It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Politics and UFO's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
With presidential campaigns ramping up, I've been thinking about how the future president of the United States could have an effect on disclosure. Who has some thoughts on who might be the best candidate for the UFO/Disclosure issue? Could it be Gov. Bill Richardson of New Mexico who has been seen on a recent UFO special on Sci-Fi? Or, how about the young and idealistic Barak Obama? I can't think of any Republican candidates who would be helpful, though there may be some. With the current geo-political climate, we are probably further away from any sort of disclosure than we have ever been.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hope that Charles Huffer manages to ask one of the Presidential folks like he did with Bush in 2000...

www.youtube.com...

We'll see if anyone has the guts to ask. I know if I see one of them standing around talking about Iraq I'm gonna ask them about their thoughts on UFO disclosure. Demand it I say!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think that Obama must be fascinated with the whole topic. He is a young guy, and must have some exposure to the topic. I think that he knows the public and that he will (hopefully) be generous with info.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think both Obama and Clinton would prove willing to dig into the files. Clinton perhaps more so. That said, I don't know if the Amercian people are ready to elect a female President. I am not however, qualified for that debate - I am Canadian. and do not follow American politics with any real interest. Obama is young enough to understand the growing need to know, and Clinton is smart enough to try. The only problem is it might kill either of them if they get close to the truth.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know Hillary would be a mistake in my book. Also Boot McCain he didn't do a thing but distance himself when asked by the Counilwoman in Phoenix about the lights in 97.

My guess would be Bill Richardson of New Mexico but he can't bring it up until he is elected and he would have to do it on the sly. Oops!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
[...]Clinton would prove willing to dig into the files. Clinton perhaps more so.[...]

I seriously doubt that.

Sorry for the one liner, but nothing more to add here. Sorry mods.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I second that.

Please explain why you think Mrs. Clinton as president would release any more information than her husband did?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If Ralph Nader were elected, he would demand crash testing and safety inspections on all Black Project and Extraterrestrial craft.

Black Triangles and Discs would have to pass side impact testing standards, and high altitude tubes would be co-opted for use as City Buses.

But on a slightly more serious note: I get the feeling that Presidential candidates, by their nature, are antithetical to the kind of heretical image inquiries into the paranormal conjure.

The only way 'Disclosure' (a term somewhat like Rapture in its usage) is going to happen is if the public at large evolves to demand the removal of hidden feudal power structures. Probability 0.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
But on a slightly more serious note: I get the feeling that Presidential candidates, by their nature, are antithetical to the kind of heretical image inquiries into the paranormal conjure.

Yeah. Usually they laugh off the question saying if they find out anything, they'll disclose it, but they never mean it seriously.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
With all the domestic issues as well as international conflict going among other considerations, is there really that much upside for a politician to push for disclosure?

Many Americans can hardly respect people of different cultural heritages, let alone the possibillity of sharing the universe w/ ET's - I really can see the logic in keeping many "less-enlightened" people in the dark.

It's a tough situation, because there are many intelligent people who could leverage a "disclosure" thoughtfully, assuming there's anything to disclose.

W/ respect to the topic, it would definitely been a non-puppet type candidate.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Honestly, unless you got someone elected who was dedicated to the
subject, I don't think that you'll ever get the truth.

When it comes down to it, Aliens & UFOs are not an issue in which a
large amount of people are interested in enough for a candidate to
run with it as an issue.

Plus, the truth is most likely that the true UFOs are just secret black projects that are still in there R&D phase, and thusly would be a mi-
stake to go blabbing about the specifics of these projects before they
are even on the assembly line.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't think anyone with the money and connections to be elected president of the U.S. would ever let that cat out. I personally don't think "they" would allow a president to come clean on the subject even if he knew and wanted to come clean.

Vas

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
I don't think anyone with the money and connections to be elected president of the U.S. would ever let that cat out. I personally don't think "they" would allow a president to come clean on the subject even if he knew and wanted to come clean.

Vas

If I amy ask, exactly who are "they"?

I'm not trying to sound condascending or rude, but different people
seem to believe different things, so I'm just curious as to which group
you are thinking of.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, in acient egypt, they used hyroglyphs to describe great meatle flying disks that we today call "u.f.o's" With all of the recent finds in the valley of the kings amoung other digs, has anyone bothered to think that we are inadvertanly calling them back to us?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
If I amy ask, exactly who are "they"?

I'm not trying to sound condascending or rude, but different people
seem to believe different things, so I'm just curious as to which group
you are thinking of.

I wrote it that way as way of saying "whoever you think is behind the cover-up".

Who do I personally think is behind it? I don't know.

Vas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The real question is not whether a particular candidate would be willing to request UFO info, but whether the establishment would release any info to the president once he asked.
Jimmiy Carter and Bill Clinton demanded UFO related information, and they were stone-walled.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
The real question is not whether a particular candidate would be willing to request UFO info, but whether the establishment would release any info to the president once he asked.
Jimmiy Carter and Bill Clinton demanded UFO related information, and they were stone-walled.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Unplugged]

Exactly, UFO info is on a need to know basis I'm sure, and the president doesn't need to know. It gives the president, what is it called, plausible denyablity? In case the truth is ever disclosed the president is honestly blameless because they(presidents) are in fact kept clueless.

There were rumors that JFK did learn to much and meant to go public, not saying I believe it.

Vas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm under the impression that when he was president (... and presumably before Monica!) Bill Clinton started making enquiries into the whole UFO conspiracy, but abandoned it saying something like "I don't want to end up like JFK".

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Plus, the truth is most likely that the true UFOs are just secret black projects that are still in there R&D phase, and thusly would be a mi-
stake to go blabbing about the specifics of these projects before they
are even on the assembly line.

On what basis do you make that conclusion? Mere personal speculation like your's does nothing to solve the world-wide phenomena of UFOs.

If they are STILL in the R&D phase, then why have they been sighted in similar forms for the past 60+ years? Why would we have secret 1940's technology to produce incredible anti-gravity machines that reach dizzying speeds - yet we bombed Japan with a large bomber? Sure... the logic all fits.

Why should it take 60 years to perfect aerial craft that can already outperform EVERYTHING else in the sky? What else do we need them to do that they can't already manage? They travel in space, under the ocean, blink in and out of reality, travel faster than any known aircraft, manouver better than any known aircraft, they interfere with electrical systems and even kidnap people. Isn't that enough already to stop the R&D and start mass-producing?

Obviously your mind is made up, so there's no point bothering you with facts.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagos

Many Americans can hardly respect people of different cultural heritages, let alone the possibillity of sharing the universe w/ ET's - I really can see the logic in keeping many "less-enlightened" people in the dark.

Considering your comments here...

WELCOME TO THE CLUB OF THE "LESS-ENLIGHTENED." You have my vote for president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join