It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Are you willing to die for the truth ? Like lets say to find out the truth would require you to do something that you would know get you killed no matter what?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Life is about death that is how you live".

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by imtim83
Are you willing to die for the truth ? Like lets say to find out the truth would require you to do something that you would know get you killed no matter what?

Yes, but what if finding truth meant confirmation of NO DEATH? That life IS circular, with no end and no beginning? That the soul came INTO the body... and then LEAVES the body RETURNING to itself?

What if THAT was the consequence of the "transtion"? And what if ALL humanity were to find this same "enlightenment" as a consequence?

Would this "momentous" decision really be anything more than merely walking through an open doorway?

We were AFRAID to ride a bike.
We were AFRAID to swim.
We were AFRAID to fly.
We were AFRAID to go to the Moon (not proven that we should NOT be afraid of this, btw)
We were AFRAID to sail across the oceans for the first time too.

What I am saying is this: What if this "event" is merely a right of passage as beautiful as birth itself?

What if we truly HAVE been misled by the Church... or, in Revelation... the Whore. It's been perverted by man... as stated in other threads even, right here on ATS...

What if we got cheated out of the most crucial information regarding our very souls, so that MEN could render CONTROL for the sake of PROFIT and POWER?

Now THAT does NOT sound that far off, knowing man, does it?

SPout

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11

Yes, but what if finding truth meant confirmation of NO DEATH? That life IS circular, with no end and no beginning? That the soul came INTO the body... and then LEAVES the body RETURNING to itself?

What if THAT was the consequence of the "transtion"? And what if ALL humanity were to find this same "enlightenment" as a consequence?

Would this "momentous" decision really be anything more than merely walking through an open doorway?

We were AFRAID to swim.
We were AFRAID to fly.
We were AFRAID to go to the Moon (not proven that we should NOT be afraid of this, btw)

What I am saying is this: What if this "event" is merely a right of passage as beautiful as birth itself?

What if we truly HAVE been misled by the Church... or, in Revelation... the Whore. It's been perverted by man... as stated in other threads even, right here on ATS...

What if we got cheated out of the most crucial information regarding our very souls, so that MEN could render CONTROL for the sake of PROFIT and POWER?

Now THAT does NOT sound that far off, knowing man, does it?

SPout

Brilliant!

I agree with (almost) everything you said here.

In answer to the original question, I would definitely die for the truth, assuming that the truth is told to you before you die otherwise what's the point!
But, in general, I have no fear of dying as I really do believe that it is like birth in that it is an end to one existence and the beginning of another.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

There are a lot of truths out there. I wouldn't die to have the knowledge of whether OJ really is a murderer. I would be tempted to sacrifice myself to find out the truth behind the NWO, but at the end of the day, i think the only real truth i would die for would be the secrets of the universe. Where we came from, and where we're going in this ocean of chaos.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

One only needs to prove it to themselves.

Once an individual has proven to themselves that they would, then they have.

But the truth is not percievable by those who are the manifestation of "Self PRE-Serve A.K.A. "Self Before they serve anything or anyone"

The truth can only be perceived from a mindset that is opposite of selfishness.

Yes. Without hesitation. And, I did not hesitate to make such a decision.

Once we choose to know we would forfeit all we are for just one moment with the truth .... DOORS OPEN!!!!!!

But, for those who would not forfeit all they are for the right reasons, they can not percieve what those who have seem to percieve.

This is my observation.

thanks,
john

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Listen to Snowflakes by Just Jack, really.

What would happen to me with this truth, could I handle it? What if I could not hold it in any longer and had to tell the world? Would this be right? The unforgivable sin is to speak of the holy ghost. Saying what it is or what it isn't. Since it seems it is different to all of us and maybe that is key to something larger, to help us deal. Scary subject when we get down to it near fully. Back to sleep or so I try...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
People don't really think about death until someone you know dies. Then you really get perplexed that it could happen. Dieing a horrible death. So sad that it is to be.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11

We were AFRAID to swim.
We were AFRAID to fly.

NO !

we are afraid of the conswquences of failure

subtle , but very different fears

eg :

we are afraid to fall off the bike @ speed

we are afraid of drowning

see the difference ?

now my personal take on deth / dying

i am not affraid of death , it is an ineviatbility .

i used to be afraid of dying - because i believe that i would be killed in a horrible manner .

a few " near misses " and bloody incidents have , for want of a better term ` immunised me ` from the fear .

having gone through a cars windscreen from the outside inwards

i now no longer care

top topics

join