It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with my baby!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hi, I have a baby that has real problems sleeping. He is a year old who had been taught to sleep in his crib/bed by himself but a few days ago just started having great trouble sleeping again. He just cries and cries and cries. We just leave him in there until he falls asleep but it’s becoming kind of old. By the way he is my stepson and my wife has recently become pregnant again (which we are very happy about… : ) ) but I wonder if any of this could have something to do with it.
I really hope some of you guys/gals have some tips for me, because this is ridiculous…

Please, he is my beautiful baby and I don’t want him to suffer no more but can’t really help him… as I wrote this he finally fell asleep after 30 mins of frantic crying… Anything will be appreciated.

Thanx

Flame

[edit on 12-2-2007 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Try some warm milk with honey before bed...a baby swing...or let him sleep with you two in the bed.

Pray?

Sorry, that's all I got.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just a guess, is he teething?

This is not a one line post.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Just a guess, is he teething?

Yes, well I don't know if at the moment but recently he popped one out.ç

thnx for the help. Problem is, I think he realized that the milk will make him sleepy so he doesn't want to drink any at night... he’s just one of the smart ones I guess.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
30 minutes of crying and you're seeking help?

my son can go berserk, working himself into a sweat, tossing his pacifier, his burp cloth (he sleeps with it), his blanket, his socks, his pants, his poop (once) and any toys he can reach from his crib. It's probably the teeth. Try some numbing cream for his teeth or a teething toy, my daughter loved this one that vibrated when she bit on it (sicko jokes not welcome) my son was into a frozen teething ring for about a minute. another thing to try is wetting a burp cloth and freezing it. they can chew and suck on that too.

it could also be nothing more than your kid being a pain in the butt. that is where we are now with my son. he just doesn't want to sleep when we put him down.

the only other thing that might be the problem (that I can think of) but you'd probably be aware of an issue for other reasons, is an ear infection. it is painful to lie flat when you have an ear infection so it might be that the little guy has pain when he lies down.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Patience is a virtue! Who’s stronger willed? Teething can be a real pain in the rear if that’s what’s going on. Sometimes they really do get very ill, and/or cranky while teething. Put the baby in the car and drive around the block a few times until he/she falls asleep. And then put him in his crib.

It's been a long time...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Crakeur thanks for the tip on the freezer thing. He really likes it. The car idea is also really good jensouth31. Last night he was kissing my wife’s belly as it is starting to show. We just told him that there was a baby in there and that this little baby is his sibling. He seemed really happy!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
glad to be of service. I have two kids who have shown to be total opposites in regards the the things kids do. One slept thru the night at 6 weeks and is impossible to wake, the other is a light sleeper who wakes up all the time. one got teeth without incident, one acted like they needed morphine to make it thru the day.

I've seen tons with these two so feel free to u2u me if you ever have any questions. you know, things like, what works best for upset stomachs, how to get them to stop sucking their thumb, where to drop them off when you realize you cannot handle them anymore etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
glad to be of service. I have two kids who have shown to be total opposites in regards the the things kids do. One slept thru the night at 6 weeks and is impossible to wake, the other is a light sleeper who wakes up all the time. one got teeth without incident, one acted like they needed morphine to make it thru the day.

I've seen tons with these two so feel free to u2u me if you ever have any questions. you know, things like, what works best for upset stomachs, how to get them to stop sucking their thumb, where to drop them off when you realize you cannot handle them anymore etc.

Thnx man realy apreciate it.

new topics

top topics

join