It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A quick questions about Heaven.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Quick Questions, and then I'll leave you all alone. If people were to go to the biblical heaven, would they just stay worshiping God all day, excuse me forever, or would they eat or sleep, and things of that nature?

Also, does the biblical God have a sense of humor? I'm sure God dosen't aprove of Comicview, The Blue Collar Show, or Mad T.V., or even Tyler Perry, but what is funny to God, if anything at all?

Well, thanks for the information.




posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Since you put it that way, can anything be created apart from God?

Therefore all humor must have come from God first, even if it offends us.

No thought or idea can exist outside of what God has enabled.



posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Fair enough Benny. However, wouldn't we accredtit that to free will.I've been told not long ago that Mr.Jehovah is holy, and perfect, and didn't create evil so that couldn't have come from him rigth? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?[ I've always had a slit.]



posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sneaking Suspicion
Fair enough Benny. However, wouldn't we accredtit that to free will.I've been told not long ago that Mr.Jehovah is holy, and perfect, and didn't create evil so that couldn't have come from him rigth? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?[ I've always had a slit.]


(For sake of Argument) If the christian god does exist then god created everything including evil. Therefore every offensive joke comes from god, so god must have a real good sense of humour.
If evil is the 'creation' of man due to free will then evil is purposely created by god as his omniscience affords him the knowledge that his creation (man) has/is/will creating evil.

However the definition of evil affords it abiguity as 'evil' is a subjective notion which only the beholder can decide its 'evilness'

On the subject of heaven - the fact that no-one has returned from death with stories, means we haven't a clue what happens when we die, and ANY story is just pure conjecture.


G



posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sneaking Suspicion
Fair enough Benny. However, wouldn't we accredtit that to free will.I've been told not long ago that Mr.Jehovah is holy, and perfect, and didn't create evil so that couldn't have come from him rigth? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?[ I've always had a slit.]


I don't believe in free-will so it makes absolute sense to me that God creates both good and evil. I really don't believe God has competition of any sorts.

Now, if you want to say God is only good, then that brings in a lot of perplexing theories one has to explain away, which I really think is much easier to keep God simple.



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sneaking Suspicion
Fair enough Benny. However, wouldn't we accredtit that to free will.I've been told not long ago that Mr.Jehovah is holy, and perfect, and didn't create evil so that couldn't have come from him rigth? Do you understand what I'm trying to say?[ I've always had a slit.]


Whoever told you that is not very bright.

If God was the first cause, the reason for existence its self, no matter how you twist and turn you cannot escape from the fact that God must therefore have been the root of all evil.

If you believe that God is what created us and everything else, you must accept that God is the root cause of evil as well. Otherwise you contradict your self by stating that evil came out of existence from nothingness. In that case why believe in God as a first cause in the first place?

:bnghd:



posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hi Vlad,

Here is a rather interesting quote from Mary Magdalene [Gospel According To Mary] The information was purportedly given to Mary by Jesus, himsefl.



25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.


It says their is no evil in the world just a lack of balance [individual]. Once we [individual] learn to act in accordance with the will of God [nature-source] we [collective] begin to balance out. Of course this is merely opinion.

Regards



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foundation
Hi Vlad,

Here is a rather interesting quote from Mary Magdalene [Gospel According To Mary] The information was purportedly given to Mary by Jesus, himsefl.



25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.


It says their is no evil in the world just a lack of balance [individual]. Once we [individual] learn to act in accordance with the will of God [nature-source] we [collective] begin to balance out. Of course this is merely opinion.

Regards


That is just another way of defining evil. You’re basically saying that acting against God’s will is imbalance (i.e. Evil). But this does still not change the fact that God is still the source of this imbalance. Without creating us and making these kinds of rules, this concept doesn’t exist in the first place. Why does God need us to act a certain way anyway? Does this not go against the concept of free will?

And if you argue there is no free will, then certainly God is responsible for all the bad things in this world (as well as the good ones), as we’re simply puppets acting out his “divine” script. Thus when a 12 year old girl is brutally raped and murdered, this is in fact God’s will. Maybe this entertains our heavenly father?

This is one of the reasons I don’t believe in a sentient God in the first place. Because if I did I’d have to hate him as the asshole he is.



posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler

That is just another way of defining evil. You’re basically saying that acting against God’s will is imbalance (i.e. Evil). But this does still not change the fact that God is still the source of this imbalance. Without creating us and making these kinds of rules, this concept doesn’t exist in the first place. Why does God need us to act a certain way anyway? Does this not go against the concept of free will?

And if you argue there is no free will, then certainly God is responsible for all the bad things in this world (as well as the good ones), as we’re simply puppets acting out his “divine” script. Thus when a 12 year old girl is brutally raped and murdered, this is in fact God’s will. Maybe this entertains our heavenly father?

This is one of the reasons I don’t believe in a sentient God in the first place. Because if I did I’d have to hate him as the asshole he is.


I agree with you Vlad. I tend to look at the situatioin like this: The system 'Chaos' which is currently in place is not inherently 'Evil' but has the potential to express 'Evil' through the mechanism of elevated animal Mind. You see when we were unawares as it weres of time and the ramifications of our environmental interaction we were successfully contained within the 'Chaos' system. Now, however, due to the lifting of the veil - awareness of time; rational faculty we have the potential to disrupt or upset the balance. This conscious awareness trend, indicates that we must become aquainted with the system which birthed us and also reflect on the system which is to be our eventuality.

Look at this:


Obadiah Silas Harris We are indeed to go beyond the mind of reason, as has been said; but it is to attain the Christ-Mind, the Super-Mentality. This will bring man to the threshold of union with God. Beyond that, beyond even the super-mentality, will be glory upon glory in the ineffable being and bliss of God!


Basically, mankind is an evolving hive mind, though currrently disonnected in toto, presently. Those with keen insight liken this state of existence as an illness or maladaption. I don't think so. We are merely life in social transition; unfoldment. It is so Beautiful and at the same time Frightening to behold.

Regards



posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Foundation, are other life forms on this earth evolving in the same way, or is this process exclusive to humans?



posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler
Foundation, are other life forms on this earth evolving in the same way, or is this process exclusive to humans?


Hello again Vlad,

That is a very good question. My answer is yes, I would think so. Look at this verse...


Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.


If we were to substitute the word Faith with Christ-Mind which we can define, for conversational purposes, as the next evolutionary step in conscious ascension. And substitute SchoolMaster for the Law or namely a method by which our animal nature is made free from the Law [Naturae]. Then we might begin to see a linear progression of mind taking place via the mechanism of thought adjustment and subsequent behavior modification which has a cumulatively causal effect on the whole.

Now, this doesn't seem to apply to lesser forms of life unless we can view the barbarity of the law as an indication of the intellectual capacity of those it was trying to communicate with? Now if we, do this and were to extrapolate on this idea and regard it as something of a social trend or eventuality and move even further back in time then we could surmise that Naturae, herself, was somehow responsible for elevating the mind of lesser creatures?

Hence, we could then interpret the verse as follows:

Now that our minds have risen beyond the constraints of reason, we are no longer in need of Naturae to guide our thinking. Of course their are many ways to perceive the meaning of the quoted scripture, but I can say at least today we can do it without fear of reprisal.


Regards



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join