It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if our solar system was really an atom?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is 100% true. We are a part of a larger object that is far to large for us to understand. This large object is called GOD.

The whole thing about the solar system being atoms is not a "unique" thought and MANY MANY people have thought about this. Although they aren't exactly "atoms" they are basicaly exactly simular.

To scary to think about it, if you ask me.

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Connected]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
And what is GOD part of.... or does it stop at him ?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

That is the question I have been pondering for my entire life..

I am in California, California is in USA, USA is on Earth, Earth is in our solar system, our solar system is in the universe, the universe is..............where?

What is outside of our universe? Is there more?

Some things nobody can answer.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
There must be more.
Cant be "nothing"
Maybe another universe.... or stuff left over from a failed one....

Someday we will know the answers,
and on that day, we will have more questions.

Is there a word for a group of universe's ?
uniblob ?, universa-mucho ?, multiverse ?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
metaverse. Meaning, a universe within a universe.

As of today it is mainly just a computer virtual reality term.

Multiverse was correct too...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Connected]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
To say that we, as a Universe, are connected to God, to me, is inconceivable. My religous background aside, where would God come from? Is he truly a God, or Just some being much farther advanced than us, and we are his rejected play things? This isn't a religous query, just an expansion of what R3KR said. Its really interesting to sit back and think it out.

nia

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
i saw that last film in jr.high like 7 or 8 years ago, really tripped me out then, but since i've come to understand much more than i knew then, and i like to think it's a little harder to freak me out now. then again, it may be easier, and i just pay less attention to things that dont make sense. just one more of those instances where the frame of reference can change the entire meaning of anything.

nia

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connected

Originally posted by R3KR

That is the question I have been pondering for my entire life..

I am in California, California is in USA, USA is on Earth, Earth is in our solar system, our solar system is in the universe, the universe is..............where?

What is outside of our universe? Is there more?

Some things nobody can answer.

if the universe is constantly expanding, where does the extra space come from? is it really getting bigger? or is everything inside it, including us, getting smaller? is there an edge or end to the universe or is it just that light started after the universe and it's still just starting to bounce back towards us? if the universe has no beginning, and no end, where is it's middle? why do any of us care, it's not like we'll ever get there. and while i know this, i still ponder all of those things, i know that none of it matters but for me to say that i know. man's search for knowledge will never end.
does anybody care??
i think we all care, and yet, we dont always know that we care.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by nia]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLizardKing
To say that we, as a Universe, are connected to God, to me, is inconceivable. My religous background aside, where would God come from? Is he truly a God, or Just some being much farther advanced than us, and we are his rejected play things? This isn't a religous query, just an expansion of what R3KR said. Its really interesting to sit back and think it out.

When I say GOD, I mean the ONE ALL MIGHTY MASTER OF ALL THE UNIVERSE.. The "Gods" in religious text's are actually "Lords", which created man, but are under the 1 true GOD, which created them and everything.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
We think the universe started with a singularity.
We think there are singularities at the centre of black holes.
We think the universe contains many black holes..

I reckon we're in an eternal multiverse,with the question most needing an answer being: how do we escape to another universe if this one is gonna "die"?Tough question but we should have quite a while to figure it out

nia

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aylyan
I reckon we're in an eternal multiverse,with the question most needing an answer being: how do we escape to another universe if this one is gonna "die"?Tough question but we should have quite a while to figure it out

touchet, and a good point.
but as you said, hopefully we have many a century to figure it out, or better yet, millenia!

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My opinion is that the solar system is not an equivalent of an atom. According to string theory the ultimate indivisible unit would be a string of energy. All this is based in mathematical calculations.

Also according to string theory the universe could be part of a multiverse. The truth is that all this is ming boggling but really fascinating. I'm posting here the documentary for those interested.

The Elegant Universe Part 1: Einstein's Dream (1/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 1: Einstein's Dream (2/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 1: Einstein's Dream (3/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 1: Einstein's Dream (4/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 1: Einstein's Dream (5/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 2: String's The Thing (1/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 2: String's The Thing (2/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 2: String's The Thing (3/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 2: String's The Thing (4/5)

The Elegant Universe Part 2: String's The Thing (5/5)

The Elegant Universe 3: Welcome to the 11th Dimension (1/5)

The Elegant Universe 3: Welcome to the 11th Dimension (2/5)

The Elegant Universe 3: Welcome to the 11th Dimension (3/5)

The Elegant Universe 3: Welcome to the 11th Dimension (4/5)

The Elegant Universe 3: Welcome to the 11th Dimension (5/5)

[edit on 2/13/2007 by mulder762002]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I learned the lesson on my third acid trip way back in 64......
If you can look very small, and then switch to very large ,from sand grains to stars...you get an idea where you fit into this universe....
God is the total consciousness of the multiverses.....
God has loaned us a tiny spark of His consciousness for a short time.
When we die, we go back to being part of the total again....
we are gods dream of what would happen if he did create a universe......
our individuality and free will being somewhat of an illusion....

