It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dick Cheney the worst Vice President in US history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Even if he did shoot his lawyer in the face, VP Dick Cheney in my conservative opinion has done very little for the average American. I'm sure Haliburton has done quiete well along with other huge subsidized American corporations but what has he done for the average American other than put us back 20 years. I blame Cheney for the immigration problem and the healthcare crisis. A good vice president would of made domestic policy his priority and would of attempted to create his own and seperate agenda apart and extra to the president's agenda. Cheney looks tough and shoots lawyers in the face, what else has he done for the country? Who is worse than him? Dan Quayle was way better than Cheney in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dan Quayle was and don't you forget it. They question you should be asking is Dick going hunting near your house....aaaahhhhhhhhhh

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Royal, I think you are just scared to admit Cheney is the worst VP ever because you know he might shoot you too! I'm even kind of scared to be writing this because he looks more sinister and powerful than the emperor in Star Wars. I much rather get shocked with electricity than get shot with a shotgun in the face!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Aaron Burr actually killed the guy he shot.

Cheney is interesting because he is the second VP to actually do anything other than stare at the dead bodies of foreign leaders. Gore was the first, but this VP has taken point on more policy issues and been more of a public face of the administration.

Remember that the VP's only constitutional obligation is to be the president of the Senate, which he almost never does unless he expects there to be a tie.

I don't necessarily think this is a question of good or bad... I think a more appropriate question is "How much should a VP do with the executive?"

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
IMO, Dick is the worse president of all time.

That's right, President. And a bad shot to boot.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't know about him being 'the worst'. I am not up enough on my Vice Presidents to be able to make an informed decision on that.

I do think he is probably one of the most POWERFUL Vice Presidents. I base that on Bush 43 and his experience and capabiltiies. (or lack thereof).

I think Cheney ran things for a very long time during the Bush Administration and he may still be doing so without the president knowing.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You are actually trying to tell me that Quayle was better???

Besides George W. Bush is the current Vice President of the USA.

Like Flyersfan I can't really remember that many VP's, epecially in the past...But Quayle was the biggest moron in the history of politics...He made Al Gore seem like a freaken genius.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Spiro Agnew, anyone? Nelson Rockefeller, though to be fair he didn't get much of a shot to do anything. Though Dan Quayle is certainly in the running...

Dick Cheney? If the catagory were worst shotgunner in the history of America, then yeah, he's got it hands down.

top topics

join