It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was taking photos at night and i got the Moon photos with ...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hello all~

2 of my friends and I were taking photos at night(4 Feb 07) at Yan O station (HongKong)~ before we take the stars photo~ I were playing around with my camera, (handhelp), I have took few snap shots of the full Moon with my 70~210mm Lens~~~~~ until last train .
After I back Home and I transferred all the photos from my CF card into my PC~ I found out that are 2 photos of the moon which have a Black Unidentified Flying Object `~check it OUT~~

Time: 4-2-2007, 11:00pm~12:15
Location: about 300M away from SunnyLand MTR station (HongKong).
DSLR: D70s
Lens: Sigma 70~210 F4, 5.6
metering: spot
shutter: 1/10
Aperture F32
Exp.: M +2. 3
Focal length: 195mm
ISO: 200
White bal: Auto
size: m. Fine

Please let me know what is the black thing infront of the moon. i would like to know~ Thanks~

Blog: hk.myblog.yahoo.com...

Sorry~ i donno how to post photos yet~ so I just put my Blog to link the photos up~

[edit on 13-2-2007 by roisu]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Interesting photos, thanks for sharing!

If indeed it was an unidentified flying object, it would be HUGE! Think about it in comparison to the size of the moon. It could be a lot closer than the moon, but it looks to me in the photos as if it is not too far off it's surface.

Thanks again for posting and Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Welcome my fellow Hong Kong friend. Amazing photo!! But are you sure that's an UFO or just a piece of dust on lense.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
In the second picture showing the object, is it in the same place as in the first picture? If not, how far has it moved across the moon? Also, how far apart were the three pictures taken?

Relative motion would be a good place to start analysis.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hello fooffstarr and damefool~

I was thinking, is that a dust as well?~ but this little black thingy is only shown in 2 moon's photos~ at that moment i took about 8 photos of the moon~ only the middle 2 have this Black thingy~? so I really have no clue

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
the blog's 3 photos are the same photo~ but i made size bigger for you all to see only~

I have got the 1st shot which is out of focus~ the blog one is sceond photo of the UFO~~

I would like to post-up those 2 photos~ and they are not resized~

first
second

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I guess it could be anything really. UFO, bat flying across the path of your camera. bird etc etc. With this sort of picture it is not possible to make out an actual shape. it is dark which makes it even more difficult with the light comming from behind. It is probably something simple but hey, who knows - perhaps you got lucky and it is a UFO. Then again, it IS a UFO - unidentified flying object but perhaps not alien.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by roisu

at that moment i took about 8 photos of the moon~ only the middle 2 have this Black thingy~?

Hi there.

Could you post some more of these pics, so that we could use those other pics as a reference?

My first thought was that it could also be a terrestrial based satellite crossing the face of the moon, as seen from your vantage point.

But then I saw the second picture, it appears as it is in the same location almost exactly, so I am not so sure of my first assumption.

I'm thinking the object may be present on some of the other pictures, but not visible to the eye. It may be blending in with the dark background.

So please, post a few more, if not the entire sequence of pictures from that time and location, of the moon.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hi Mechanic 32
yes~ i will try to post few more photos~
But i have done something wrong with my camera setting~
Which is: I have never thought about the day and time setting is importance so I've the day and time wong in camera~

from now on~ I should check the date and time setting as well!!!!

post it up tonight when i back home~

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Looks to me like an insect, or more likely higher flying bird (or bat?). I've had similar effects taking cloudscapes in the daytime when a bird - unnoticed at the time - flies across in front of me. Especially when using telephoto lenses. They can completelt ruin a good shot. (I've since learnt to look out for crows rising form a distant field etc
)

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
hi - my first assupmtion would be a bat or moth , but

there is a 4 second gap betwen pictures

File: - DSC_0038.JPG

DateTimeOriginal - 2005:11:17 00:29:01
DateTimeDigitized - 2005:11:17 00:29:01

File: - DSC_0039.JPG

DateTimeOriginal - 2005:11:17 00:29:05
DateTimeDigitized - 2005:11:17 00:29:05

PS - setting the date / timestamp on the nikons is a doddle

a question :

what was the timestamp on image

DSC_0037.JPG and DSC_0040.JPG ?

my reaction is to wait and see -

there are 100s of astronomers and photographers out there every night [ clear skes permitting ]

so if it was really an opbect in the vicinity of the moon - we can hope that it was imaged from another location simultaneously

that would rule out any creature or debris in the immediate vicinity of the OP in hong kong

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Nice shots.

I think this is could be anything as well. Bat or moth? mmmm.... I am past those options... but they are viable. In the zoom it appears to have geometric shape... NOT pixelation either...

I say you need satellite trajectories. Who knows just how big it might look... stars gllitter and people say they see UFOs... The atmosphere is a kookookaleidascope...

The smaller objects need disproved as well... make certain of that... Then trajectories.

After that...

It's an anomoly. That's weird. Looks almost capsule shaped looking closely.

I don't know. Definitely a strange shot.

Did you note it as it traversed the moon, or noticed after the whole thing went down? Probably already mentioned that...

SP

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
... your buddy didn't get a few shots of this also. But as you state you were just messing around before you got down to business.

I've often thought about doing a concerted lunar watch with some of you guys. The most basic advantage to this is that we could absoultely range an object if at least 2 of us get a an anomaly, be it near the moon or just backlit by it. Another really cool feature of this would be to create a stereo image of our synchronized pics... we should get incredible depth perception and get a really good 3-D effect of the moon, (assuming we're separated far enough geographically). Would be a fun summer project.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
hi - my first assupmtion would be a bat or moth , but

there is a 4 second gap betwen pictures

File: - DSC_0038.JPG

DateTimeOriginal - 2005:11:17 00:29:01
DateTimeDigitized - 2005:11:17 00:29:01

File: - DSC_0039.JPG

DateTimeOriginal - 2005:11:17 00:29:05
DateTimeDigitized - 2005:11:17 00:29:05

PS - setting the date / timestamp on the nikons is a doddle

a question :

what was the timestamp on image

DSC_0037.JPG and DSC_0040.JPG ?

my reaction is to wait and see -

there are 100s of astronomers and photographers out there every night [ clear skes permitting ]

so if it was really an opbect in the vicinity of the moon - we can hope that it was imaged from another location simultaneously

that would rule out any creature or debris in the immediate vicinity of the OP in hong kong

COOL~ how do you know the time difference in those 2 photos?
they are DSC_0038 and DSC_0039

also i am going to post the more photos

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The last one i was playing with red glass paper wihich i should used with torch only~~

link to Blog: Blog

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would like to ask a question~~ is there any one took ufo photos and post in any forums~ finally someone reply you: THAT IS MY SHIP" and give you a lot of details~ eg: you were doing what at the moment~ and you were being watch by the Him/Her too.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Roisu-was it breezy that night? Windy at all?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Roisu-was it breezy that night? Windy at all?

i am sure that night is very good and clear sky~ not windy at all~
next photo can be showed thw wind speed??

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
not sure can the photo tell the speed of wind?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
hi - just a quick comparison - to show how little the object appears to move , relative to the moon :

if it is a critter or debris - close to the camera - it could appear relativly stationary because it is moving towards the camera

though bear in ming , there is only a 4 second gap between shutter actuations - so a slow moving object would not seem to move very far

PS - i wrote this up before the rest of the pictures were posted - so i will look @ them later

PPS - ROISU i got the time stamp from the EXIF header

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join