It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Tones Down Iran Rhetoric

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Seriously though, instead of denying everything negative try refuting it with hard evidence to prove otherwise. Sure, we have issues too in the UK but many of them stem from US influence and Tony Bliars brown-nosing in the international arena.

As a frequent traveller to the US - my brother is a 10 year resident and I work for a US company - I see so much ignorance when it comes to world affairs. So much influence in world events but so little responsibility shown for the messy aftermath of meddling and corruption.
Sure, the US is not the only guilty party and I balance things by criticising my own country's actions around the world too.

I have to ask about the nonassimilation of the Muslim population into Britain's culture. How can that be good for any country? And doesn't the fact that they use their own Islamic law and have honor killings and the like speak ill of the imposition of Islamic law in the Middle East? If there is a global standard that is applied to the US and Britain, why not to the Middle East?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have to adamantly disagree in your perceptions of Iran,

For all of Irans religousity and rhetoric it still is a rational actor and would not commit an act that would justify itself getting obliterated.

As far as suicide bombers go they believe (stupidly and retardedly) that the one of them sacrificing themself to kill many more is their holy duty. Not them killing 40 of themselves to kill one person. Its a matter of simple math and logic.

Dont get me wrong I would love nothing more than to see Irans govt overthrown and replaced by a westernized democracy (good business opportunities for all) and so would most of its citizens. Which is why i think that irans govt goal all along is to invite an UNWARRENTED attak by US or Israel so as to maintain and even strengthen their power over the citizens and country. This is not something that could be done if they attak first or sell wmd's since it would give the world every right to attack Iran and thus if anything cause a revolt among the people who would be saying look at what you have done to us. But could be done by us thinking that they shouldnt have nuclear technology because they dont deserve it (you tell someone they cant have something because they arent worthy enough and all you do is build resentment among that person and increase their determination)

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

For all of Irans religousity and rhetoric it still is a rational actor and would not commit an act that would justify itself getting obliterated.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Desolate Cancer]

Since I couldnt edit it for some reason, I just wanted to say that I got this quote from The Economist

The its not verbatim.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
I have to adamantly disagree in your perceptions of Iran,

On what basis is this claim made?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join