It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Tones Down Iran Rhetoric

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
President Bush today reiterated his statement that the US was not looking for a military conflict with Iran, and that he hoped that Iran could come to the diplomatic table and work with the international community to address its nuclear needs.

news.yahoo.com
President Bush on Monday sought to dampen speculation about a U.S. military strike on Iran as the Islamic republic's president softened his tone, too, and said he wanted dialogue rather than confrontation.

Bush, in an interview at the White House with C-SPAN, dismissed talk of a U.S. military strike on Iran as political chatter. He also said there is still a chance to resolve, through diplomacy, the standoff over Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

"The Iranian people are good, honest, decent people and they've got a government that is belligerent, loud, noisy, threatening — a government which is in defiance of the rest of the world and says, 'We want a nuclear weapon,'" Bush said. "So our objective is to keep the pressure so rational folks will show up and say it's not worth the isolation."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This article is critically important because it provides a counterpoint to the debate that is raging in the public--but especially the debate raging in here. Many will dismiss this report as propaganda and posturing, but I would ask those people to consider the implications of it being true.

I feel that in some respects, people here are so convinced that the Bush administration is rushing to war, and because they believe that the Bush administration is pursuing an invidious agenda, therefore refuse to believe anything the administration has to say and are keeping too much of an angry and close eye on the US while not paying enough attention to the pernicious actions of extremists in the Middle East.

I am disturbed by the claims made on this forum that we have "nothing to fear" from Islamic extremism. I find this to be a symptom of the same myopia that many here attribute to the administration. The evidence shows that amongst these extremists, they have an all-encompassing desire to see the west replaced with a global caliphate--one that they will even die for. And the freedom to speculate about conspiracies will be the first that they quash if they gain a foothold. I hope that people at least think about this, and ensure that they are properly balancing their priorities as they watch things unfold around us.

[edit on 12/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah right. Ex-Bush Iran official: US seeks pretext for conflict with Iran

And the recent report on fake iranian involvment in Iraq smuggling IEDs.

Anyway, who still believe or support this administration, those monkeys, those traitors? Sorry, but if you do... you're not a rocket scientist..

Yeah, Buish is against it, but the false-flag attack will make him change his mind... all the terrorist's fault...

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

apc

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I especially loved the part where Amadinajahabooboo said he doesn't want bloodshed, yet he calls for the death of Israel.

There's a very simple reason this is not a "false-flag" whatever coming out of the Whitehouse: everyone already thinks it is.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Look it is a good sign regardless of how much one hate bush and this administration and same for finding Iran an adminijad to be backwards that both have said they do not want bloodshed.

The release of the military documents about Irans involvement with the high explosive armor penatrators was meant to say stop it Iran we know what your up to. I dont see it as being were going to bomb u now.

I think it was very smart of the administration to release its supposed evidence of Iran supplying the insurgents saying ok we have proof you know you are involved we know your involved now grow up and stop it or we will act defencively.

Some people on this board just wont be satisfied with anything from Bush hes saying he doesnt want war and softens his rhetoric that is a step in the right direction better than the Headlines reading bush giving Iran 2 months to stop nuclear activities or we will stop it for them. Beleive me I am as much against this american adminsitration as the next one (my reasons happen to be economical ones of wasteful spending) but when the man is trying to make things not as agitated lets give our support to that.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
And then Bush turns the Rhetoric up so hot we are on the brink of war.

Why does anyone believe these guys when they talk?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Iranian government says they "want a nuclear weapon"? I think Bush has been laying into the crack again. From what I've seen the Iranian government has consistently said it is NOT pursuing nuclear weapons. Hell there's even a fatwa issued by the Ayatollah forbidding the creation of nuclear weapons.

Bush is a liar.

[edit on 15/2/07 by subz]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Look it is a good sign regardless of how much one hate bush and this administration and same for finding Iran an adminijad to be backwards that both have said they do not want bloodshed.

Sorry, but they sprouted the same crap before the Iraq war. Blablabla, we don't want war, we want peace, but Saddam don't comply, he's evil, he can annihilate the US within 40 minutes with his biologicals and nuclear weapons... the same rhetoric, sorry, but I don't believe criminals.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The administration is going to deny wanting to go into Iran up to the point 'something' happens where they supposedly have no choice but to go.

When you get a guy like Zbigniew Brazinski testifying in front of congress that if something like 9/11 happens again, the goverment is most likely behind it, you can be sure something is really really wrong and something really bad is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

"The Iranian people are good, honest, decent people and they've got a government that is belligerent, loud, noisy, threatening — a government which is in defiance of the rest of the world and says, 'We want a nuclear weapon,'" Bush said. "So our objective is to keep the pressure so rational folks will show up and say it's not worth the isolation."

absolooooooootly amazin'. Is he on crack again?

