It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD Rabbit Audio: The Jane Fonda Interview - LISTEN NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

PODcast: The Jane Fonda Interview - LISTEN NOW

Jane Fonda granted only three interviews. You are about to hear and experience one of them. I ask her about her early years, the death of her mother, her relationship with her father, the F.T.A. Tour, her Hanoi trips, the famous photo on the anti-aircraft gun, the “Hanoi Jane” tag, her movie career and her special friendship and involvement with David Zeiger and “Sir! No Sir!”. Special THANKS go to the members of ATS who gave me some subject matter to discuss with her.

She was candid in her answers and never missed a beat on responding to questions that she has been asked for years. She reveals a few things that might surprise you. Forget what you think you know. This is Jane Fonda, UNCENSORED.

You can purchase Jane Fonda’s autobiography, “My Life So Far”, at all major book stores.

To Purchase The Limited Edition Director’s Cut Of “Sir! No Sir!”, which includes over 1 ½ hours of NEW interviews and material, including the on camera interview of Dave Rabbit, go to www.sirnosir.com...

Obviously, Jane Fonda is going to be a controversial subject matter. I post this knowing that there are going to be comments made PRO and CON. Jane’s opinions DO NOT reflect my own personal position or beliefs nor do they reflect the opinions of Above Top Secret. It is posted for entertainment value only and I would appreciate it if you could limit your comments to the interview, keeping in mind that Above Top Secret is rated “G”. Thanks in advance for your courtesy to others that visit.

For The HIGHEST QUALITY Version As Well As Lots Of Other Music, Comedy And Fun:

Please Go To:

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

Enjoy The Show.

Dave

length: 42:43
file: btstpod_2154.mp3
size: 15018k
feed: btst

[edit on 2/13/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Dave, I can't seem to access the podcast of the interview. Am I lacking software or do you have to buy something?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The site seems to be, well, not very well coded. This makes it kind of impossible to find/use the Download link. Here's the link to the version on the site:

daverabbit.podOmatic.com...

I shall be listening in a few minutes. Jane Fonda was at the protest I attended a few weeks back in DC.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I will listen to the interview after work tonight

The file downloaded just fine.

Ex

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Dave,
I listened to the podcast this afternoon.
and thought you did a wonderful job with the interview.
In fact so good that I think I have changed my views
of what this woman has stood for all these years.
I also feel very manipulated by the media , that did portray her
as some sort of
evil Pro- North Vietnam celebrity that was only out for personal
gain and recognition.Her statments about how THE photograph
came into being was most enlightening.
The interview had such a personal ring ,
and I loved the fact that she was talking right off the cuff.
You also went into the interview having done your homework
well and were prepared with the historical facts and background information ,
but as a good interviewer didn't let your personal views
get in the way of the back and forth.
Well Done!!

PS.I also liked the ATS mention......Wonderful Job

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hi...

This is the file on the original post that you need to go to on the ORIGNAL original post I made.

If you just CLICK IT... it will download to your temporary files and then start playing once finished. If you RIGHT CLICK you mouse with the cursor over it.... a window will open up... slide the cursor down to SAVE TARGET AS... CLICK...... then decide where you want to save the file.

If you just want to LISTEN.... and not download it at all... you can just LISTEN at my Pod-O-Matic Home:

Hope this helps.

Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ex....

Thank you for your comments. Greatly appreciated. What made it so candid was I didn't treat her like a star struck kiddo.... just someone wanting some explanations and answers to some of the questions that were submitted here.

I greatly appreciate the comments.

Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just finished up listening to this rare and soon to be classic interview.

Well done Dave! You helped provide an insight that many have wondered about. And getting the answers and information right from the horses mouth is invaluable.

Johnny

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Your website is what we were referring to. Try viewing your site in a browser besides Internet Explorer and you'll see that it's horribly disfigured. This is due to Internet Explorer being the most non-standard compliant browser to ever grace the Internet.

As you can tell from this screenshot, it's pretty unnavigable in Firefox, as well as Opera.

img451.imageshack.us...

Cheers.

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Hi...

This is the file on the original post that you need to go to.

If you just CLICK IT... it will download to your temporary files and then start playing once finished. If you RIGHT CLICK you mouse with the cursor over it.... a window will open up... slide the cursor down to SAVE TARGET AS... CLICK...... then decide where you want to save the file.

If you just want to LISTEN.... and not download it at all... you can just LISTEN at my Pod-O-Matic Home:

Hope this helps.

Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It has to do with IE7 and the nightmares it presents. Firefox, unfortunately, is not the best browser in the world to view mine or a number of others on Pod-O-Matic. Unfortunately, I cannot control what the site does or displays.... that is why it is also posted here.

Thanks for the insight though....

Dave

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
THANK YOU to whoever put the player on the TOPIC where folks could LISTEN ONLY but not download. Now, how about editing (since I can't) something above it or below it that says LISTEN HERE. Just be sure to say CLICK THE PLAY BUTTON TWICE.

