It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery...Who's fault was it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76

Where a black guy sold a white guy

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Royal76]

Indeed they did, during the same period of the Slave Trade to the America's, in fact.

As for the question "Slavery...Who's fault was it?", I don't think that limiting it too Black people taken to the America's is in anyway fair or even going to give you an answer. Slavery was going on for thousands of years prior and still goes on today, so singling out one tiny period and example is completely stupid, unless you have an agenda.

But, if you insist on an answer for you oh-so specific and blinkered question, I would say both buyer's and sellers actively encouraged the trade, but seeing as the capture and sale of slaves took place in Western Africa prior to the Europeans turning up, then the blame must reside with the culture that promoted the capture and trade of slaves, namely the West African tribes.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think your annoyance is that I'm right, your countries Paranoia has taken over thus making you think that everyone is out to get you.

I believe you are allowing the aformentioned crusade to cloud your thinking.

I apologize for my spelling I have never said I am a great model for the "Queen's english". But you ignored the statement and went to try and ridicule(failure) me instead of actually reading it.

There was no attempt at ridicule, you used the wrong word, if you weren't in such a rush to post your reply I'm sure you would have picked it up.

Dare I mention the word "country's" is the word you were looking for in your first paragraph, stop rushing your posts.

Basically would you react differently if the colors were reversed

Where a black guy sold a white guy

In your hypothetical scenario, those leaders would be lynched.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
At least you have finally have stated you opinion.

As for my grammer, please forgive this lowly serf master I be learnt much in the colonies.

Please drink some tea Mylord to calm those nerves about the paranoid feelings.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Happy to be of service, what did you learn from my answer?

--

I have humoured you on this thread Royal76, despite your ignorance and antagonistic child-like behaviour.

I hope, in future posts you take away some of the lessons you have learned about your own behaviour even if you don't admit as much now, I hope you will one day.

I ask that you look carefully at your posts and understand the reasons for the lack of interest by other posters in this thread.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Koka]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Blame

How much of mankind's limited time on this rock has been wasted on "blame"?

How many have died in wars all because someone blamed another for some action?

Does it really matter who is to blame for anything? Will it change the fact that it happened?

On many threads similar to this one, we have touched upon the "being a victim" phenomenon and even cast dispersions in that regard. Yet are not not feeding that "I'm a victim" image by exploring who is to blame? Are we not enabling more and more to proclaim "VICTIM" when we search for answers that inevitably will serve no good purpose?

I have often contemplated how many wonderful things may have been done if we could ever just drop the blame game and concentrate our efforts on working together instead of pulling apart. Yet how can this happen when so many are searching for who is to blame?

Going back and reading the numerous posts on this sensitive topic, I find so very many that either make no sense to me, or are so off topic and simply posted against another poster. Why? because we are looking to blame someone. Looking to become a victim instead of a perpetrator. And what will be the advantage if we find it? More and more conflict and strife.

Well, just my early morning 2 cents...

Semper

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
My DIL is currently doing my genalogy and I have several famous black people in my ancestry, probably plenty who were not famous, Booker T. Washington was a slave until the age of nine and also a Reverend Richard Allen who was a also a former slave, both of them are ancestors of mine. If you look at me or read my birth certificate you would see caucasian but apparently I am also a decendant of slaves.

I also have plenty of famous whites folks in my ancestry, here is my point if you go back in ancestry far enough black or white you will find people of both races. So who do I blame the slave owners or the people who originally sold them into slavery, to me they share the blame equally.

So here is a funny thought if that case where the descendants of former slaves get restittution how many white people like me will be able to claim it?

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
So here is a funny thought if that case where the descendants of former slaves get restittution how many white people like me will be able to claim it?

I believe in that case you'll just have to pay reparations to yourself. And I'd recommend giving yourself a good talking to while you're at it.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Happy to be of service, what did you learn from my answer?

That you really don't know what you are talking about.

I have humoured you on this thread Royal76, despite your ignorance and antagonistic child-like behaviour.

I hope, in future posts you take away some of the lessons you have learned about your own behaviour even if you don't admit as much now, I hope you will one day.

I ask that you look carefully at your posts and understand the reasons for the lack of interest by other posters in this thread.

Good to see Koka and all of the UK has learned from its pompous past and evolved with some class into a bright shiny future.