Iran has invited dialogue several times but the US refuses point blank to even consider it. CondoSleeza Rice denied Iran had ever made any offer of talks but that was also proven to be a bare faced lie.

Mmmm.. a "government that is belligerent, loud, noisy, threatening...etc..etc

Ring any bells?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Ring any bells?

Good one.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

absolooooooootly amazin'. Is he on crack again?

Iran has invited dialogue several times but the US refuses point blank to even consider it. CondoSleeza Rice denied Iran had ever made any offer of talks but that was also proven to be a bare faced lie.

Ring any bells?

Britguy, you have way too many problems to solve on your own side of the pond. Maybe that's why you badmouth the US so much? You feel helpless?

I think you secretly wish you were a US citizen.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Britguy, you have way too many problems to solve on your own side of the pond. Maybe that's why you badmouth the US so much? You feel helpless?

shooting the messenger? why not reply on the fact the Rice has apparently lied about the talks offer?

Or is that something to ignore ?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Wow IMO that is an attack on a person because you cant refute his statement that the US is beliegerent in many of its world views and how it treats other countries. I mean I geuss one could draw the conclusion that since you are a heavy proponent of this american administration (argueably the most damaging to the US in its history) and you were so beligerent in your reply to britguy that this is the type of people who run the administration. Should make sense maybe read it a couple times

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well who else will stand up to Iran in this world? All I hear are a bunch of apologists that whine about the US. If you don't think Iran wants a nuke, you're fooling yourself.

And when they announce their first test explosion, everybody will be saying "Oh my! What shall we do now?"

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So what.

If Iran has nukes the world will not become less stable infact just the oppisate will happen it will make the mideast a more stable place.

Iran is a large country with a significant population, they only wantnukes because the us administration has invaded both their neighbors and is talking rhetoric towards them.

Your a fool if you think Iran will sell the nukes or use them, because know that it will be the end of them when we and israel have hundreds of times as many as they could hope to have.

So your worries about Iran having nukes is just unfounded fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
So what.

If Iran has nukes the world will not become less stable infact just the oppisate will happen it will make the mideast a more stable place.

Iran is a large country with a significant population, they only wantnukes because the us administration has invaded both their neighbors and is talking rhetoric towards them.

Your a fool if you think Iran will sell the nukes or use them, because know that it will be the end of them when we and israel have hundreds of times as many as they could hope to have.

So your worries about Iran having nukes is just unfounded fear mongering.

The claim that they would not use nuclear weapons is based on the assumption that they embrace the mutual annihilation doctrine. However, I don't think we can be so sure in this case. Their statements imply that they see the world in eschatological terms. I am not convinced that allowing them to possess nuclear weapons will stabilize the region.

I don't want to think that they will use nuclear weapons, but what else do I have to assess the situation with but their words?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I sometimes feel like a US citizen Jsobecky when I get that warm fuzzy feeling. It's all part of that "special relationship" I guess

Seriously though, instead of denying everything negative try refuting it with hard evidence to prove otherwise. Sure, we have issues too in the UK but many of them stem from US influence and Tony Bliars brown-nosing in the international arena.

As a frequent traveller to the US - my brother is a 10 year resident and I work for a US company - I see so much ignorance when it comes to world affairs. So much influence in world events but so little responsibility shown for the messy aftermath of meddling and corruption.
Sure, the US is not the only guilty party and I balance things by criticising my own country's actions around the world too.

As for becoming an a US citizen? I have thought about it a few times and, perhaps one day, it may happen. That doesn't mean I have to abandon logic and reason and my questioning and critical nature the moment I step off the plane

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
With the US backing off of Iran, as well as North Koreas stepping back (from nuclear arms) , I see this as a good thing.

Just a month and a half ago or so, it seemed like all hell was going to break loose at any time.

Any step however small, towards more peaceful diplomatic relationships with these countries is good for all.

[edit on 2/16/2007 by Mechanic 32]

apc

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Erm... yeeeeaaaah... we're talking about people who think killing themselves in the process of killing their enemies is a good holy act. The fools are those who don't see this as reality because examples blow themselves up almost every day.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So what.

They want nukes because it will allow them to threaten Israel, and to spread the caliphate throughout the ME.

They will sell them, and then deny it, and you will believe them.

I sometimes feel like a US citizen Jsobecky when I get that warm fuzzy feeling. It's all part of that "special relationship" I guess

Well, if you ever do make it stateside, give me a ring and I'll buy you a pint.

Seriously though, instead of denying everything negative try refuting it with hard evidence to prove otherwise. Sure, we have issues too in the UK but many of them stem from US influence and Tony Bliars brown-nosing in the international arena.

The major problems with your society have nothing to do with the US. Gun control and major problems caused by unrestricted immigration by your enemies spring to mind. They will be your downfall, sad to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join