I don't want to give false thank yous.... so step forward oh masked person.

Dave

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Dave great interview with Jane. You asked some good questions....honestly though I was quite surprised that one of your first questions was such an emotional one.

The other thing I noticed is that she just kinda came of to me as a little to 'elitist' and no I am not one of those bashers of her. Actually I like her and really appreciated all that she has done for this country but I just couldn't help but feel like I was being talked down to when listening to her....just an opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi Saucy Rossy....

Well.... I think a lot of it, my opinion of course, is that she has been such a target for so long and is always going to be a bit guarded. That and the fact that she will be 70 this coming December. My mom is 83, and I can assure you.... her patience level with me as her son.... is much less than Jane was with me in our interview.

One interesting note which I told Springer about today when we talked on the phone.... David Zeiger, the producer & Director of "Sir, No Sir", the documentary that Jane was a part of and audio of my Saigon show in 1971 was used in the movie: www.sirnosir.com... .... told me today also when we spoke (he is going to post the interview on his site)... said, and I QUOTE "I have known Jane since 1971 and she has NEVER gone into as much DETAIL about the Hanoi Trip as she did with you, even in my film." Well, I considered that quite a compliment. And as I told Springer, I asked those questions from the ones submitted by ATS MEMBERS.... and just let her TALK without interjecting my opinions here and there. I made her comfortable.... and I think that is why she went into such DETAIL and BACK STORY. I didn't get to 40% of the questions I had for her because of the DETAIL.

Anyway... thanks for taking the time to come in a post.

Dave

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very nice interview, sometimes I wonder how she became such a hated women by the pro war crowds.

Like everything that has to do with pursuing propagandas to support wars her name has been mar by her support of been anti war.

I always liked her as a person and an actress, I wish we have more people like her right now . . . we sure need them.

love you Jane

Dave you have a very nice voice.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
she can talk nice all she wants, but those of us who have actually talked the men who lived (if you can call it that) at the hanoi hilton know the truth. she's playing on all of your collective ignorance to make herself out to be the poor innocent little girl. well, no offense to the interviewer, but i'm going to deny the ignorance on this thread. do you guys realize that several of the prisoners in the hanoi hilton passed her notes to take back to their families? do you know what she did with those notes? immediately turned them in to the north vietnamese, who in turn severely punished to prisoners involved. she is a traitor, pure and simple....and marg, you dont have to be pro-war to be anti-traitor.

jane fonda is a traitor who should have been tried for high treason.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Why is anyone listening to hanoi jane? the woman responsible for the deaths of americans and treason.

bluestarchronicles.com...

a traitor then, just a non-indicted one now.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Hi Saucy Rossy....

Well.... I think a lot of it, my opinion of course, is that she has been such a target for so long and is always going to be a bit guarded. That and the fact that she will be 70 this coming December. My mom is 83, and I can assure you.... her patience level with me as her son.... is much less than Jane was with me in our interview.

One interesting note which I told Springer about today when we talked on the phone.... David Zeiger, the producer & Director of "Sir, No Sir", the documentary that Jane was a part of and audio of my Saigon show in 1971 was used in the movie: www.sirnosir.com... .... told me today also when we spoke (he is going to post the interview on his site)... said, and I QUOTE "I have known Jane since 1971 and she has NEVER gone into as much DETAIL about the Hanoi Trip as she did with you, even in my film." Well, I considered that quite a compliment. And as I told Springer, I asked those questions from the ones submitted by ATS MEMBERS.... and just let her TALK without interjecting my opinions here and there. I made her comfortable.... and I think that is why she went into such DETAIL and BACK STORY. I didn't get to 40% of the questions I had for her because of the DETAIL.

Anyway... thanks for taking the time to come in a post.

Dave

Yeah maybe I should of gone into more detail. I was specifically referring to the question you asked in the beginning about her family life. Frankly to me that was such a deep question and I was caught off guard to hear it right away. I should also say that you are right Jane really did go into a ton of detail and was also willing to discuss these obviously emotionally painful topics that you brought up.

Really great job on the interview. I enjoyed your laid back style and I could definitely tell that she was comfortable with you. As some one who works in radio I must say that your interview was really good and to me I think it is something that should/could be aired on terrestrial and or satellite radio. I am sure if you offered it to NPR they would air it.....

Thanks for listening to my critiques and comments!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
SR...

Again... thanks for your kindness. The interview was basically offered as "public domain". A number of folks have already picked it up. I'm unsure about NPR, who did an interview with me before we left for Iraq back in September 2006. If you know anyone... feel free to offer it to them. I do not do this for money.... but for the fun and passion of rekindling a life dormant for 36 years,

Thanks again for your generous comments.

Dave

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is the COMPLETE INTERVIEW that I did with Jane Fonda that we were only able to use part of, because of time restrictions, for the ATS MIX Show 2.

Enjoy!

Dave

new topics

top topics

join