It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We, As Americans, Don't necessarily need to change our views.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Maybe we are right, ever thought of that.

Maybe the whole world is wrong. After all don't we have representatives of the whole world under one flag right now.

If America is always wrong, always stupid. What does that say about the rest of the world

I'm tired of the rest of the World walking up taking a hand out then whining about everything. You don't like us quit taking our $.

They Whine when we go to war, they used to whine when we didn't.

They Whine when we give aide, whine when we don't or its not enough

They Whine we show up and help, they whine when we don't.

They Whine about our opinions, why when we don't have any.

They Whine about our freedom of religions, then whine about not having freedom of religion

All the rest of the World Whines about is the U.S. Jealous anyone

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Shakespear said that the whole world is just a stage. and in showbusiness if you are being talked about regardless, you are doing something right.

Honestly I think the last 7 years have erroded a lot of what makes this country great. We have declined as a society in some degree. Other than that, america is the most diverse and beautiful country in the world. And our military weapons kick ass too.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Weve got more venemous snakes than you. So there!!

Most of your sitcoms suck.

All of your sports you have to take time outs, whats with that, get on with the game.

Apart from that you guy's are ok i guess, but i have been drinking and i love everyone when i'm :w:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
After watching way too many NAGO, Animal planet, etc shows about you Aussie's, I don't know how there are so many of you.

I would be constantly waiting to be eaten, or have my kids stolen by baboons. Don't get me started on the ocean. OOps there goes the largest great white population, Sorry thought you were a seal. But I'll spit you out, hope you can re-attach that boney leg of your. Man you guys should eat more blubber.

Other than the constant threat of being eaten, and all the cheesy Howling movies, Australia is pretty cool too.

By the way in the US if a sitcom is any good it will get canceled quickly in favor of a reality show that really suxs

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I predict this thread will soon collapse into a heated political argument that will eventually be locked by a moderator.

Just giving a warning.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think most of the people in the forum will refuse to post anything for fear of people thinking too harshily about them for a mod to have to jump in.

Kacen, I like your background(avatar), its peaceful.

But then again I am
:w:
:bash::bnghd:

I hope I don't get

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
YOU HAD great shows.
Seinfeld, friends....

Now a days you have crap like, Lost, and hero's..

Why do you think aussies are so damn good at sports?

We spend day and night running from kangaroo's, dingoes , and the king brown snake '' who can slither faster than most can run ''

Ian Thrope, he never even owned a swimming pool.

He just put tiny cuts in his massive feet, then swum around in the ocean until a shark drew to the blood..... talk about dedication to training...

We're all creations from CONVICTS.. you cant beat that..

BUT,

America's a great place, apart from the accent,
the $1.00 note ( c'mon, thats the biggest insecurity you can get )
atleast we have a sense of humour, making the 2$ coin SMALLER than the $1 coin...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The entire world is jealous of us Americans, it makes me sick when they talk smack about us.

We should take McDonald's away from them, then we'll see how they like it!

CHEERS :w:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If we were to withhold the Big Mac..and Cocoa cola, they would be forced to submit to our will. They are now addicted to it like the rest of us. I would be like making a junky go cold turkey:bash:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi Royal, When you want to be top dog you have to take the bad with the good. The problem for Americans is that many see you as insular, not well educated and full of corporate greed and corruption.

The problem is over time people forget what good you may have done and only remember the bad things like war, many now see America as a threat to world security and rather than you thinking people are jealous of you its quite the opposite. America as a young nation lacks the culture and status of many other Nations, its like your the new school bully, ignorant and arrogant.

But I understand how you feel and think, being a member of the greatest empire the world has ever seen you do go round thinking your better than everyone else and you have the right to do what you want and take what you like. But as you get older you realise that greatness has a high price, usually to the cost of many lives and greed.

Sooner or later it all ends and America's time will come as all before have gone the same way. Maybe in the future we will be bitching about the Chinese or whoever, and just remember when your on the way down many like to stick the boot in, settling old scores etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
magicmushroom
All Empires eventually fade away into the limelight...But not just yet.

Please don't take offense(This is the way we are taught to perceive everyone else)

Europe- Upity, still caught up with nobility, and that they look down on all of those who aren't them
(France)-Upity, extremely hairy, rude, and whine alot

Asia- Uptight, Inferiority Complex, So many people that they see people only as numbers. The Best toons (Anime) ever. Technologically superior to all.

Middle East- Self Rightious, Hypocrates, stuck in the stone age.

Australia- Good all around people, who live in a place that should be one giant zoo. Most of us are terrified of going there and being eaten.

Antartica/Artic-Freaken cold, with frozen aliens, and cavemen.

You guys should try and get info from other perspectives. If I didn't this is what I would think of you. I don't subscript to all. But some do fit. Especially France, and the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
The entire world is jealous of us Americans,

AMEN. All the anti-American blathering is nothing more than ignorant

new topics

top topics

join