Oh wait a minute, Koka didn't show any class...Well at least the U.K. is evolving even if some of its inhabitants aren't.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
One final question.

Do you only apply racial stereotyping to those that do not conform to your ideals?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The purpose of a forum like this is to debate these ideas. If I gave into your every whim, I would not be upholding my side, and thus would lack the conviction to follow through on what I believe. And that would be a disservice to you.

PS I don't have a sterotype for you. I believe what I believe after having talked with you.

"Never give up...Never surrender!!!!!!!!!!!"

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, in my case, Turks have occupied and enslaved big part of now called Eastern Europe. Who should we blame for that? Turks had Christian slaves for a couple of hundred of years...should we blame the Turks, or the Christinans, for not being united? I personally blame the Catholics, because they let the Christian Orthodox fall out of the pure stupidity and greed.

So there. Orthodox Christians were slaves, to muslims. They still are, in Turkey, Avganistan, Pakistan...anywhere where muslims are in power, Christians don't have any human rights. Zero.

So, who should we blame?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well, in my case, Turks have occupied and enslaved big part of now called Eastern Europe. Who should we blame for that? Turks had Christian slaves for a couple of hundred of years...should we blame the Turks, or the Christinans, for not being united? I personally blame the Catholics, because they let the Christian Orthodox fall out of the pure stupidity and greed.

So there. Orthodox Christians were slaves, to muslims. They still are, in Turkey, Avganistan, Pakistan...anywhere where muslims are in power, Christians don't have any human rights. Zero.

I hadn't heard about that. I was raised Roman Catholic, and have serious reservation about the religion, and well most religions now. I'm not saying I don't believe in god. I 100% do I just don't subscribe to what they say anymore.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
religion is not the issue here. Who should I blame for the slavery of my people? Your catholic education is so good that you haven't even heard about it...do you even know that Orthodox Christian priests in "modern" Turkey cannot wear their normal clothes, since seeing them in the streets "offends" muslims? And that Christians have limited number of masses they can server per year, so that they do not offend muslims...and many many other restrictions?

Do you know that Christians in all muslim countries live lives below ANY HUMAN level? Isn't that the same as slavery, when you cannot move, think, dress, eat or live the way you want?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Did you bother to read what I said. Or did you just go off after I said the word Catholic?

I don't support any of the established religions. I have lost faith in all of them. I choose to believe in GOD. But I refuse to believe in all the crap these religions spew as the word of god.

So don't even think its exceptable to put me in with those groups

To be totally honest I think most of the Muslim/Arabic leaders are probably the least worthy people to be telling anyone else how to live their lives. These are the biggest hypocrites who have ever existed. When I hear, or see of muslims abusing their power it really p!$$e$ me off.

How about this. In the United States of America. In the city were the twin towers fell. There is or will be a Muslim public school, were only Muslim, ways and beliefs will be taught. That's right I said public, payed for by the taxpayers of New York. In the Country that is always saying that they believe in a seperation of church and state.

I would really like to know why we always fold to the Muslims

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

So don't even think its exceptable to put me in with those groups

Yet you find it so easy to do it to others.

It seems you are wearing those blinkers a little too tight, royal76.

So much so that you have no idea how revealing your posts are about your nature.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That Koka would spew more venom in another ATTEMPT to rile my feathers. If you have nothing new to add why bother.

I guess some can only give it but can't take it.

by the way what's with the acid trip Avatar. Salvador Dali anyone. Of course you would have to melt the background a little.

Never Give up....Nevery surrender.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Royal76, I did not mean anything bad, but I do apologize. What makes me upset is how they have created the atmosphere that white people have to constantly apologize to black people for the history.
The fact is that Arabs and Jews made the most of the money trading slaves from Africa. And that was LEGAL at that time.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well the only thing I am going to say to this is ... If China, Russia, or any other country in the world came over. (NO MATTER HOW SUPERIOR or HOW MUCH THEY WANTED TO PAY ME or WHAT THEY PROMISED ME) I WOULD NEVER LEAVE MY HOME COUNTRY. (NO MATTER WHAT THE CONDITIONS WERE). So in my point of view (Which has never been this way before today;untill I actually say down and thought about it.) I believe that Africans brought the slave trade upon themselves as they were selling each other as slaves whether for meals or whatever. Indentured Servants might as well be the same thing as Interns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join