It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Firm Seeks to Microchip Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 02:44 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A Washington forum debated on Friday the benefits and hazards posed by a new way of identifying people with a microchip implanted under their skin to replace conventional paper identification.

The heated debate at the National Academies, a non-profit think-tank advising the government on matters of technology and science, focused on the threat to individual privacy versus the convenience of switching to a chip.

Full Story click HERE

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Y'know, if it was something like one of those Star Trek com badges (you can leave it on or off) I don't think anyone would mind. There's advantages to microchips -- I now have to wear a Medic Alert bracelet (blood pressure, allergies to pennicillin, sulfa, codeine, contact lenses) and the list is almost too long to put on a bracelet.

My spouse's list of meds would be way too long for a bracelet.

I'd love to have something easily carryable that had critical medical info in it in case we needed help.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 08:22 AM
link   
...I don't want an implant. I want the option of carrying it.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Consider writing a consumer suggestion, of no more than 500 words, to the Grand Master of the United States.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its amazing how fast these events are occurring. These chips were just "unexpectedly" approved for use in humans in the US a week or two ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:02 AM
link   
SO Byrdie, will you be getting chipped yourself and your family? And no, you wont have an option of carrying it.

So whats the answer folks? You get a letter one morning from your government and heath institution informing you of a special appointment that was set for you. And if you fail to attend some big fat guy in government underground will label your personal file "enemy of the state".

Me, myself will not get chipped not under any point not under any circumstances. If i'm not welcome in wallmart anymore i got a farm where can get all the food i need.

new topics

top topics

join