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Wow mulder762002, thanks for sharing those educational videos (just starting to watch them).

Ok so does that mean that the atom is not the smallest thing? It's actually possible to zoom in even closer to reveal more and more? What fun.

7A

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
One body spining around another is the most stable configuration. No energy needs to be spent. Thus everywhere u look (other than where there is friction) objects spin around one another. Starting from the moon around earth, earth around sun, sun around the center of the galaxy...etcetera.
According to string theory....it says that even the smallest part of atoms are made of vibrating strings of energy. Now you don't see that in the solar system.
Back to the basics....we know that protons and nuetrons make the nucleus...and the electrons orbits around the nucleus. Now what do u make of the moons in our solar system. In an atom we have nothing revolving around the electrons(unlikely to be discovered in the future cause a particle revolving around the electrons would have a serious consiquences to the laws of physics and chemistry). And the sun ain't made of protons and neutrons....its made of helium and hydrogen.
I rest my case...

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
GREAT TOPIC!!! (you get a WATS!)

This topic has already been on my mind for a while, although I haven't done any research or anything on it so what follows is my belief only.

Considering that every single thing on our planet at a microscopic level follows the pattern of our solar system (one large object orbited by several smaller ones) its evident that its one of the designs nature has replicated amongst us. And even if we think about our entire galaxy... we have a galactic core orbited by millions of stars.

Imagine the idea that within each of our cells, at the level of electrons and protons, that each of them is a tiny world orbiting what is to them a large sun. Whether true or not, the simple idea of it is mind blowing!

edit: lizardking see U2U

[edit on 13/2/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What exactly is a WATS?

Some great videos up there, I appreciate you sharing them. there has sparked alot of very interesting view points and posts, and im just glad to be a part of it. It never ceases to amaze me that people also sit around thinking of this stuff.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The power of ten vid shown earlier on in this thread is quite interesting but does not focus enough on the zoom in.

You may want to take a look at the following thread.

Finally an answer to EVERYTHING - Quantum Field Gravity - BRAIDS

I never like plugging a thread of mine, but I think you will agree it is pertenant to the subject at hand.

One thing is very clear... there are significant differences between macro and micro.

This is where Loop Quantum gravity comes into play, as it describes accurately the universe at the fundamental level and also explains why things are the way they are at larger scales too.

QLG states that fundamentally all matter and energy is made of twisted braids of the very fabric of space... if you like space-time itself.

Two schools of thought here.

1. We and everything in our reality exists simply as the results of a quantum sea of pure potentiality.

2. We and all that is in reality exists as the results of quantum computation... we are in a matrix of a kind.

Keep thinking... it is the mother of all creation.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The problem with this is that our solar system does not really resemble an atom,, it only resembles one of the atomic models. While many people think that an atom exists as some kind of central material made of protons and neutrons orbited by electrons, this is not the physical reality. That is merely a model that helps us understand how it works. In fact, the electrons exist as probability clouds around the nucleus. They are popping into and out of existence at different positions around the nucleus all the time. They don't follow nice little elliptical orbits like our planets.

Here's a bit from the Wikipedia entry for "Atom:"

The nucleus of an atom is surrounded by a cloud of electrons, and it is primarily the interaction of these clouds that govern the chemical behavior of atoms. A popular concept is that the electrons orbit the atom in neat circles like planets around a sun, but this is an obsolete model that is nonetheless still taught to schoolchildren because it is simpler and sufficient for school-level chemistry. In the true modern model of the atom, the positions of the electrons around the atom's nucleus are described through probabilities—that is, an electron can theoretically be found at any arbitrary position around the nucleus, but is more likely to be found in certain regions than others. This pattern is referred to as its atomic orbital and the shape of its orbital depends on its energy level (or, more specifically, its quantum state).

[edit on 13-2-2007 by nataylor]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I read a science fiction comic about this, I thought it was an interesting concept.. and it could be true in some ways.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join