It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My O'hare UFO FOIA request

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by jemblem62
i think what he is saying is that on top of every single tax why do they have to get 30 bucks for handing someone a paper that isnt personal but is on file. even 5 or 10 dollars i wouldnt complain about but they really are just ripping people off

What they are offering for $30 is a copy of a tape recorded from a control tower. I'm not an expert, but I imagine these tapes are not automatically converted into a computer file and put online for easy access. Someone is going to physically have to find the tape, queue it to the correct time he wants, record it to another tape, possibly have to get it cleared as to having no classified or personal information on it, wrap it up and send it to him.

You say you could get that e-mailed to you in no time in the UK -- I'd bet almost anything that you can't. Try to call up your FOI office and ask them to e-mail you an mp3 audio file covering some random hour of time recorded from Heathrow's control tower weeks ago and see how far you get.

tape from a control tower is nothing special unless its actual evidence used in a trial and is the same universal price for all FOIA items if i recall. if you can remember the bjork stalker video you can actually buy the evidence from the fbi at a price. as for the ohare traffic controller data they will cut the ufo part out and as they stated before "we didnt pick up anything unusual on radar". also as for recent classified information it is exempt from the FOIA anyways

<< 1  2   >>

join