It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too late to stop Iranian nuclear bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A document compiled by the EU states that it is to late to stop Iran gaining enough fissile material to create a Nuclear bomb, The document states that technical difficulties, not international pressure, has delayed Iran's progress.

www.ft.com
Iran will be able to develop enough weapons-grade material for a nuclear bomb and there is little that can be done to prevent it, an internal European Union document has concluded.

At some stage we must expect that Iran will acquire the capacity to enrich uranium on the scale required for a weapons programme,” says the paper, dated February 7 and circulated to the EU’s 27 national governments ahead of a foreign ministers meeting yesterday.

The EU document is embarrassing for advocates of negotiations with Iran, since last year it was Mr Solana and his staff who spearheaded talks with Tehran on behalf of both the EU and the permanent members of the UN Security Council.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So the EU's original estimates that Iran will not be able to produce enough material for a nuclear bomb before 2010 and would only be able to make it into a weapon by about 2015 have turned out to be false!

This is worrying news indeed, the Hawks in Washington are no doubt rubbing their hands together in glee at this news as it will validate their calls for war.

Let's all hope and pray that Iran do not have nuclear capability because if they do and the US strikes them the threat of Nuclear war grows closer.

Related News Links:
www.ft.com
www.ft.com

[edit on 12-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, I think that Russia nuking US in retaliation for bombing Iran with nukes, as warned in a subtle way by Putin in his latest speech, is more probable than Iran nuking anyone.

And if Iran have the bomb, good for them, so then Israël and US can STFU with their hell-bent foreign policy and that will stop US from doing the worst thing in all his history.

And they say that Iran will have the bomb. Yeah right. 3 carrier groups in the area. If this is true, then Iran have to announce it in the next 3 weeks to try to stop US... if they do that... US may think it's a bluff... or don't care and strike.

If I would be Iran and on the edge of being striked, I would make a deal with Russia and China... and call a bluff on nuclear weapons. Then China and Russia say that they are angry... but vote against any UN resolutions. Then Iran become the sino-russian vassal, like Israël is with NATO.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What I meant by "lets hope they don't have the bomb" was that if they do have it and the US attacks with normal airstrikes the Iranians may nuke Israel and then that will be the end for us all!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is worrying news indeed, the Hawks in Washington are no doubt rubbing their hands together in glee at this news as it will validate their calls for war.

If anything, it has those who predicted this shaking their heads and saying "I told you so".

So much for the apologists who denied all along that Iran sought a nuclear weapon.

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And if Iran have the bomb, good for them, so then Israël and US can STFU with their hell-bent foreign policy and that will stop US from doing the worst thing in all his history.

This will stop nothing. There is a big difference betwen having a nuke and delivering it. If anything, it will only escalate tensions and increase the probablity of further actions.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
UMM Beacky,

It didnt say Iran is making a bomb it said that it has enough material to do so.

Besides Irans leaders might be backwards in their beliefs but they are not stupid, the only thing Iran could want with a bomb is as a defence for dont attak us or invade us like you did to our neighbors and you putting us in an axis of evil. They know the us and Israel both have hundred times as many nukes and better delivery methods.

So all Iran having a bomb would do to the world is make it less likely of being invaded by an outside force and leave it to the natural progression over there of the people revolting again this time to become westernized (that is once the youth wakes up from their drugged stupor)

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Id be more worries how ISRAEL Are going to react to this assesment.
Theyre the ones we are 'protecting'

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thread already started on this issue at:

Previous thread on this subject

Also a later pending thread that even quotes the same article as above.

Doesn't anyone check to see what's already out there before posting new threads anymore?

[edit on 2/13/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
UMM Beacky,

Who is BEACKY? Can you read? Can you spell?

It didnt say Iran is making a bomb it said that it has enough material to do so.

Oh, that makes me feel so much better, thank you

Iran will be able to develop enough weapons-grade material for a nuclear bomb and there is little that can be done to prevent it, an internal European Union document has concluded.

Another apologist in denial.

Besides Irans leaders might be backwards in their beliefs but they are not stupid, the only thing Iran could want with a bomb is as a defence for dont attak us or invade us like you did to our neighbors and you putting us in an axis of evil. They know the us and Israel both have hundred times as many nukes and better delivery methods.

Yes, your leaders are backwards and they are stupid.

