to post their opinions of other members and is therefore ad hominem by nature.

The Board Business & Questions forum is more suited to discussion of the community itself, and we tend to allow quite a bit more slack here than in the topical forums in the interest of encouraging feedback.

However, even in BB&Q, personal commentary directed at other members -- and specifically individuals -- is still inappropriate.

Terms & Conditions

Originally posted by lagos
If readers are not able to grasp this important distinction, I vote that this thread be removed - I think there will be more confusion than productive discourse on the intended subject matter.

While this can be a fun question to bandy about in BB&Q, I think you are aware that addressing a question like "how many of you are delusional?" to any discussion forum is provocative and detrimental to fostering an environment in which members can feel comfortable giving their candid opinions on the issues.

If you are seeking information regarding the membership, my advice is to spend as much time as you can reading our posts, responding to them if you are so inclined and forming your own opinions.

Since discussing the issue in this forum is apparently incompatible with your own stated terms & conditions for this topic, I'll second your vote and exercise my discretion under these terms & conditions.

Thread closed.

(As always, if anyone disagrees with this decision, I encourage you to U2U me or submit a Complaint)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join