It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lago de Cote, Costa Rica, Sept 04, 1971 Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What a great idea for a forum you have here JRitzMann.

Here is an UFO that I would like your take and opinions on. This is a photo of an UFO taken in Costa Rica over Lago de Cote on September 04, 1971 by a geological survey mapping team.

irondogg.myphotoalbum.com...

UFO Evidence
The photo above (cropped and enlarged) was taken by a Costa Rican government mapping plane during an aerial mapping mission. This UFO photograph is unique for several reasons. 1) The photograph was taken by a high-quality, professional camera. 2) The unidentified object is plainly visible against the uniformly dark background of the lake and appears in sharp focus. 3) The camera was aimed downward and the plane was flying at a known, fixed altitude (10,000 feet), which makes it easy to calculate a maximum size for the object (683 feet).

I dont think I have ever heard any discredit to this photo and it is relatively unknown compared to other "real" shots of an UFO, so I was wondering your take on it? I really like how the UFO is partly submerged. I think it adds to the quality of the photo's legitimacy, and at the same time, raises a bunch of questions; see below.

Here is an analysis of the photo by Dr. Richard F. Haines and Dr. Jacques F. Vallee here too to check out:
www.scientificexploration.org...

Scientific Exploration
There is no indication that the image is the product of a double exposure or a deliberate fabrication.
In summary, our analyses have suggested that an unidentified, opaque, aerial object was captured on film at a maximum distance of 10,000 feet. There are no visible means of lift or propulsion and no surface markings other than darker regions that appear to be nonrandom.

Now for my side questions. What are they doing in that lake? Are they just vaccuuming up some water like some other pics have shown? Is the UFO entering or exiting the water? Either way, what would they be doing down there? The report mentions that some locals in the area had seen instances of these objects moving about at surface and just under the surface. Is there a "base" under there? How about an entrance down there into the underworld tunnels of Dulce yore and Reptilian legends? Maybe they were just stopping by to take a nap on their way by Sol 3 and were coincidentally "caught on film"? Any speculations yourself?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hey there-
I've seen that one before, but never really gave it much of a look over. Unfortunately with shots from film cameras, I'd have to have the original negatives to judge anything.

However, I'll say this, it look precisely what I see looking out my car window, which has a stone chip in it. Conical shading...actually isnt, (in the case of my windshield) but rather is a product of the glass chipped at a reflected angle.

I'll read over the report, but at first glance I'd think it was a glass chip (if there was even glass between the camera and shot.), or some sort of debris in the film.

Lemme read over the report and I'll look at it some more. It's an interesting pic.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
jritzmann, can we post to you videos too, in order to analyse, other than photos?
Thanks

[edit on 24-2-2007 by manastin]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Unfortunately with shots from film cameras, I'd have to have the original negatives to judge anything.

Fair enough, so just to confirm for future then, you only do proper analysis on digital photo's, not the older photo's?

However, I'll say this, it look precisely what I see looking out my car window, which has a stone chip in it. Conical shading...actually isnt, (in the case of my windshield) but rather is a product of the glass chipped at a reflected angle.

Although I do see the resemblance to what you are referring, I must respectfully disagree (in my humble opinion only) that it is a rock chip or debris... The roundness of the "upper" edge is just too perfectly round, and consistent, isn't it? Idk...

I'll read over the report, but at first glance I'd think it was a glass chip (if there was even glass between the camera and shot.), or some sort of debris in the film.

Lemme read over the report and I'll look at it some more. It's an interesting pic.

The glass chip idea is very good thinking though, but it must have another explanation. I'm not saying it's a reptilian space craft or anything, but I think it must be something other then a rock chip, thats all... If it was a rock chip, we should be able to see that rock chip in many of the other possibly thousands of photo's that geological mapping team may have taken that day? I think I remember somewhere in that story that it was only on one frame? Maybe a few more, I can't remember for sure.
Their boss would have been a little mad if they spent all day flying around in circles mapping only to find out that the day was a complete waste of time, and they would have to refly that route after they replace the glass... I would expect they were a little more professional than that and at least checked out their line of sight once in a while to make sure everything was working.

I did a search here for this case, and their is only 4 threads (including this one) where this case is mentioned...

TejanoRey mentions it here, but it isn't discussed:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TheShroudOfMemphis mentions it here, but it isn't discussed:

HeelStone mentions it here, but it isn't discussed:

And now I bring it up in this thread, but it has been posted now for awhile and everyone here seems a little reluctant to discuss it again. Why is that, everyone? Just because this is JR's forum, doesn't mean everyone else can't give their 2 cents...
I find it a little weird that this photo is 35 years old and it is hardly discussed at all... Does anyone know of anywhere that this photo is seriously debunked?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey Iron-
No, I do analog data analysis too, but unfortunately I dont have the negatives or prints to determine anything in regards to the photo. Whats posted is almost assuradly scanned and compressed...so there's some stuff I can tell, but there's a point where I cant do more.

Now regarding the window chip, yeah it's true that it's only in one shot but I cant say it doesnt look exactly like a chip. I just dont know all the circumstances of the photo, and I've only read thru about half the report (which is really interesting).

Not much I can say other then that til I get thru things. I do have a possible way of getting better data from the case, so I'll ask around and see what I can do.

new topics

top topics

join