So all Iran having a bomb would do to the world is make it less likely of being invaded by an outside force and leave it to the natural progression over there of the people revolting again this time to become westernized (that is once the youth wakes up from their drugged stupor)

That is not the only danger. Your stupid, backward leaders will give the bomb to Hezbollah and any other terrorist group with enough cash to buy it. Your sponsorship of terrorism in the past leaves no doubt that that would happen. That is why you must be stopped.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Speaking of delusional why are you saying my leaders and I must be stopped. It seems to me that someone took classes in fear mongering 101 and either you are with us in destroying and attacking others so that we can think were safer or your a terrorist 210.

Seriously Becky being overly aggresive will just get you to be brushed off as being a crazy arab. You and your muslim fundementalist brothers and sisters can go at it for all I care over whose got bigger guns and more determination. Leave the rest of us to advance science technology and the economy.

Oh and Iran isnt going to sell the bomb to a terrorist cell, regardless of what you say or your propaganda news reaprots.

Above all Becky in all seriousness,

For all of Irans religousity and rhetoric it is a very rational actor and knows what is best for itself, that not being to sell or use WMD in any offensive manuver.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Strange how a neighbouring nuclear Muslim nation (Pakistan) hasn't been threatened with US military force, despite openly conducting several tests a couple of years ago...could it be that Pakistan doesn't sit on top of huge oil reserves?

Iran has every right to nuclear technology, as any other nation has. what keeps them from being used is the concept of M.A.D.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Iran has every right to nuclear technology

not when they threaten to "wipe Israel of the map"

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Iran has every right to nuclear technology

not when they threaten to "wipe Israel of the map"

Why are you using quotations for a statement that was never issued?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awake and All Seeing

Why are you using quotations for a statement that was never issued?

ermm, if i recall, Iran did threaten to wipe Israel off the map.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

...if i recall, Iran did threaten to wipe Israel off the map.

and israel has made threats to wipe palestinians off the map, but that tends to get brushed under the carpet...just as the US has threatened to destroy other nations..both are nuclear powers

an Iranian nuclear capability just means that they (and their oil) are far safer from full-scale attack than at present

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

...if i recall, Iran did threaten to wipe Israel off the map.

and israel has made threats to wipe palestinians off the map, but that tends to get brushed under the carpet...just as the US has threatened to destroy other nations..both are nuclear powers

Where? Where has Israel threatened to wipe Palestinians off the map? Where/when has the US threatened to destroy other nations?

Show me.

an Iranian nuclear capability just means that they (and their oil) are far safer from full-scale attack than at present

No it doesn't. And Iran is far too reliant on it's oil; their economy could tank overnight.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
sodom

Iran never did threaten to wipe Israel off the map!! period

THE ACTUAL QUOTE:

So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To quote his exact words in farsi: "Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "Regime", pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end. Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem).

So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"? The answer is: nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh", is not contained anywhere in his original farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's President threatened to "wipe Israel off the map", despite never having uttered the words "map", "wipe out" or even "Israel".

THE PROOF:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Here is the full transcript of the speech in farsi, archived on Ahmadinejad's web site
in farsi

sodom

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

ermm, if i recall, Iran did threaten to wipe Israel off the map.

THE ACTUAL QUOTE: So what did Ahmadinejad actually say? To
quote his exact words in farsi: "Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

That passage will mean nothing to most people, but one word might ring a bell: rezhim-e. It is the word "Regime", pronounced just like the English word with an extra "eh" sound at the end.

Ahmadinejad did not refer to Israel the country or Israel the land mass, but the Israeli regime. This is a vastly significant distinction, as one cannot wipe a regime off the map. Ahmadinejad does not even refer to Israel by name, he instead uses the specific phrase "rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods" (regime occupying Jerusalem). So this raises the question.. what exactly did he want "wiped from the map"?

The answer is:

nothing. That's because the word "map" was never used. The Persian word for map, "nagsheh", is not contained anywhere in his original farsi quote, or, for that matter, anywhere in his entire speech. Nor was the western
phrase "wipe out" ever said. Yet we are led to believe that Iran's President threatened to "wipe Israel off the map", despite never having uttered the words "map", "wipe out" or even "Israel."

THE PROOF:

The full quote translated directly to English:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Word by word translation: Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

Sorry for the long windedness but people misquoteing "Wipe Israel of the map" really makes me mad

Talk about disinformation

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sodom
sodom

Iran never did threaten to wipe Israel off the map!! period

Sorry Sodom, we must have writing that at the same time as each other

Great minds think alike eh!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
sodom

nice one jmmy, but i was faster..

sodom

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Hi Citizen Smith (I love that program by the way
)

I'll think you'll find there was no threat to wipe Palestine off the map...

Israel aren't threatening they ACTUALLY ARE trying to wipe Palestine off the map by constructing illegal settlements in occupied Palestinian territory!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join